fraud 755$ and negative feedback by scam artist buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Old 04-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Angry fraud 755$ and negative feedback by scam artist buyer

She was very nice at the beginning, so I sold the jacket to her for 700 usd and shipping for 55 usd, (Original Price is 755 usd, + 178 usd shipping for xpresspost) the jacket was 2.46 kg and I paid 76.81 dollar for shipping, (I helped her out because she only paid 55 usd for shipping) I sent it by surface, it was the only way to have a tracking number for the cheapest price .
The Tracking Numbers: CC161558232CA
After I told her it will take 6 weeks to ship to her, she was so mad, and she said she never received a package that took 6 weeks, she said she will open the disputes on paypal, but if I refund her all the money, she will pay me second time when she receives it. I REFUNDED HER MONEY before April.
I find out that canadapost shows that on APRIL 17th she received the jacket, AFTER THAT SHE NEVER RESPONDS. TODAY, I GET A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !!!!???
I don't know what can I do to this scam artist!!!!!!

sellers beware.She ask me send by surface, so she can get more time to threading filed paypal dispute .promise pay when she has received it, she gave me a negative feedback to make it free in her head that she deserves it for free!!!! what a scam artist, NEVER PAID !!!!!!

Last edited by hardworker; 04-24-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: TMI
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Something seems fishy here. Shipping does not cost $76 from Canada to USA for a 2.4 kg package. I ship all the time and I know my prices. It look like you are from china assessed on your poor grammer.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010
Threadstarter  

I shipped from canada to france
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

she may be a scam artist, but you were unwise to refund the money

I checked that tracking and its delivered in france 14/4 and post 6/3 - so just recent.....it took 5 weeks approximately....

at very least, you should have contacted shipper and had it rerouted back to you, before any refund, and if that failed, I would have taken my chances with paypal, you could after all provide a tracking number..it would depend though on what you put as delivery method on auction and how long that would take in paypals eyes, as to how long paypal gave you to get it to her...

have you gone back to paypal with delivery proof? they will probably ignore you or act like you shipped it too late to her, once a dispute is closed it is unlikely to be re-opened but it would be interesting to know their opinion on it..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Something seems fishy here. Shipping does not cost $76 from Canada to USA for a 2.4 kg package. I ship all the time and I know my prices. It look like you are from china assessed on your poor grammer.
ahaha, she thanked you for that insult...is that kelsey grammer or grammar...
I think she is french Canadian possibly....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-24-2010 at 03:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Never mind...sorry for that comment. CANADAPOST is the worst service to use when shipping internationally. I would use another service such as Fedex, DHL or UPS when sending internationally. You can't do anything now since you already refunded her money. If you refunded via credit card then you might still have a chance. I would call paypal and tell them about this situation but I don't think they will help you much. The best thing you can do is keep harassing the buyer by calling the customer or you can get her account suspended by using black hat methods..

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010

Send a message via AIM to Stream

Tell the buyer that you have all there info and that if they don't pay in the next 10 or so days that you will take her to court with all the prof you have against them, Also keep every thing you have. Like the emails etc...

Next time never give any type of refund until you have you item back in your hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stream For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Tell the buyer that you have all there info and that if they don't pay in the next 10 or so days that you will take her to court with all the prof you have against them, Also keep every thing you have. Like the emails etc...

Next time never give any type of refund until you have you item back in your hands.
How are you going to take her to court if she is in France?

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

would you believe someone in another country is taking you to court? Id not be too worried at that prospect.....

actually I got something wrong, I thought dispute was opened, but it wasnt, was it?
the truth is once a dispute is closed there isnt much you can do, but in her case she could check under her seller protection with paypal and show them tracking, she could say that whilst transaction was initially refunded, the item was sent and therefore money is owed. She willingly refunded and the reasons for that are in the emails. Its a shame sellers cant open up paypal disputes against buyers. Ebay unpaid dispute is useless, other than to recoup fees. I still think there wont be a good result, but its worth trying..
hardworker (04-24-2010)
Old 04-24-2010

Post this on ebay PayPal forum, someone might point you in the right direction. Have you tried calling PayPal. It's too late to file a dispute, but, I heard that PayPal will sometimes make an exception.
The Following User Says Thank You to riversnew For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-25-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
she may be a scam artist, but you were unwise to refund the money

I checked that tracking and its delivered in france 14/4 and post 6/3 - so just recent.....it took 5 weeks approximately....

at very least, you should have contacted shipper and had it rerouted back to you, before any refund, and if that failed, I would have taken my chances with paypal, you could after all provide a tracking number..it would depend though on what you put as delivery method on auction and how long that would take in paypals eyes, as to how long paypal gave you to get it to her...

have you gone back to paypal with delivery proof? they will probably ignore you or act like you shipped it too late to her, once a dispute is closed it is unlikely to be re-opened but it would be interesting to know their opinion on it..

not true at all..i recently had a buyer file a complaint back in late december,we did the paypal thing,where theyd get refund once it shows delivered to me,but it got lost in the mail and last thing tracking said was left processing center,so paypal sided with me,so about 3 and a half months later,i get a package in the mail and i sign for it,its something similar that i sold but wasnt the same thing,i was like wtf,than i got an email from paypal about an appeal and that they sent the item back and i had 3 days to refund them or they would deduct it out of my account

if i were you,id call paypal and tell them the story and they will see tracking shows delivered and will probly give you yer money back,from my expereince
The Following User Says Thank You to arsgunner77 For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
How are you going to take her to court if she is in France?
The same way you would if they are in your hometown?

Do they not have court in France? Anything goes.?

Then why the hell are we not in France?

How do you go to court?
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

gunner - I just think the fact that it has been refunded, may mean paypal isnt interested, whereas if buyer had taken out a dispute then paypal would investigate and see that tracking is real and item is on its way...

I think there is a chance, because there was no dispute but I think its slim now...I dont know how seller protection side of it works in a case like this, its normally as part of a dispute, whereas this is refunded, I mean buyer could just say, it was refunded and I paid by another method etc.....the emails may help in terms of promise to pay, but who is to say the payment was to be via paypal or whether it happend or not...complicated...

would be very interested in update though....
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

I called paypal and they told me that I shouldn't refund her, and they suggest me report it to IC3. Ebay said sorry to me and I don't want get mad at the custom service girl, they are very nice. I refund the money because I am a honest new seller I have 22 of 100% feedback and she have 289 feedback. It will be really hurts if she get me a negative feedback.
Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Last edited by hardworker; 04-26-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Old 04-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Old 04-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

what is IC3?

its paypal you need to deal with and they are NOT nice! they are trying to tell you to report it somewhere else, it is paypal that will possibly help you.
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-26-2010

Don't ask PP for nothing! You need to tell them!

Let PP know that you have all these email from the buyer. Ask them what kind of protection do seller have?

If nothing is going your way then act like you would use another type of payment plane.

I would also like to be updated on this.

Good luck!
hardworker (04-26-2010)
Old 04-27-2010
Threadstarter  

I called ebay again yesterday, they said only they can do is sent buyer a email to ask her return my item or pay the money, but she no responds until taday, I will call ebay later taday, Thank you everyone
Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 84%

I've been through this before and have one scamming buyer I'm dealing with right now. Of course it does no good now to say you have gone about this all the wrong way and never should have refunded until item was back in your hands.

As others have said, talk to paypal....stay on paypal until they either help you or tell you there is nothing they can do for you and then you may still want to stay after them if they do not help.

Ebay is totally geared for buyers and the buyers rights, you as a seller are pretty much left to handle any problems for yourself. Buyers are quickly learning just how they can pull a fast one on sellers - especially sellers who are new like yourself and have to have good feedback.

Hopefully you get resolution in your favor but either way, learn from this experience or it will no doubt happen again.
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptyPockets For This Useful Post:
hardworker (04-29-2010)