A few options I've been thinking about for the forum... Make it secret? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

I don't think there is any possible way to keep ebay out of the picture. If an ebook was on sale, they would buy it. If the forum required a higer subscription, they would buy it.

The thing is when people have been suspended from eBay, they have little money, and probably wouldn't be keen on forking out a lot for a subscription.

Apskin, are you really make a loss even with the current subscriptions?? I thought ran many websites, surely this forum doesn't put a huge strain on the server?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Personally, I think if someone had to pay say $99 to get in --this would "weed out" the undesirables, and the ones left would be the Serious Sellers..
--Start a Reserve acct--maybe a $50 Deposit, each "Post" for info costs you 50 cents..
>> How LONG till it weeds out the ⊗⊗⊗⊗??
Just my OPinion..

BTW- Whether it be Chris Hanson, or Whomever, how long till they run out of NOn-Refundable $99 Fees??
I think ebay could come up with $99 for info on how some of you get by their T&S monkeys.
Old 05-13-2008

I like Exeneva's idea. The admins could interview them before allowing permission to view restricted topics.

Since this ebay suspension forum is the one with the most traffic and members, I'm sure ebay has already lurked here before. They probably use this as a measure to see how their new policy/restrictions work.
Old 05-13-2008
Banned

I agree completely.

Last edited by Modee; 05-14-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Cmon ebay is not creating new policy to circumvent the workarounds in this forum. What ebay has been doing is a continued effort to rid their site of small sellers. It's all part of their plan.
Old 05-13-2008

I think you should do what you think is best. i also believe that paying for a subscription to a certain part is fine or really what ever you decide. Plus, if you need to make adjustments... then do so. i for one have learned many things here... things to use even beyond ebay.
I have also had a great idea , implemented it and then had to make changes. Seems like many things evolve and we adjust.
Thank you.
Old 05-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
Cmon ebay is not creating new policy to circumvent the workarounds in this forum. What ebay has been doing is a continued effort to rid their site of small sellers. It's all part of their plan.
The way eBay's policies have changed have indeed made the eBay experience aggravating for us small scale sellers... but, in my opinion, I don't see how this can be their plan.

All sellers, big or small, will start off as a "small seller" with 0 feedback, and no listings up. As far as my knowledge, the companies and high volume sellers don't register with ebay any different than the rest of us, besides registering as a business and entering business #'s, etc. Otherwise, they would automatically be powersellers the minute they register?

And I was registered as a business, with a registered business #, and still got suspended. Boo for me :(

But anyhoo, back to topic, being a newb here I am very glad I found this forum. I think there is a lot of useful info here that people would and should be willing to pay for. But I admit, I wouldn't have bought the Stealth Book if I didn't see anything of substance in the public forums. So in my opinion, some posts being public is a must. In fact, I was a lurker for quite awhile after finding this forum, and didn't even register until recently! I figured it was about time to contribute to the threads.

But I agree that as well as paying for the "Good stuff ", there needs to be some sort of screening process or monitoring of paid subscribers or something. Because I'm very sure that eBay would be willing to fund the expense to subscribe to this forum. They have deep pockets, so I'm sure a subscription fee wouldn't phase them since the expense would be for researching how we beat their (stupid) system

I myself haven't subscribed because I purchased the ebook, and will be happy with it as long as it works for me. Also, because the info I really need is already available in the public forums. And I consider myself pretty savvy, so I think I can figure out a lot on my own. When I can't find the answers, then I'll subscribe.

If knowing this makes it sound like the forums should all be private, remember: I for one wouldn't have stuck around this site or even purchased the ebook if I wasn't able to learn or see anything useful in the public forums.