Please help , is it OK for my son to make a new ebay account? Thank you - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-02-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Please help , is it OK for my son to make a new ebay account? Thank you

My son had his Ebay account permanently banned VERY LONG ago , like over 12 years ago and I was wondering , if it will be OK for him to make a new ebay account in early year 2022 , he lives with me in the same house

My ebay account has no problems at all , its in good standings and no problem selling items , but I wonder if it will be OK for my son to make a new ebay account under his name

Since its been over 12 long years ago , will it be safe for my son to make his new account? over 12 years ago , I THINK ONLY paypal asked for your social security number but NOT ebay I THINK . and now we got ebay managed payments , so there is no need to make paypal account anymore , so I hope ebay DOES NOT have my sons social security number on their ban list

So is it OK? for my son to make his new account without using virtual IPs , or any type of stealth or anything like that?

Help would be greatly appreciated , thank you very much
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Please help , is it OK for my son to make a new ebay account? Thank you

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Best for your son to create new account using stealth method - likely SSN is not in the system so could be used for MP - check with your son or better, have him come on this forum
Old 12-02-2021

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Please help , is it OK for my son to make a new ebay account? Thank you

how old is your son?
why is he suspended by Ebay?12years ago,Ebay may not be asking for SSN as PAYPAL take care of 1099K,Ebay also purges old accounts as there are just too many deadweights to save on its data base.
He could open a new Ebay account and give his SSN,are you two sharing the same ISP/device ?being sharing the same physical residential address ,if one is suspended ,the other could as well if EBAY finds the two of you logging into Ebay account on each other device.
Ebay is known to suspend all accounts sharing same address and sharing same device ,if one member of the family is suspended ,it figures the other Ebay accounts all belong to that suspended person

Last edited by agent006140; 12-02-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMJack View Post
My son had his Ebay account permanently banned VERY LONG ago , like over 12 years ago and I was wondering , if it will be OK for him to make a new ebay account in early year 2022 , he lives with me in the same house

My ebay account has no problems at all , its in good standings and no problem selling items , but I wonder if it will be OK for my son to make a new ebay account under his name

Since its been over 12 long years ago , will it be safe for my son to make his new account? over 12 years ago , I THINK ONLY paypal asked for your social security number but NOT ebay I THINK . and now we got ebay managed payments , so there is no need to make paypal account anymore , so I hope ebay DOES NOT have my sons social security number on their ban list

So is it OK? for my son to make his new account without using virtual IPs , or any type of stealth or anything like that?

why does it matter what answer we have? Either you do it or you don't. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't, and you're just back to where you started, nothing actually lost.

Why even bother making a separate account under his name? You can easily just make another account under your name, with zero risk. If your son ****s up for some reason on an account, that has your address and your last name and your IP address, they will take your account down too.
Old 12-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for replies !! I will reply to some comments ,

how do you know the SSN is no longer in ebays system after more than 12 long years ?? where did you get that info? and what does MP stand for? thank you

my son is 41 age , sons house had a fire accident , and alot of inventory and shipping packages got destroyed by fire , and ebay account got suspended. 12 years ago I do not think ebay asks for SSN , but starting year 2022 I believe ebay will be asking for SSN as required by law

Im worried that Ebay STILL has his SSN on the ban list , IF paypal actually transferred the ban list of SSNs to Ebay , MAYBE???

My account never has any problems for many years , my sons lives with me and unfortunately if my sons make new account , alot of things will be shared

about the " either you do it , or you dont " is Im worried if my son makes new account , everyones account in the house could get suspended , just because my sons tried to open a new account

Old 12-20-2021

eBay has a whole new payment processor Ayden. MP stands for managed payments. I’ve been suspended in 2014 for having to owe $5k in fees I never paid. I was successfully able to make 2 accounts with managed payments with my info no problems in 2021.
Old 12-20-2021

No one can guarantee you that Ebay does not have your son's SSN,Paypal would not transfer SSN of any member to Ebay or anyone.
if you son is 41 years old and his house burnt down,is he going to live with you forever?
like the other said,either you find out soon if Ebay has his SSN by opening an account or you open another seller ID under yours and let him list his items for sale on Ebay.
The problem is tax,your 1099K would include his sales proceeds.
Old 12-20-2021

how is he getting his mail now?
he could still use his old address(burnt house),Ebay would not know his house burnt down nor care,