I found an old account - help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default I found an old account - help

I found an account from September 13, 2007. It's not a sellers account. I'm wondering what kind of power does these accounts hold? I've been getting limited left and right by paypal....obviously I want to avoid them as much as possible...

I'm just wondering what can I do with a 2007 ebay account that wasnt registered for selling.

I want to sell...but I don't want to make any mistakes...I want to be safe. Can someone tell me what the benefits of these older accounts are?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default wow nice old account

well I am not sure about these 07 accounts but I can tell you for sure that you should read the stealth guide and do it right this time!!!!

you need to change your IP for sure and possible other settings. I really suggest reading and do it right this time with this nice old account. Unless you logged already into it with the old IP where you got limited before!
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Start slow and mature the account. It could potentially become a goldmine if you have patience.
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

I plan on listing 1 or 2 items per week for a while. It was created with stealth info. The phone number on the account is not active so I need to change it...but how long should I wait before I change those details.

When I found it I was overly excited. I was going to list 10 items tonight but thankfully I thought better of that.

Which payment processor should I use for this? I was thinking about ccnow. But will they share any info with ebay because the names won't match.
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo216 View Post
I'm wondering what kind of power does these accounts hold?
None. Its the same as all your other accounts and will go down for any of the same reasons I'm afraid.

You can add a merchant account to an old account. But other then that its just older, that's all
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
None. Its the same as all your other accounts and will go down for any of the same reasons I'm afraid.

You can add a merchant account to an old account. But other then that its just older, that's all

I thought one of the major benefits was that an older account doesn't need to have paypal attached to it to sell.

That's basically what I need. If this is true, then what is my best option as far as a payment processor?
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

What's wrong with using PayPal? I have started up 5 Ebay and Paypal accounts in the last 6 months and everything is running smooth. Use the same stealth info for Ebay for Paypal and make sure the IP address is fresh. Invest in the Stealth Book for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRIALnERROR For This Useful Post:
DAILYHUNDRED (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default payments

well I think when you list they will ask you how you would like to pay your fees and you either add a pp account or a CC. you can not add a merchant account for this. you can TRY and sent invoices after you sold to the buyers over a merchant account but that doesn't mean that they are going to pay this way. thats what I think anyway but I am not sure what the options are in the USA
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Best I can tell from what I've seen on the board here: Merchant account only [no paypal] is a death spiral in sales. Tons wont finish sales. And some may get down right pissy when they find out no paypal. [brainwashed]

I think I remember seeing one seller say he lost 80% of sales when they dropped PayPal

It can buy you some time while you get other accounts up and running. But as far as I can tell its just not a permanent solution

BTW, TRIALnERROR, your avatar is creeping me right out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
luna (09-29-2010), romeo216 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Best I can tell from what I've seen on the board here: Merchant account only [no paypal] is a death spiral in sales. Tons wont finish sales. And some may get down right pissy when they find out no paypal. [brainwashed]

I think I remember seeing one seller say he lost 80% of sales when they dropped PayPal

It can buy you some time while you get other accounts up and running. But as far as I can tell its just not a permanent solution

If this is the case then there's no real advantage in having an older account. I see threads here where 07 accounts are selling for a nice piece of change...it has to be some kinda value in them.

I'll keep searching but thanks..
Old 09-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:

BAHAAHA,
Got it from the Aspkin Avatar vault...what sold me was the description:
HAPPY, YAY, YAY WOOT....
Something along those lines. Was appropriate for the way I'm feeling now that this forum and Stealth got my many accounts up and running smooth again!
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

I think there was honest optimism that it was a good way to skip by paypal, but just doesn't pan out for some sellers. But I'm just going off people saying they had no luck. There can certainly be tons that dont say anything having great success. So please dont just take my third hand comments on it. You've got the account so its worth investigating
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

If someone else has experience with an pre 07 account, please advise me.