Buyer claims she didn't get my package so now I owe ebay. Should I pay up? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Buyer claims she didn't get my package so now I owe ebay. Should I pay up?

I don't use ebay very often to sell items and when I do I never have problems. So, I don't use a stealth account and I don't ship with DC# (I didn't know we were suppose to). Last month, I sold an item for $30 and shipped w/o DC#. The seller claims she never got it (somehow I felt like she was trying to get the item for free). I know it was my mistake for not shipping with DC but I have a shipping receipt. So, ebay refunded her and now I owe the money. I refused to pay because I did send the item, and now my acct is suspended. ebay is threatening to take me to collections. Should I pay? I used a false address and false phone number, gave my real first name and last initial. Closed my paypal after this happened but not my bank account. Will collections find me and hurt my credit? What should I do? It annoys me off that I owe the money back for something I did send and I strongly felt the buyer is lying about not receiving the item though I don't have proof of delivery.

TIA
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I know what you mean and how you feel in this matter. You are lucky it's only $30 item.
It's a cheap lesson to learn from.

How long has it been since you shipped the item and the buyer emailed you claiming non-receipt? Did you check her feedback score? What you can also do is call her up and talk to her on the phone.

I won't tell you what to do in this matter, however, I think that your choices are either you pay eB back or you ignore them.

Again, this is a really cheap lesson to learn from for not just eB but your future sales anywhere.
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlake1231 View Post
I don't use ebay very often to sell items and when I do I never have problems. So, I don't use a stealth account and I don't ship with DC# (I didn't know we were suppose to). Last month, I sold an item for $30 and shipped w/o DC#. The seller claims she never got it (somehow I felt like she was trying to get the item for free). I know it was my mistake for not shipping with DC but I have a shipping receipt. So, ebay refunded her and now I owe the money. I refused to pay because I did send the item, and now my acct is suspended. ebay is threatening to take me to collections. Should I pay? I used a false address and false phone number, gave my real first name and last initial. Closed my paypal after this happened but not my bank account. Will collections find me and hurt my credit? What should I do? It annoys me off that I owe the money back for something I did send and I strongly felt the buyer is lying about not receiving the item though I don't have proof of delivery.

TIA
Contradictions there. What is stealth if it is not a real name/address.

Is the bank going to broken for $30.00? It's rotten luck for you that's for sure.
I'd be inclined to pay it, get ebay off your back. Karma will get that buyer
Old 01-15-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlake1231 View Post
I sold an item for $30 and shipped w/o DC# What should I do?
Not sure what a DC# is? I have to believe you you mean "Tracking Number"?

What should I do? Just pay it and try to get your account restored.

That small amount is not worth the worry and hassle. Just call it a "Cheap Lesson Learned"

AND Welcome to the FORUM! :D
Old 01-15-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%

TGMT: He meant Delivery Confirmation Number