Are these new ebay requirements true? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Are these new ebay requirements true?

I would first like to say "thank you" for this forum. I have recently lost my ebay selling account after 12 years and I
am forced to open up a stealth account. I have purchased the book but still have a couple of questions,

Going to open and account using my 75 year old father.
One will they question this account due to age?

Some people have talked about needed a drivers license. Do you think I will need this?

If they call will ebay question we once again due to age? I dont sound that old. lol

Lastly and I am sure I overlooked it in the book. Does the account name for ebay need to be the same as it is for Paypal?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Nope. But do you sound like a 75 year old man, for when you are speaking to eBay and PayPal? :D

Also, this may not matter but think about what items you will be selling, would a 75 year old be selling them in x qty.

This probably wont matter really though and it is worth giving it a go anyway because you have nothing to lose. Just be prepared to speak with them on the phone at some point. Not always needed but better to be prepared.

Quote:
Some people have talked about needed a drivers license. Do you think I will need this?
Or Passport. Your account can then be verified or reinstated if needed.

You do not need one to start selling, only when either eBay or PayPal ask you. Have one photocopied and ready to send in. Also get ready proof of address that is no older than 6 moths. Be prepared and take it slow, having genuine details is a real bonus. Do not mess up.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2011

Longevity: 79%

One of my accounts has as its birth date the year 1927. No big deal.

Firstly, it's only for password retrival purposes.

Secondly, in this supposed case, say you meant to type 1972. Everyone can commit a typo.
Old 04-13-2011

Quote:
One of my accounts has as its birth date the year 1927. No big deal.

Firstly, it's only for password retrival purposes.

Secondly, in this supposed case, say you meant to type 1972. Everyone can commit a typo.
You missed the point of the thread, he wants to open an account in his 75 year old fathers name because he has all his info to verify the account.

So changing your DOB from the real one to an incorrect one makes no sense: noidea:

When he speaks to eBay he could just get is father to do that part if he is available, or just wait until he is available unless you sound 75!

Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - Age is just a number - it's HOW you operate the account that will determine whether you are asked for ID.
Old 04-14-2011

Tell eBay you are working for your father, helping him. They will ask to verify it with your dad, and all he has to say is "yes". Then ask them to put your name on the account, and make up a name for yourself. I've done this, and it's fine with them. I used all my girlfriends info, and I'm her assistant.....oh, and BTW...I'm male. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TurtleCove For This Useful Post:
InvisibleK (09-14-2011), ShadyOne (04-15-2011)
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Tell eBay you are working for your father, helping him. They will ask to verify it with your dad, and all he has to say is "yes". Then ask them to put your name on the account, and make up a name for yourself. I've done this, and it's fine with them. I used all my girlfriends info, and I'm her assistant.....oh, and BTW...I'm male. lol
This advice would only apply to a business selling account though.

Old 04-14-2011

Longevity: 77%

if paypal cannot verify you on the electoral role they will ask for id and proof of address. it seems they've revcently changed their system
The Following User Says Thank You to ets For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
if paypal cannot verify you on the electoral role they will ask for id and proof of address. it seems they've revcently changed their system
Is this true?

Can anyone else confirm or give some more info on Pay Pal checking the electoral system as part of the procedures in the UK.

Could explain why my stealth accounts needed verification and a real account didn't recently

Old 04-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

poppycock.

Whilst it is better to have a business account, nothing stops a person having a 'helper' on a personal or premier account.

Also, please, go make a thread about ets' post in the UK section and dont hijack this thread to take it completely off topic eace
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Whilst it is better to have a business account, nothing stops a person having a 'helper' on a personal or premier account.
But will they not ask to speak to the owner of the account at some point, to verify?

Have you tried this at any point GreenBean?

Old 04-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhead64 View Post
I would first like to say "thank you" for this forum. I have recently lost my ebay selling account after 12 years and I
am forced to open up a stealth account. I have purchased the book but still have a couple of questions,

Going to open and account using my 75 year old father.

If they call will ebay question we once again due to age? I dont sound that old. lol

Lastly and I am sure I overlooked it in the book. Does the account name for ebay need to be the same as it is for Paypal?

Thanks
If you have purchased the book, why has your subscription not come thro' yet?
Is there a problem that needs to be checked?

back to your questions:
ebay changes its requirements nearly daily. We learn to go with the flow.
ebay are too much of a wild card to say wether they will phone or not.
Not such a good idea to use your Dad's info. Big can of worms possible. Not a good idea. Think that over again more carefully
Yes names of ebay/paypal should match. paypal is known to flag accounts where names differ.
And for what bad reason did you lose a 12 year old account? Maybe it might be salvaged
Old 04-14-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Is this true?

Can anyone else confirm or give some more info on Pay Pal checking the electoral system as part of the procedures in the UK.

Could explain why my stealth accounts needed verification and a real account didn't recently

that in itself is self explanatory.... your real account info exists on a datrabase somewhere... your stealth isn't; as such when you enter all your details and they're doing their checks they cannot find your 'stealth information' they operate like a bank (they maybe a bank); they have to confirm your identity; if they can't you have to submit proof of address and id.. simple logic and reasoning here
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
that in itself is self explanatory.... your real account info exists on a datrabase somewhere... your stealth isn't; as such when you enter all your details and they're doing their checks they cannot find your 'stealth information' they operate like a bank (they maybe a bank); they have to confirm your identity; if they can't you have to submit proof of address and id.. simple logic and reasoning here
I know that ^

My point was, I didn't know they actually did checks to see if the person exists, I actually thought they only used the ID, bank statement verification process for that!

I see how it works now, as I have seen banks do the same thing. I never thought it would be procedure at PayPal. Makes sense now.

This answers a lot of questions and problems people have. Has to be the reason behind this Pay Pal verifications straight away ?!

Anyway we are off topic , thanks for the answer though. Going to search the forums now for some more answers.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

what about taking your chat to the UK subforum have you missed? FFS
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:

not true. I've done this just fine with a regular account. Two people can have their names on a regular account. I've done it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleCove For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-15-2011)
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
not true. I've done this just fine with a regular account. Two people can have their names on a regular account. I've done it.
Ok, I know my bad, I shouldn't have said it as if it would ONLY work on a business account. I just thought the idea seemed more suited to a business account, having an assistant and all that.

Then I thought of how many situations this could be the case with a regular seller.

I typed it straight after reading your comment, I now see how it would work, so thanks for the advice