buyer trying to scam me. Please HELP!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Exclamation buyer trying to scam me. Please HELP!!!

I sold some boxers to a buyer in UK. he got the package and sent me a message as below. i'm sure he is trying hard to scam me either for money back or another pack of same items. this is obviously scamming! the items are packed in a plastic bag, if it were empty, how he can sign to accept it? what should i do?

"Hello,
I got the package but no contents this morning. I am sorry to say but there is a problem with the package I received from you. It seems that the package had been opened before arrival and the contents (boxer shorts) removed (stolen) before I had received them. I do not feel this is my responsibility as I hadn't taken receipt of them before they went missing, I would like a replacement set sent out to me please. I do not wish to escalate this further however if I need to do so then I will take it further with ebay and paypal to ensure I at least get my money back, I would however prefer to keep this transaction as originally intended and get the boxer shorts I wanted. Please let me know how you wish to proceed as soon as possible.
Many Thanks
Stuart"

Last edited by de2009; 04-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

i had that with a watch they said i sent an empty box, i sent another one!! felt sooo mad tho....any other advise incase this happens again would be great!!

sorry to hear this stu
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb9592241 View Post
i had that with a watch they said i sent an empty box, i sent another one!! felt sooo mad tho....any other advise incase this happens again would be great!!

sorry to hear this stu
this is so so stupid
Old 04-07-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

put a claim in with the courier

royal mail has the weight on the reciept so can prove if empty box was sent
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayerOG For This Useful Post:
de2009 (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

item was shipped via china post registered airmail,
then royal mail delivered to this guy. how can i put a claim with the royal mail?
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayerukg View Post
put a claim in with the courier

royal mail has the weight on the reciept so can prove if empty box was sent
can u let me know how can i do that?
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

can i report this buyer to ebay?
Old 04-07-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

of course u can !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

i emailed the buyer to send me pictures of the package he got. the weight is cleared on the custom declaration form. as the item was packed in a plastic bag, not a box, he 100% would know if it were empty. but he signed to accept a plastic bag which is only around 20g.
Old 04-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

technically if he signed for it and there is tracking then a non received dispute will be won by you.

or you can report him to ebay and send him another one.

you get these types of buyers, sometimes. Alternatively, you never know, his mailman might be wearing them as we speak....

if he does it alot to other sellers,they will ban his buyer account.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
technically if he signed for it and there is tracking then a non received dispute will be won by you.

or you can report him to ebay and send him another one.

you get these types of buyers, sometimes. Alternatively, you never know, his mailman might be wearing them as we speak....

if he does it alot to other sellers,they will ban his buyer account.
i've just reported him to ebay, i dont think im going to send him another one.

in one of the email he sent to me, he said he had this happen a couple of times and dont know why! obviously he does it a lot.
Old 04-07-2011

Longevity: 77%

Actually I had something similar happen to me years ago. A friend from overseas sent me some PC software. When I opened the box, I was shocked to find a pair of toddler denim jeans and a photo of someone's child inside.

This kind of situation, you don't know who the crooked person is. If you are doing well and making lots of money on Eb ay and the shorts are not expensive, I would just send him another one and accept it as part of doing business and then block him.
Old 04-07-2011

If there's a custom declaration, you'll have a good chance of winning any claim your buyer will file. However, you should consider the cost of sending more boxers vs. the cost of a neg. feedback.

The buyer might be telling the truth. With all the austere measures in UK, it's conceivable that a postman on foot would need a lot more boxers. It's a easy score, since it says boxers right on the custom form. But stealing underwears, that's just low.

Just tell your buyer that you'll send him a new shipment and ask him not to leave you any feedback if he can't leave a pos. one. In the long run, you'll come out ahead.
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

he's already opened case and left neg feedback. what should I do? and he said the postman told him the package was cut by someone, but he still accepted it. it doesn't make sense! why he can't just decline it? it can easily tell if the bag were empty as the boxers were packed in a plastic bag.a pack of boxers are way heavier! if the boxers were packed in a box, he probably won't know it is empty until he opens it.

and on the customs declaration form, it says clothing.

if I'm sending him another set and same thing happened again,what should I do? since neg feedback has already been left, do u think he will remove it?
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Alternatively, you never know, his mailman might be wearing them as we speak....

lol, it's a possibility thou
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

neg has already been left? ok then DO NOT send it to him unless he fills out a withdraw FIRST....

continuing with the mailman joke, maybe he had a bad curry the day before and needed some new boxers IMMEDIATELY...
Melissa1971 (04-29-2011)
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
neg has already been left? ok then DO NOT send it to him unless he fills out a withdraw FIRST....

continuing with the mailman joke, maybe he had a bad curry the day before and needed some new boxers IMMEDIATELY...
yes, neg has already been left! i emailed back after i got the pics to ask him why he accepted the empty bag as he can easily feel the weight, he went to leave that right away and opened an ebay case. he said he cant just bear the loss,i have to compensate! but the actual weight and postage on the package prove that i sent out the boxers. he even told me that the mailman told him the package was cut but he still signed, really doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I get all that, but has he opened a case against you? if he hasnt, wait until he does and give all this weight evidence, I mean it still could go in his favour, as you may be required to refund and then claim again the insurance from the carrier (which of course you cant). However I think you stand a chance in a dispute, maybe he knows this and is taking a chance. In any case you have noting to gain by giving him another item or refund right now.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I get all that, but has he opened a case against you? if he hasnt, wait until he does and give all this weight evidence, I mean it still could go in his favour, as you may be required to refund and then claim again the insurance from the carrier (which of course you cant). However I think you stand a chance in a dispute, maybe he knows this and is taking a chance. In any case you have noting to gain by giving him another item or refund right now.
yes, he opened the ebay case already and claimed "item not as described", and he didn't ask for refund but a replacement. i dont think there is an option for me to upload evidence at ebay, i know i can do it as paypal if he opened over there.

here is this guy's comment at ebay

"I received the package this morning but unfortunately it would seem that the packaging had been tampered with and the contents missing. The item was supposedly recorded delivery and therefore I assumed insured. I am not saying that the seller didn't send the items but I am saying that in transit the package has obviously been tampered with and the contents either removed or lost. I contact the seller about the issue who asked me to send photos of the packaging that I received. I did this but the response I got was of accusations that I would have reason to make this up. I have no reason to do so and feel insulted that the seller would even begin to attempt to sully my name in such a way. I did not wish for it to have to come to this kind of situation but unfortunately it has and I would like some sort of acknowledgement that although not a common occurrence that on occasion items do get lost, damaged or tampered with. I do not feel it reasonable that I should have to be the one to bear the entire loss over this situation in fact as i was never in receipt of the items I purchased I do not feel responsible at all. "
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I would consider it the buyer's responsibility to ask for insurance... Especially if they have had issues in the past with lost or incorrect packages (which is a rare occurrence for most people).
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
I would consider it the buyer's responsibility to ask for insurance... Especially if they have had issues in the past with lost or incorrect packages (which is a rare occurrence for most people).
i think so!
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

it is not the buyers responsibility to ask for insurance, if they ask for it and you agree then you must provide it, but it is still down to the seller to claim on insurance and refund where applicable, here I just dont see how insurance would pay.

In any case this situation there was tracking right? most tracking incorporates some kind of insurance, I just dont see how seller can sucessfully claim on it. Contact ebay customer support, or even call them and tell them you issue, I dont know how they will vote in this case, I think it really works on tracking which you have provided, plus you will tell them the weight issues, I think you may be ok on this case. What is approx $ value?