Problem with ebay SNAD return case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Problem with ebay SNAD return case

Hey. I bought an item on ebay and received the wrong item. I filed a SNAD case, and was told to return the item within 10 days. I was given a prepaid label to use as well. I printed the label, and dropped of the return item at my post office within 10 days. Now a week ago, I look and see that I lost my SNAD case. At that time, the item was still in transit, so I filed an appeal, expecting the case to be decided in my favor once it was confirmed as delivered. Now, I've been told I lost my appeal, because (although the item is confirmed delivered), I did not send it back within the 10 days I was told.

This is not true. The post office accepted the package from me within the 10 day timeframe, but it was never scanned upon acceptance. The tracking shows it's first scan to be 4 days outside of the 10 day limit, but shows this as "processed through sort facility", and in a different city. When ebay denied my appeal, they stated the date shown on that scan, and said thats when the package was accepted. From what I've read online, USPS sort facilities aren't even normal post offices, so it should be obvious that that's not where it was accepted.

How should I proceed? This was a $200 item, which is expensive for me, so I really don't want to simply accept this (especially now that I don't even have the item I was sent in my possession). It seems like they're just looking at the online tracking info, and going by that, but it doesn't actually prove anything either way regarding "acceptance", only delivery. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I hate to say it, but if you didn't pay with a credit card there's not much you can do... Did you?

I would call pp and explain that to them again, but I honestly don't think you're going to win.
Old 01-15-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Just wondering, did you contact the seller and ask them to refund you before you opening the SNAD? Or did you just : "Oh, I got the wrong item" , "I'm opening dispute right now"
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
lakeman (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If you got a pre-paid label, why did you need to print it? (My returns already have the label made up.)
2ndly, if the item is that much value, wtheck would you just hand it to the Post Office and not get paper work as proof of your trying to fulful a contract with a seller to ensure your refund.
3rdly, what item on ebay is WORTH $200 of your own money. I hear too often about we stealth users getting burned.
If a user sells AND buys, then they must cover themselves from go to whoah or get burned.
Old 01-15-2011
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure how else I was supposed to use the label. Ebay said to print it, attach it to the packed item, and return it that way. I just gave it to the post office cashier, because she said (and the message I received from ebay), said that was all I had to do. I don't have any prior experience with pre paid labels, so I didn't know I needed to (or could) do any more than I was told. Plus, the message from ebay said that the tracking info from the label was already entered into the system by them (unfortunately it only shows the date the label was made, not when the package was accepted).

I did not use a credit card. I used paypal balance to pay =( The seller and I had already gone back and forth about the item through ebay messaging before I even filed the claim.

I've just never been in a situation as a buyer, where I did exactly as I was told every step of the way, and seem to still get burned. It's happened to me as a seller, but not a buyer. I just don't understand how they can say I didn't send the item back in time, when there is no proof that I didn't (or unfortunately proof that I did).
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

So return label supplied had tracking? But the problem is they see it on its way back at 14 days? Am I reading that right? Not sure why it would be so long from label print to next scan....

You used PP balance so you are done on this one, sorry

If seller is cool can he at least send it to you since you own it now? What is it and what is wrong with it? Its yours now so maybe you can recoup something
Old 01-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
So return label supplied had tracking? But the problem is they see it on its way back at 14 days? Am I reading that right? Not sure why it would be so long from label print to next scan....
Yes, the label ebay supplied me with had tracking. The issue, is that the post office didn't scan it when they accepted it. The first scan it received, was when it past through the 1st sort facility, and that scan happened after the 10 day time limit. Ebay is taking the date of that scan, and saying that's when I shipped it. I emailed them explaining how that doesn't make sense, since the sort facility isn't in my city, and as far as I know "sort facilities" don't accept mail from customers. They have yet to respond. Also, that scan clearly states that it is the date of "processing," and not "acceptance". Again, they have not responded, so I don't know what they will say.