Att: eBAY SELLERS: (eBay to make POS feedback to buyers) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Att: eBAY SELLERS: (eBay to make POS feedback to buyers)

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM

PLEASE COPY & PASTE THIS INTO OTHER FORUMS BEFORE IT IS DELETED FROM THIS ONE

Has anyone left feedback lately and been ask to take the short survey? I took the survey but took the route as if I had gotten bad or undeserved/unfair feedback. They questionnaire was asking questions like "Would you like eBay to automatically leave positive feedback to quick paying buyers"

They are now toying with the idea of automatically applying positive feedback to a buyer that pays for a transaction quickly. This would leave sellers out of the equation and unable to respond to (say: a NEG from a newbie for not getting a rapid response to an eMail sent to the buyer on a Saturday night) . We all know that newbies are quick to respond with a NEG for just about any reason.

eBay is about to revoke our right, as a seller to leave "appropriate" feedback for a given transaction. Or NOT leave a feedback for a transaction.

This will give the buyers a free NEG snipper shot at buyers.

Feedback is supposed to be an option.

To see this go to the following link:
eBay Survey

-Pretend you are the buyer

-(select) "I did not leave detailed seller ratings."

*Next page*

-(select) "I have received both retaliatory and unfair negatives/neutrals from my trading partner"

*Next Page*

-(select) "I do not leave Feedback as often."

*Next Page*

-(select) "Very important"

*ON the Next Page you have these options*

-"I want sellers to leave me Feedback rating and comments as they do today."

-"When I have quickly paid for my item, sellers can only leave me positive Feedback."

-"When I have quickly paid for my items, eBay will automatically leave me positive Feedback."
============================================

What do you think the reasoning is for this survey? To remove the sellers option to leave NEGs for a buyer just because they paid for a transaction? Thats what appears to be in the minds them from the looks of this survey.

As sellers I say we BAND TOGETHER. Please follow up with ideas. Please spread the link above as it will be changed on eBay soon due to someone posting it in the eBay forums. They were kicked from all the eBay forums for this posting.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2007

This would be completely unfair!

How many times do you get --

I sent a money order yesterday .. where is my item??

or this classic ...

Shipping was too expensive!

(although the shipping price is IN the auction and cheaper than other sellers with the same product line!! )

Or ...

Seller won't answer my emails!

(although it's their email that isn't working!! )

This would be awful for the sellers and leave an open invitation for the newbies to be .. well .. NEWBIES!

Thanks for the heads up on this issue !
Old 11-17-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM

PLEASE COPY & PASTE THIS INTO OTHER FORUMS BEFORE IT IS DELETED FROM THIS ONE

Has anyone left feedback lately and been ask to take the short survey? I took the survey but took the route as if I had gotten bad or undeserved/unfair feedback. They questionnaire was asking questions like "Would you like eBay to automatically leave positive feedback to quick paying buyers"

:

Well in all actuality you are suppose to leave positive feedback for the customer asap after they pay quick. They held up their end of bargain.
Old 11-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Well in all actuality you are suppose to leave positive feedback for the customer asap after they pay quick. They held up their end of bargain.
WHAT? Are you serious my friend? Do yo work for eBay? From where did you get this quote?

Actually, feedback is not a requirement at all. Instead it is completely voluntary. But they are trying to make it mandatory for sellers.

There is no reason to give the newbie buyer a free snipper shot (free NEG) at you. Feedback should only be left after you know for a fact, that the buyer is completely happy. One way for them to let you know they are happy is for them to leave you (the seller) POS feedback. Other than that, the sellers feedback option should be reserved and forgotten about.
Does anyone disagree with that statement?

Also, it pizzes me off a little that the "now considered communist," eBay world would not allow for free speech in there forums.
Old 11-17-2007

Longevity: 98%

Then the customer does a reversal on the funds, used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ payment, or tricked your checkout into only paying $1 when it was $20 due.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2007

ebay has always banned people for criticizing ebay in their forums. It's been discussed since about when paypalsucks.com forums began.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2007

HI- how about this one? buyer (who I now know is a previous pain in the butt)-- buys under a different user id, gets a $135 product. pays via paypal. I receive a ups envelope, looks like documents, but it is empty.. so i pitched it. a week later, a chargeback from paypla for the $135- buyer has PROOF of tracking back to me. GUESS HOW? that empty envelope. now buyer has his money back, + my product.. Very slick. BADTHING-- I already left that buyer a positive...
Old 11-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI- how about this one? buyer (who I now know is a previous pain in the butt)-- buys under a different user id, gets a $135 product. pays via paypal. I receive a ups envelope, looks like documents, but it is empty.. so i pitched it. a week later, a chargeback from paypla for the $135- buyer has PROOF of tracking back to me. GUESS HOW? that empty envelope. now buyer has his money back, + my product.. Very slick. BADTHING-- I already left that buyer a positive...
This story is a little hard to follow because it seems that the words "buyer" and "seller" are confused.

I'm assuming you received the empty package.
You left a POS feedback before you were completely satisfied... That was your fault that you had no NEG to give him. That can only be marked down as an expensive experience my friend. We all have stories like that on our lives at one time or another. The package could have been lifted during shipment.
Old 11-17-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

How does ebay even know if the buyer paid???

ONE Way?- Tracking through the paypal linkage. If so, then this is another HUGE REASON TO NOT USE PAYPAL.

OTHER WAY: Buyer simply marking in my ebay "marked as paid" for the item? DUBIOUS since you can mark any item you want as paid.

Either way, TERRIBLE idea since almost all forms of payment can have a problem in the form of reversals/bounced checks/chargebacks/ and stopped payment upon after the fact.

And obviously Sellers need that wild card of the threat of retaliatory negative feedback to deter some of the obnoxious a-holes from smearing a seller account with a silly negative.

Feedback is NOT a fair playing field. Negatives can damage a seller's income unnecessarily. Potential customers might be scared off for no reason.

Seller's can't block buyers for having negative feedback, only for a net score of -2. And how many of us have time to check the feedback of every bidder while they are bidding???
Old 11-18-2007

Longevity: 96%

eBay ROCKS
Old 11-18-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Then the customer does a reversal on the funds, used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ payment, or tricked your checkout into only paying $1 when it was $20 due.

Buyers need a retalitory neg from seller to keep them honest.
If the buyer is a newbie they can care less about the neg..

And how to buyers trick your checkout??
Old 11-18-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
All you have to do is tell paypal to track the weight or the postage cost. After they see the weight was near 0 pounds they will see the scam
Old 11-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

chris,
dont that did SO that paypal dont care as long as they have tracking info...sorry bud thats how the ball rolls...you can still scam on paypal really easy and paypal well protets themselvs also. Recently someone used paypal and scammed folks off about 5k worth of stuff of forums if your interested I can get the forums for you. So what happened was that the buyers then complain to paypal and guess what check this new one out in paypals response: WE ARE FRAUDED BY THE SELLER SO WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU YOU BEING THE VICTIM (BUYER) WE ARE ALSO THE VICTIM IN THIS CASE
Old 11-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Default eBay to begin posting AUTOMATIC POSITIVE feedback to buyers who pay fast

:(

ATTENTION:
It appears that eBay is toying with the idea of posting AUTOMATIC POSITIVE feedback to buyers who pay fast... (or) not letting the seller post anything to the buyer BUT A POSITIVE if the buyer pays "fast".

This goes against everything that eBay has taught us.

This information can be gathered from any open minded individual who takes this survey: eBay Survey

This survey is being made available to individuals after they leave a feedback. I would not care to bet that this link will be taken down shortly.

Please read the FIRST post of this thread for instructions to understand why this survey is geared toward the buyers and not the Sellers.

They also have the following META TAGS
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOARCHIVE">

Folks this is a big deal!

Please pass this information to other forums and buddies.

:(
Old 12-15-2007

The emphasis on Ebay over the years has turned into just a Feedback driven arena, whereas at Amazon.com, they can leave feedback, but not as much emphasis on it,
I think the new scoring, with the 4 categories is unfair, as some buyers play games--i.e. leave you a pos to your face, then leave you all 1's under the new score board, which drags down your overall "customer satisfaction experience" as ebay calls it...
I "used to" neer have time to leave fb- it was all automated at the PS portal, but wen the new regs came out- you've now gotta pay more attn..
Old 12-19-2007

Longevity: 94%

As a seller I leave feedback when the transaction is complete. My feedback relates to not just how fast payment was, but also to how the buyer communicates and handles the entire transaction (especially if something goes wrong). Therefore, to leave positive feedback as soon as the buyer has paid means Im leaving out important info about how the buyer handles a transaction.
Old 12-19-2007
Banned

^^ I dis agree. I feel a seller should leave feedback right after the buyer pays.

When you go to Walmart or whatever, when you buy a product or item and pay , the cashier says thank you for your business and come back again after you pay. They dont say thank you 1 month or 2 months down the road, no, they say it right after you pay, regardless of if you might have a problem with the product down the road
Old 12-19-2007

WOW- CHris- You're BRAVE.. I started out doing that- BUT, the BUYERS changed my mind completely.. But, maybe your product line is a sealed packaged of something never that can be disputed??
Nope- I cant do it.. Too many have stiffed me after I left pos. upgraded their shipping for free, bent over backwards.. If this goes through- then wheres the negotiation for fb withdrawl?
Old 12-19-2007
Banned

The thing is , most buyers dont care about their feedback anyway. What do they have to lose?? And the average buyer probably only have about 10 feedback. So they could care less if they get a neg
Old 12-19-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Good then.. they shouldn't care whether or not you give them a positive either.. :D
Old 12-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
^^ I dis agree. I feel a seller should leave feedback right after the buyer pays.

Why don't you just give the buyer a positive before they even pay?

Most negs come from non paying bidders.
Old 12-21-2007
Banned

I tell them the transaction is not complete until I make sure they are fully satisfied, indicated by them leaving me feedback.