Questions about using address of prev.suspended account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Questions about using address of prev.suspended account

My ex fiancee was suspended from Ebay about a year ago. I have a quick question I would like answered if someone could help me out.... I want to start an Ebay account but am afraid of using the home address. I figure I will get shut down because she is a suspended user associated with this home address...I understand about changing isps, screennames, email adresses, etc. but what is the best way to basically get a new home shipping address or what do you recommend?? Is it safe to use the same address if I want to buy or sell?? Or should I get a UPS mail box just to avoid the headaches I probably will be caused? I am basically wanting to buy some stuff but don't know how to get it here without associating it with the suspended account.... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....Thanks for your time....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

You could just set a new account up at another address and ask the seller to send the items to a different address than that on your Ebay account- they usually don't mind unless its very expensive stuff.
Old 11-07-2009
Threadstarter  

But would you suggest getting say a UPS mailbox so I could also buy and sell? I just don't want to get suspended for the home address. I know you don't really need the real home address to sell but like I said, I intend to do a lot of buying and I know a lot of sellers won't ship to anything but confirmed addresses....
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum
Yes, you can use the mail box. tbh, it is always better to have an address completely away from your residence. It saves the worry of the people of people getting confused about item delivery.

Have a read of the forum and ask more questions
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Why don't you just open an buyer account at your home address? Its not like it would be the end of the world if it got shut down. Worth a try for the little time.
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Here's a couple of threads to help you

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...p-address.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...nt-buying.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...h-account.html
Old 11-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all the links Green Bean. Very informative and I did try to search before asking. So the common consensus is to keep the stealth account seperate from the buyers account. Is a buyers account easy to open? Do they have a way to one time purchase (credit card) thru Paypal without opening an account? I know you have to have a Ebay account to buy but from the horror stories I've heard about Paypal, I want them to have as little information as possible. Basically if I bid and win, can I go on Paypal and make 1 time payments on winning auctions or do I have to go thru all the hoopla of creating an account to just buy also??? Thanks again for your time!!!
Old 11-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Buyers' accounts are OK to open. Most times there is less scrutiny for them. (but it's ebay so there might be problems. Bottom line is how you conduct the account.

To not use paypal is a nice thought. Search your items that you are buying carefully & you should be lucky to find some that don't require paypal. But here's the Catch 22. Say the seller does the wrong thing, then where's your protection? The seller might not like that you have an unverified paypal account so you can't get the item.....Then if you think ahead & upgrade to selling, your paypal account used successfully to buy is in good standing: it is not seen as 'new' by paypal

What I recommend is to think what you want to get from ebay/paypal: if it is buying at this point, then just buy. But if you have a hankering to sell, then start from the getgo, as a happy little ebayer: playing both ebay/paypal as they play us
Old 11-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

OP,

I wouldn't bet a large sum of money on it but I have a hunch that if your name is different that the person whose account was suspended you just might be able to use your same address by devising a variation of it.

For example:

If your suspended address is...

Joe Smith
1234 Main St
Chicago, IL 60622

eBay might allow the registration of...

John Doe
1234 Main St
Suite 1
Chicago, IL 60622

It's probably worth a shot if it's just a buying account. If you plan to do business with it you may want to create back up stealth accounts just in case.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 11-10-2009

Longevity: 90%

Going along with Inverser, what I usually do is just variate the actual address. So if its

Joe Smith
1234 Main St
Chicago, IL 60622

I will usually do

Smith A Joesph
DBA Random Business
1234 Main Street
Chicago...

Make sure it has enough variability and you'll be fine