Why Are Buyers Stingy With Positive Feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 6%
Default Why Are Buyers Stingy With Positive Feedback?

So ive got a stealth running and ive made 40 sales in a month. all dispatched on time and no cases. Yet not a single one has left feedback and when ive kindly asked, Two have rebutted me that im hassling them and threatened me with even Negative.

Im sure that most people on here that do have positive feedback actually dont even have the real amount that should be left

So does anybody actually know what gets into these buyers minds because most see the messages but they just ignore once they get the product.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Why Are Buyers Stingy With Positive Feedback?

Just how it is. I never leave feedback on Amazon but I spend many thousands a year.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 91%
Longevity: 40%

Usually the buyer of eBay United States behaves that way.
They don't like reading messages and even less like leaving feedback.
The same thing happened to me, I sold perfumes and I asked the ladies to post positive feedback and they simply posted negative FB.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

You're probably selling cheap stuff that people can't be bothered leaving feedback for

I'm sure you haven't left feedback for everything you bought

Last edited by sax4; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper1 View Post
So ive got a stealth running and ive made 40 sales in a month. all dispatched on time and no cases. Yet not a single one has left feedback and when ive kindly asked, Two have rebutted me that im hassling them and threatened me with even Negative.

Im sure that most people on here that do have positive feedback actually dont even have the real amount that should be left

So does anybody actually know what gets into these buyers minds because most see the messages but they just ignore once they get the product.
are your product physical? perhaps include a card reminder
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 40%
Longevity: 33%

Because people are too busy trying to make their rent money and food, going through the hassle of leaving tons of feedback probably isn't high on their tasks for the day.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%

You can ask Ebay to generate feedbacks,??

Feedback means little these days,it helps if you are a new seller.

when a customer walks into a brick and mortar retail store and buys an item,who is the one to say thank you?
Not the buyer,it is the seller.

Some buyers find the enclosed note annoying.
If they do leave feedback,it is when they log into their account and just leave feedback on all their purchases,it is easier that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
Ebay do that for us, I've never been a fan of chasing feedback, once you have enough it almost become irrelevant.

That said, I can't see the harm in doing it if you want to.

Do some buyers really leave malicious feedback for merely asking, hadn't crossed my mind that this was a thing. The world we live in...
yes,some do,as they have high expectation they have found a great deal as they are smarter than the seller.

Last edited by TGMT²; 1 Week Ago at 04:13 AM. Reason: merged for post count cheating
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

When it's good people disappear. When it's bad people cry and whine. That's human nature.

Just keep shipping fast and serve them well. Include a thank you note and ask for a feedback.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 1%

This is normal. Some leave feedback as soon as items arrive. Some don’t, depending how busy they are. Some new users don’t know about it. It’s not compulsory.

I sometimes leave it until eBay remind me to leave feedback (when I’m buying)

I would prefer that every buyer leaves feedback upon receipt of items but it’s just how it is. Higher value items seem to get feedback more than cheaper items not not always the case.

Don’t know how much you sell but I’ve had some sellers send me a message upon item dispatch to say …item posted, please leave feedback upon receipt etc. i would not chase for feedback after as some ppl will not like that, as you’ve discovered

Happy Easter!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 32%

I get feedback around 5% of the total sales, if you sold 100 items around 5 people leave feedback.

And if something does not fit, longer delivery time, they leave negative feedback immidiatelly, especially US market.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You can ask Ebay to generate feedbacks,??
can't be done last time i checked
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 5%

You have been VERY unlucky indeed.

In the many accounts I've created I have never made my first 40 sales and not had a single feedback. I too have a follow up message thanking them, checking everything is okay, and asking for feedback. In thousands of sales I have never had a single threatening reply or a malicious neg left. To get two off a mere 40 request is unheard of.

Like I said, your experience is not typical, you've just been incredibly unlucky it seems.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
I get feedback around 5% of the total sales, if you sold 100 items around 5 people leave feedback.

And if something does not fit, longer delivery time, they leave negative feedback immidiatelly, especially US market.
logical - so best not to keep hassling for feedback
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

The percentage of buyers who leave feedback has gone down over the years. I am now getting old. In the early days people had to send money orders or checks for items. The early credit card processing was wonky. It was a lot of trust from both the buyer and seller to ensure the marketplace ran smoothly. Feedback was invaluable in those days.

Today most people don't care. They only leave feedback when they are angry and want to rant about something.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Today most people don't care. They only leave feedback when they are angry and want to rant about something.
Not true, on all my accounts (4 currently) the lowest feedback percentage I have is 99.5%, folk still leave positive feedback to the extent it negates the odd neg. Many sellers in my sector have great feedback too.

As a buyer I also use it to decide which sellers to use, the feedback system still works, highlighting bad sellers and sending me towards good sellers.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post
You have been VERY unlucky indeed.

In the many accounts I've created I have never made my first 40 sales and not had a single feedback. I too have a follow up message thanking them, checking everything is okay, and asking for feedback. In thousands of sales I have never had a single threatening reply or a malicious neg left. To get two off a mere 40 request is unheard of.

Like I said, your experience is not typical, you've just been incredibly unlucky it seems.
Maybe he worded his message badly your template is on point.

Last edited by Delta1; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:39 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
The percentage of buyers who leave feedback has gone down over the years. I am now getting old. In the early days people had to send money orders or checks for items. The early credit card processing was wonky. It was a lot of trust from both the buyer and seller to ensure the marketplace ran smoothly. Feedback was invaluable in those days.

Some even send cash.
Buyers do not have to rely on feedback ,they have Ebay 30 days buyer protection and cc chrageback.
If OP buyer is not leaving feedback,it is probably a low price common item
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 21%

It really matters on what you're selling, some high demand or collectible items gets a lot more feedback left from the buyers compared to something you can get from AliExpress...
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Shipping same day or next usually is surest way to increase chances for feedback. I think it comes down to your customer base as well. I see some sellers on Depop for example who manage a 50% feedback ratio. I personally have about 25% on Depop.

Currently my percentage on eBay is roughly 12%.

Marketplaces where the buyer is also a seller feel more inclined to leave feedback. Customers who use eBay only to buy not to sell probably do not think twice about taking the time.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

In this situation you are very right, I think that after the first 10 FBs the most important thing is the price of the product and the time you offer when sending.
Although it is never bad for your clients to leave you good feedback.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:

Because the UK isn't the UK as it was once before, when people were nice and happy and has a Christian golden mean attitude, even if they had no believe system the environment was positive. Society as changed, people are meaner these days.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

It is also good to try to write to buyers, saying thank you for your purchase. I hope the product sent is to your liking. If so, do not forget to leave us positive feedback.