Possible Scam from buyer - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
I hope you copied the S/N of the phone. Some of these scammers will take your phone, and pull a switcharoo, and send back another, perhaps phoney item in its place.

When I sold ipods/itouch, I always wrote on the packing slip the serial number so they knew I had a record of it, I also sent the serial number in the tracking email i sent, plus I would take a picture of the item with the serial number clearly showing, and send that along too. They would then think twice about pulling something. Never had a problem.
I create seal sticker, I won't refund if I receive the seal broken

Like this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motorfinger For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-19-2011), tsneds (04-18-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2011

Longevity: 81%

If your auction states no re turns and your auction is a detailed description of the product.

Then you should not pay for his inexperienced knowledge.
If he doesnt know how to use an I-Phone why the hell would you buy it.

Seems to me like he just decided to back out and is finding an excuse to use against you
Old 02-19-2011

or he will keep the phone, send you an empty box as the return, paypal will refund him, he has a free phone, and buyer lives happily ever after.
The Following User Says Thank You to buzzmart For This Useful Post:
siccspitz (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmart View Post
or he will keep the phone, send you an empty box as the return, paypal will refund him, he has a free phone, and buyer lives happily ever after.
Ouch i never knew people do that LOL
BEWARE!!!
Old 02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccspitz View Post
Ouch i never knew people do that LOL
BEWARE!!!
(sarcasm noted) Unfortunately, they do. Many sellers on these boards and others can tell you first hand.
Old 02-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, I have not heard from the guy in a week and I have 9 days until they release the hold on my money. (fingers crossed)
Old 02-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Well that may be good news, the release of the of the Hold on the Money is one thing,,,,the ability for the Buyer to file a "not as Described" dispute with Paypal is another,,,That I Believe is 45 Days and I Know that Paypal allows buyers an extra "Grace Period" to that 45 days Simply by asking,

I do not know how much Grace period time they allow but I know they do,,it happened to me a Few years ago,,,,so you still have a Bit of time before you are truly done with this sale.

The ONLY True Advice I can offer is to Document as much as possible especially all the Tracking information

Good luck Slapped
Old 02-20-2011

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordt78 View Post
SOrry that happened to you. That sucks. SOme people are just a pain to deal with. Question, was his payment cleared after he sent back the item? That is if you were using paypal.
See he won it and paid for it and the payment cleared. He then contacting me demanding a refund. He filed a claim with paypal, and I emailed him and told him to mail it back in the same condition, with ALL the accessories and I would issue him a refund. I got this ratted box back a week later, with my item destroyed, with no accessories, and missing parts. He didn't get a tracking number for the return he just mailed it back. So I am going to claim I never got it, I hope he loses his money.
Old 02-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
See he won it and paid for it and the payment cleared. He then contacting me demanding a refund. He filed a claim with paypal, and I emailed him and told him to mail it back in the same condition, with ALL the accessories and I would issue him a refund. I got this ratted box back a week later, with my item destroyed, with no accessories, and missing parts. He didn't get a tracking number for the return he just mailed it back. So I am going to claim I never got it, and stick it up his ass. He is a scam artist douchebag I hope he loses his money.
If that is truly the case Paypal will Normally rule in your Favor,,If the Buyer Cannot Prove that you recieved the Item Back Paypal normally will not refund the buyer, unless there is something else you forgot to mention
Old 02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If that is truly the case Paypal will Normally rule in your Favor,,If the Buyer Cannot Prove that you recieved the Item Back Paypal normally will not refund the buyer, unless there is something else you forgot to mention
slapped I might be in the same position as you. The good thing is he sent it back with no tracking. Wait to near the grace time and claim you never got it. Hopefully eBay will be in favour of you. If not, cancel all your credit cards associated on ebay and paypal, and open a new account. Do not allow ebay and the Nigerian to rob you.
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Well that may be good news, the release of the of the Hold on the Money is one thing,,,,the ability for the Buyer to file a "not as Described" dispute with Paypal is another,,,That I Believe is 45 Days and I Know that Paypal allows buyers an extra "Grace Period" to that 45 days Simply by asking,

I do not know how much Grace period time they allow but I know they do,,it happened to me a Few years ago,,,,so you still have a Bit of time before you are truly done with this sale.

The ONLY True Advice I can offer is to Document as much as possible especially all the Tracking information

Good luck Slapped
As a follow-up to this statement, I wanted to add that buyer chargebacks can happen up to 6 months after the purchase is made, if the buyer pays with a credit card. If a buyer pays with a credit card they are protected by the CC's bylaws and guarantees etc etc, much like insurance.

Several years ago I had a buyer open a dispute on an item they won 5 months before.

It should also be noted that if this happens, the credit card charges PP an "investigation fee" of about $100, and this charge is passed on to you the seller. In this case I never got the item back, I was out the cost of shipping, and PP charged me a total of $150 ($100 CC investigation fee & a $50 PP chargeback fee). This was several years ago, so the prices and policies may have changed, but if they did then I doubt it'd be in our favor.

This is the reason behind the 180 day hold on your money when PP freezes your account. It is the CC industry standard to offer guarantees on items for up to 6 months after they are purchased. AMEX is longer, I think a year.
Old 02-23-2011

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Thats what I'm hoping for. I could care less about feedback at this point, it seems as though nowadays negative feedback is the norm. People expect it. Just don't get enough to get limited and stuff
Old 03-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Well...my hold has been released.