Creating an eBay account and then waiting before you create a seller account matters - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-11-2022

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 56%
Default Creating an eBay account and then waiting before you create a seller account matters

I didn't take it seriously I thought no way could that possibility matter. However almost every account ive tried to make without waiting has gotton the reactivate account message. Every ebay account I've waited on has never had this issue.

My question is how short is the minimum time you can give it??
The Following User Says Thank You to kronze21 For This Useful Post:
selling4life (04-11-2022)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2022
Speeder33

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Creating an eBay account and then waiting before you create a seller account matt

if something is working for you, why change it?
Old 04-11-2022

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Creating an eBay account and then waiting before you create a seller account matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronze21 View Post
I didn't take it seriously I thought no way could that possibility matter. However almost every account ive tried to make without waiting has gotton the reactivate account message. Every ebay account I've waited on has never had this issue.

My question is how short is the minimum time you can give it??
The bots have become for advanced over the years but, i have waited for 2 weeks before i created a seller account. Of course this was 5 or 6 years ago.

I would have to agree with you 100% on the longer you wait the better chances that you have of survival!

In this world patience is a virtue!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to selling4life For This Useful Post:
kronze21 (04-11-2022), Stealth1738 (04-13-2022)
Old 04-11-2022
Executive [VIP]

You can do some experimenting and try different amounts of time for each. Please feel free to share your experience.
Old 04-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
if something is working for you, why change it?

well what I did was is turn some old buyer accounts I had to seller accounts. That was years. I don't want to wait that long lol
Old 04-11-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

I'd say wait a week or so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
kronze21 (04-11-2022), Stealth1738 (04-13-2022)
Old 04-11-2022

Longevity: 13%

I noticed accounts that wait longer have less chance of reactivate or suspension but it doesn’t guarantee.

Yesterday 2 out of 10 seller accounts got reactivate message and 8 survived. I waited 1 month before listing

Creating account and listing same day is like Russian roulette
Old 04-11-2022
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 19%

After reading this that means I shouldn't make a business account and start selling 1-3 days later but make a personal account then make a seller then turn it into a business account. I really didn't want to make a personal account because all my real info is banned and will probably get suspended before I list. With business accounts at least I have LLC to hide behind.
Old 04-12-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedepartedvertigo View Post
After reading this that means I shouldn't make a business account and start selling 1-3 days later but make a personal account then make a seller then turn it into a business account. I really didn't want to make a personal account because all my real info is banned and will probably get suspended before I list. With business accounts at least I have LLC to hide behind.
There’s nothing wrong with creating a business account from the start. This post is about how long should you wait before listing 1st item. You can still get reactivate on personal or business accounts that doesn’t matter.
Old 04-12-2022

Longevity: 53%

I create them after 1 hour, all good.
Old 04-12-2022

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 41%

Wait a week or two, browse what you intend to sell, may be even buy an item or two via click & collect you have to behave "normal"
Old 04-12-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Wait a week or two, browse what you intend to sell, may be even buy an item or two via click & collect you have to behave "normal"
Playing devils advocate but would a business looking to expand onto ebay brows for a week or two and buy a few bits of tat?

If you create your accounts correctly, and they do indeed look wholly normal and legit, there is no need to wait before you list. I've always listed almost immediately after creation. But I use bulletproof data and can supply any info ebay ask for.

It seems to me those who get suspended or advocate messing about for a month have poor account creation processes, using questionable data, or are selling dodgy wares.

But given this is a stealth forum I guess that's how most here operate.

I simply do not buy into the idea that ebay will give some kind of 'free pass' to an account which has pratted about for a few weeks. IMO it's an old wives tale and not one which will now trick the ever-evolving ebay security measures.

Anyway, whatever works for the creator, I just think there's more important issues to address if you want a solid account than a bit of window shopping.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
sunsets (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022
Banned

Longevity: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Playing devils advocate but would a business looking to expand onto ebay brows for a week or two and buy a few bits of tat?

If you create your accounts correctly, and they do indeed look wholly normal and legit, there is no need to wait before you list. I've always listed almost immediately after creation. But I use bulletproof data and can supply any info ebay ask for.

It seems to me those who get suspended or advocate messing about for a month have poor account creation processes, using questionable data, or are selling dodgy wares.

I simply do not buy into the idea that ebay will give some kind of 'free pass' to an account which has pratted about for a few weeks. IMO it's an old wives tale and not one which will now trick the ever-evolving ebay security measures.

Anyway, whatever works for the creator, I just think there's more important issues to address if you want a solid account than a bit of window shopping.
Exactly my thoughts. If you have the items ready on hand, why wait for weeks or months just to list your items?
ebay even tells you to start listing your items right away after you have created your seller account.
Old 04-12-2022

No, you guys are being too fair and logical when ebay is not, it is a army of bots a rules gone rogue. Innocent or guilty you are in their scope.
How many threads is there about guys opening legit accounts with legit items and getting the hammer indefinitely
The Following User Says Thank You to smallmonkey For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (04-18-2022)
Old 04-12-2022

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

Thats if the person creating the account is indeed a business. Then you're right.

If it's joe bloggs looking to get rid of a few bits but he was previously suspended I wouldn't even bother with ebay you have facebook marketplace now which is very good.
Old 04-17-2022

Longevity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedepartedvertigo View Post
May I ask are you using single LLC or else? How do you set up your MP? Do you need to change VPN or wipe out your computer?
Old 04-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
No, you guys are being too fair and logical when ebay is not, it is a army of bots a rules gone rogue. Innocent or guilty you are in their scope.
How many threads is there about guys opening legit accounts with legit items and getting the hammer indefinitely
True - hence the waiting period feels like a safer move - the period is used by many including myself but it's kind of a toss up these days
Old 06-01-2022

Hi
When opening a business seller eBay account does the ebay home address and ebay bank acc address have to be the same?
The names are the same but addresses are different. Same area town though. Although 20 miles apart.
If this won’t work how / can I change the addresses to match?!
The bank acc is my real add which I’ve been banned on before.
Thanks
Old 06-01-2022

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppoo1 View Post
Hi
When opening a business seller eBay account does the ebay home address and ebay bank acc address have to be the same?
The names are the same but addresses are different. Same area town though. Although 20 miles apart.
If this won’t work how / can I change the addresses to match?!
The bank acc is my real add which I’ve been banned on before.
Thanks
credit check will be run on you , if you use an address not known to financial system you will get asked to upload ID. if you do not correct your details before upload you will be suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
Poppoo1 (06-08-2022)
Old 06-02-2022

Longevity: 53%

Does not really matter if your hardware and IP are great. Waiting 1-2 days is more than enough. Just do not provide real info before your first sale and it will be all cool.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Poppoo1 (06-08-2022), rsot (06-02-2022)
Old 06-07-2022

Ok thanks
So can I change a seller account into a business one ?
Thanks
Old 06-07-2022

And anyone know any eBay Stealth won’t accept a Mastercard for payment?