Bank statements @ 4k - What will happen? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Bank statements @ 4k - What will happen?

So my bank accounts are all biz accounts, but my eBays are all personal. Seen some posts mention that eBay MP starts asking for statements @ 4k.

My questions:
- Is this done only for biz accounts? Personal? Both?
- What are they checking for? For the name to match? The address? Both?
- Is the bank account request a type of limitation? Can you keep selling? Are payout withheld / listing removed during this period?
- Can I change my eBay to a biz account after I get the doc request (in order to match my bank account)? Or must it be before
- How much time are you given to provide this info? I’m assuming inability to provide it will result in cessation of selling privileges, correct?

What is everyone experience with this? I've only seen isolated discussions about it here. Any resources are appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2021

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: Bank statements @ 4k - What will happen?

I have never been asked for a bank statement and all of my MP accounts have done over 100k in sales.
I think that they will only ask for a statement if they cannot verify your details, and I'm guessing that they ask for verification well before 4k.
I wouldn't worry about it unless they ask, then get creative with your statement if they do.
Old 10-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^Similar situation for me but all of my MP accounts started as business accounts.

Why don't you switch to business eBay's now since you're already using business bank accounts?
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
kirkland (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
I have never been asked for a bank statement and all of my MP accounts have done over 100k in sales.
I think that they will only ask for a statement if they cannot verify your details, and I'm guessing that they ask for verification well before 4k.
I wouldn't worry about it unless they ask, then get creative with your statement if they do.
Are these personal accounts? Or business accounts
Old 10-18-2021

Activity: 83%
Longevity: 46%

you are confusing different verifications

the standard ID verification usually does not require a bank statement as the bank account is verified through login or micro deposits

the bank statement is required when they send mass emails with restrictions asking for ID and bank statement. they usually need 1-3 months to review and most accounts do not get reinstated incl. those with 100% genuine details
Old 10-18-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Are these personal accounts? Or business accounts
Both.
On my first MP changeover request, I signed up with a business account. They still required my name, SSN and DOB (just like personal accounts) along with EIN, business name, address, etc.
Since then I have been signing up with personal accounts as there is no way to hide behind a business since they still require proprietors personal info.
Now I read that they are only asking for the last 4 of SSN, so maybe something has changed since last year.
Old 10-18-2021

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Now I read that they are only asking for the last 4 of SSN, so maybe something has changed since last year.
Last 4, yes.
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you are confusing different verifications

the standard ID verification usually does not require a bank statement as the bank account is verified through login or micro deposits

the bank statement is required when they send mass emails with restrictions asking for ID and bank statement. they usually need 1-3 months to review and most accounts do not get reinstated incl. those with 100% genuine details
No no, this is something completely different. Not a trust and safety issue. Instead, some members of the forum have reported a need to "re-identify" their credentials.. apparently around 4kish. I myself have just received one.
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

So to update my OP, one of my accounts which is nearing 4k actually received one of these notifications today.

I provided identity information over a month ago, and today they mailed me saying they couldn't verify my details, and to provide photo ID. My payouts are being withheld, while my listing remain up and continue to be able to make sales. As if that's any consolation.

To clarify, these accounts are in stealth details. Should have acted faster to convert them into biz accounts in my name, but I was expecting more time to do so. I'm assuming its too late to change to a biz account and change identify of the original owner? Is creativity my only recourse?

In the meantime, I have paused my other accounts and plan to convert them to stealth in real details before selling any more on them.
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:

In the meantime, I have paused my other accounts and plan to convert them to stealth in real details before selling any more on them.
What will be different about them in the end, versus how they sit now?
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
What will be different about them in the end, versus how they sit now?
Well, over the Summer I signed up using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details. I would look to change them into real details, so that if the account ever requires verification, I can easily pass it.

I would attempt this for the account that's already been flagged, but reading some Aspkin threads, I don't think it'll work. Seems you need to provide docs for the name on the account at the time the account was flagged

Last edited by kirkland; 10-19-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:
No no, this is something completely different. Not a trust and safety issue. Instead, some members of the forum have reported a need to "re-identify" their credentials.. apparently around 4kish. I myself have just received one.
what exactly is the message saying?
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
what exactly is the message saying?
Hi abc,

We couldn't verify the identify information you provided.

More details
But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.

Please update your identify information by xyz to release your held payouts and avoid further restrictions.
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:
Hi abc,

We couldn't verify the identify information you provided.

More details
But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.

Please update your identify information by xyz to release your held payouts and avoid further restrictions.
this is where they could not verify your details and you should send your real ID at this point
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:
Well, over the Summer I signed up using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details. I would look to change them into real details, so that if the account ever requires verification, I can easily pass it.
Gotcha. Would did you do for SSN on the account in question?
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:
just add your real details and you will be good to go , if you start adding stealth you risk being suspended despite sending real ID , lots of people here who were suspended with "half-stealth"
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-19-2021)
Old 10-19-2021

Quote:
just add your real details and you will be good to go , if you start adding stealth you risk being suspended despite sending real ID , lots of people here who were suspended with "half-stealth"

Wasn't asking for advice lol... was asking him what HE did.
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'm already enrolled in MP with stealth details. I'm happy to provide my real details, but after doing more research, it appears this won't change anything. They will still require documentation for the credentials I provided at time of enrollment

If I attempt to change to real details and then submit ID, apparently you get the following message:

Quote:
We appreciate you submitting your government ID, but unfortunately, the name on your identity card does not match the PREVIOUS name on your eBay account. We will need the government ID for ****** *** or a detailed explanation for the name not matching.

To help remove the restriction on your account:

Send a clear image of your driver's license (front *AND* back) or other government issued ID
-- The submitted documents must be current, valid, the entire image, readable, and unaltered
-- The submitted documents must have an expiration date
-- Copies or Scans of ID’s will not be accepted
-- Temporary/Paper ID’s will not be accepted

>>Suggestion: For best results, you should use a cell phone to take a *PHOTO* image

Note: Please do NOT change the name on your account until this matter has been resolved
Or maybe I misunderstood your post?
Old 10-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Actually, I take back my initial comment. Still researching, but it appears once you input stealth details under MP, you better have documentation for those very details. Switching to real deets won't fix a thing as per my above post.

I have some figuring out to do apparently
Old 10-20-2021

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
I've had it on about 6 accounts in the last 2 months some accounts have told £15k MP, some 2k. I don't think there is a set figure
Old 10-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Actually, I take back my initial comment. Still researching, but it appears once you input stealth details under MP, you better have documentation for those very details. Switching to real deets won't fix a thing as per my above post.

I have some figuring out to do apparently
Thought ppl have put real details under MP from the get-go rather than switching
Old 10-20-2021

Longevity: 18%

I'm sure now they are asking for ID if you change any of the details name etc it will just cause an even bigger flag. The best thing to do is get creative with an ID and hope for the best in my opinion