Ebay noticed real IP while on VPN - NEW BOTS? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-06-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Ebay noticed real IP while on VPN - NEW BOTS?

I have been using EB for some time (years). I have made mistakes on each I learned and resolved. I have a VPN that I also had for a long time. But somehow over the last few days, eBay has been able to notice on one of my accounts access concerns. First it asked me to confirm my account via PIN, simple and done. Then a day later, it said it saw suspensions activity and requested a reset of PWD via TN confirmation, done. After that I got an email saying it saw I was in on a different IP (my real IP).

I checked IP as I always do and it was correct. But I did notice that my Firefox (latest version) WebRTC was set on. So I did reset it back to false.

I typically do not update my firefox as I prefer to just leave it alone as long as there are no issues with EB. But it got updated to v92

My set up is straight forward. 1 Laptop running Windows 7. 2. Each Account with a unique windows log in. 3. Firefox. 4. Unique IP for each. 5. WebRTC false (reconfirmed again), 6. Verify IP (Whatismyipaddress.com) each session and 7. Log into mail first so I only go into EB when needed. 8. I also have canvas detection but i never see EB look.

I try to keep it simple and this is the set up I have used for some time. This has served me well for a long time but with my one account that now has EB security eyes, I wanted to see what the community can offer on what I might be missing.

Thanks for your time and reading
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Re: Ebay noticed real IP while on VPN - NEW BOTS?

Maybe the firefox update triggered the password reset the only thing I can think of. Is your system time in sync? But trust me I always remember getting the password reset right before a suspension. The password reset is like a warning. Just from my experience.
Old 03-07-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay noticed real IP while on VPN - NEW BOTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoulos62 View Post
I have been using EB for some time (years). I have made mistakes on each I learned and resolved. I have a VPN that I also had for a long time. But somehow over the last few days, eBay has been able to notice on one of my accounts access concerns. First it asked me to confirm my account via PIN, simple and done. Then a day later, it said it saw suspensions activity and requested a reset of PWD via TN confirmation, done. After that I got an email saying it saw I was in on a different IP (my real IP).

I checked IP as I always do and it was correct. But I did notice that my Firefox (latest version) WebRTC was set on. So I did reset it back to false.

I typically do not update my firefox as I prefer to just leave it alone as long as there are no issues with EB. But it got updated to v92

My set up is straight forward. 1 Laptop running Windows 7. 2. Each Account with a unique windows log in. 3. Firefox. 4. Unique IP for each. 5. WebRTC false (reconfirmed again), 6. Verify IP (Whatismyipaddress.com) each session and 7. Log into mail first so I only go into EB when needed. 8. I also have canvas detection but i never see EB look.

I try to keep it simple and this is the set up I have used for some time. This has served me well for a long time but with my one account that now has EB security eyes, I wanted to see what the community can offer on what I might be missing.

Thanks for your time and reading
Which VPN did you use?