PLEASE HELP DHL PACKAGE SEIZED, NOW THE RMCP Called ME - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default PLEASE HELP DHL PACKAGE SEIZED, NOW THE RMCP Called ME

Hello,
I had a package sent to my real adress with a false name (Not my real name). The package was sent through DHL, and was seized by the canadian costums yesterday.

The package contains 10 units of software coming from china.

This morning I got a message into my answering machine from the The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RMCP) asking to talk to XXXX (The name on the package), then asked to get called back. The RMCP agent said that this is nothing major, but he needs to talk to Mr XXXX .

I didn't called back, and now I don't know what to do, and I a in a TOTAL PANIC.

What should I say? That I don't know this person they're looking for, and the package isn't mine? Or just say that I am the person who imported this BS but I didn't know they are not real?

Please help me with any advice if someone had a similar experience before
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2010
Threadstarter  

I just called the RCMP agent, he said that he'll need to destroy the content of the package and will send me a document where I will sign attesting that I will not import such crap anymore more in the future, and that's it that's all. The agent was very sympathic and so helpful and understanding.

It may be too lat to tell this, but I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER deal in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items anymore, there is too many troubles with this regardless of the good incomes you can make, money will be useless if you'll get introuble with justice and loose every thing you built since years before.

So my advice to everyone, STOP,or NEVER start selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, you may be lucky and run with it for ever, but it depends on only ONCE, and that's enough to get in a real troubles.

I think that I ill quit the forum for a while, and see what I'll have to do in the furture, search for other legal stuff to sell on ebay legally.

I have to say how much I appreciated every moment I was in this forum, and also my apologize to GreenBenn who I know was very despointed from me, but I really had reasons to explain what happened between us.

Good luck for every one and again, Many thanks for every one in the aspkin forum.

Suza
Old 05-14-2010

are you the one that got a letter from MS and were worried? and after you got a letter of only selling "2" items..you still order more? really? you should of known when to stop to be honest
Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ok, dont sign anything, you shouldnt have even called and acknowledged that you know anything. say it must be a mistaken order or address if anyone asks you about it.

selling legally is what alot of forumers do, (stop laughing readers) so no need to leave due to that..alot of problems here relate to general selling..

as for gb, knowing her as I do, she will accept your apology Im sure.. unless you dissed Liverpool FC...in which case, you are gonna need a head start to run away..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-14-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2010

Longevity: 84%

They shouldn't of had your your phone # to begin with, I made that mistake once but it was my first time, you need to have it shipped to different name and address no need to call or sign any papers, they just want your signature in case they ever need to take you to court but if you go into stealth mode then that shouldn't be a problem because you are no longer you anymore.
Old 06-01-2010

Longevity: 82%

But you also need real ID to open PO BOX, right?

If you use an unreal name, how can you pick up at USPS POBOX or other mailboxs, since they check IDs.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
They shouldn't of had your your phone # to begin with, I made that mistake once but it was my first time, you need to have it shipped to different name and address no need to call or sign any papers, they just want your signature in case they ever need to take you to court but if you go into stealth mode then that shouldn't be a problem because you are no longer you anymore.
Old 06-01-2010

Longevity: 84%

You need a business mailbox, it's in the yellow pages not at the post office.
Old 06-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, do not admit to importing the items, let them Destroy them, do not use the same address again, use the fact that the order has a different name on it than yours to YOUR Advantage, and most important DO NOT PANIC!!