Made more money than my day job since January this year. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Made more money than my day job since January this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
i don't know too many non brand owners who are making 220+ per item they sell, unless it's a service. So i think there is more to this as well. And even if he is selling as you say, he needs to be smart and diversify his ebay accounts. However he did pass mc011 so it's very unlikely he was selling designer products. With all that being said. There is more to importing than ebay.

You have to pass customs, you have to pay taxes if it's legit items, sea orders work... until they don't, you need a customs broker, or a good Chinese courier who can take care of that for you, you have to have a near by port.. Or again pay another courier to ship you the products. DHL will not last forever unless you have some very good connections in customs. And even if you do, i have heard it doesn't always get through. And that's even for those trying not to pay import fees. Let alone foofoos.
Yes I’m not a brand owner I’ve found a gem of a product where I buy it cheap from China and it just sells so well on eBay at the moment. It comes with warranty as well so at first I thought it might be a China special replica product but it can be registered for warranty and not one customer has complained about the product no returns and no negative feedback.

Now I was selling other foo foo items as you say and they were returned from customers potentially leading to the MC011 I got. eBay wanted an invoice for just one of my replica products so I brought 10 from a well known retailer and eBay reinstated my account. I don’t sell these products now just my big profit items for now (big profit, few items to post easy money for now)

I no longer use DHL as I had issues with them I’m using another courtier at the moment where I only buy so many and so far I’ve had no issues with them at customs so I’m hoping it will still continue that way but again not building my hopes up. I’m also not paying any customs fees at the moment or tax or vat as I’m working in my day job and have not reached 85k vat threshold.

I believe after June 30th if I have made more than 85k then I will need to register but if I have not made the threshold then eBay have told me they won’t ask for vat so it’s going to be another hurdle for me to jump when I get to it.

Last edited by samspalace; 04-19-2021 at 07:43 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2021

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

If you want to sell full time on the internet you need to cast a wide net, selling fully on eBay is not recommended as when you get that dreaded email that says all your listings have been removed and you can no longer sell on eBay (for wat ever reason) you wished you stayed at your job.

Success is open other accounts such as Amazon, a sencond stealth eBay account, etsy etc

In the USA I also have those mentioned above and Walmart, Bonanza and a couple extra so that if I get taken down by competitor interference (that in my opinion causes most sellers problems especially if you are doing well selling genuine product) then you have other avenues to sell on to take up the slack and develop.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%

I was in the same situation and I liked one advise that before quiting job, do FD for 6 months for the amount of money which is enough for living and have the same amount in bank balance so 1 year I can easily live even all my plans fail. I did one more step and invested 3rd same amount of money for better earning profit in mutual funds as I am good at it with practical experience so I quit the job as I know for sure that no matter what happens I have enough resources in worst case scenario.

The big benifit of this is, it brings peace of mind which helps to become sucesful in what we do in those whatever 12 or 18 months.

All the best.
Old 04-20-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Well done.

Fck working for a salary, I hope your success will continue.

I haven't had someone else to tell me what to do for 13 years +, working for someone else is just not for me, I hate authority.

Every job I ever had I hated and was just saving money to go off travelling somewhere, then I combined work with travel and become "location independent" dream come true.

These days I wake up when I want, travelling around the world(even during Covid), i'm currently building a mini harem that is stocked with women half my age who pander to my every whim. I'm friends with many high net worth individuals and some celebs. And to cap it all off, I have a big penis.

Goodnight and god bless.
Somebody forgot to take their meds today .... but congrats if you're being serious.

Last edited by james_112233; 04-20-2021 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Hi everyone,

So as the title says I’ve now made more money on eBay in the last 4 months compared to my day job.

My day job pays £1600 a month. I’ve made between 3k and 6k each month just on eBay so I’m doing okay for myself.

I’ve passed a lot of tests since selling back on eBay in June last year. I’ve overcome dropshipping policy where my eBay account was flagged for 2 months where my account wasn’t getting any impressions views or many sales for 2 months last year.

I encounter MC011 restriction a few weeks ago which I passed as well so it’s now getting to the time for me to start considering doing ebay full time.

I already have 6 months worth of savings in my account and I have made more than in my day job for 4 months straight.

And a lot of my mates at work and in general are saying go for it..

“If I was making what your making I wouldn’t be working here”

Any professional advice from here would be much appreciated.

P.S I have to go to work tomorrow and thinking to myself why should I even bother lol.
Congrats ... I haven't worked for some one in a decade and I love it. It's lonely but wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by james_112233; 04-20-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Congrats ... I haven't worked for some one in a decade and I love it. It's lonely but wouldn't have it any other way.
It is lonely.... And just to reiterate lol we do work for someone. Ebay.
Old 04-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
It is lonely.... And just to reiterate lol we do work for someone. Ebay.
True. But it's been a decade already ...

This decade I intend to have a mortgage free property so I can just earn enough to pay bills and that's it/
Old 04-20-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
True. But it's been a decade already ...

This decade I intend to have a mortgage free property so I can just earn enough to pay bills and that's it/
personally, I see nothing wrong with mortgages. Interest rates are low. Horde the cash. Why have it tied up in a house? Let the bank take all the risk of holding the mortgage. Don't know how it is in the UK, but you never truly own your house here. Property taxes. Eminent domain. It's a nice concept to believe we own the house, but we don't really. It can still be taken away at any time, even if it's mortgage free.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (04-23-2021)
Old 05-04-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Hi everyone,

So as the title says I’ve now made more money on eBay in the last 4 months compared to my day job.

My day job pays £1600 a month. I’ve made between 3k and 6k each month just on eBay so I’m doing okay for myself.

I’ve passed a lot of tests since selling back on eBay in June last year. I’ve overcome dropshipping policy where my eBay account was flagged for 2 months where my account wasn’t getting any impressions views or many sales for 2 months last year.

I encounter MC011 restriction a few weeks ago which I passed as well so it’s now getting to the time for me to start considering doing ebay full time.

I already have 6 months worth of savings in my account and I have made more than in my day job for 4 months straight.

And a lot of my mates at work and in general are saying go for it..

“If I was making what your making I wouldn’t be working here”

Any professional advice from here would be much appreciated.

P.S I have to go to work tomorrow and thinking to myself why should I even bother lol.

Thought the same, but ebay isnt a cushy number anymore with Mp. As we speak I got another invitation on a new account.
We get few accounts at most if we lucky on Mp with real. And watch and care for them like a hawk even then i have done no wrong and boom account gone.
Old 05-14-2021

Longevity: 50%

It won’t last , keep your job just in case , these accounts are cat & mouse been doing this game for years , good luck to you don’t get carried away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delkimtxi123 For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-14-2021), james_112233 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021

Longevity: 51%

The New MP requirements, if we don't fix it, alot of things will be shriveling up at the end of May.

What is the meaning of shrivel?
intransitive verb. 1 : to draw into wrinkles especially with a loss of moisture. 2a : to become reduced to inanition, helplessness, or inefficiency. b : dwindle.
Old 05-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnynose View Post
The New MP requirements, if we don't fix it, alot of things will be shriveling up at the end of May.

What is the meaning of shrivel?
intransitive verb. 1 : to draw into wrinkles especially with a loss of moisture. 2a : to become reduced to inanition, helplessness, or inefficiency. b : dwindle.
Need more time and experimentation and forum member input
Old 05-14-2021

Longevity: 20%

Imagine the increase in sales sellers will experience that have successfully transferred to MP due to a lot of other sellers being cut from the platform
Old 05-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
Imagine the increase in sales sellers will experience that have successfully transferred to MP due to a lot of other sellers being cut from the platform
Was thinking just that - cornering of the market for the successful sellers