I declined a cancel transaction case.. whats next ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default I declined a cancel transaction case.. whats next ?

So, I registered to ebay last night and I purchased a Samsung LCD for $1,144.00. 2 hours later I get an email about cancel transaction case from the seller. The reason was ‘’ Buyer requested shipment to a country I don’t ship to’’. The ebay gave me two choices to respond to the case, either accept the sellers request to cancel and get refund or decline the request and close the case. I hit decline as the seller should have specified from the beginning where they ship like other sellers.

The question is what happened now? Am I gonna get the TV or not, and if not, what’s gonna happen to my $1,144.00 ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Send me a pm with the item number.

Thread closed pending response.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Info supplied.

Shipper states 'Ship to United States'. No mention of international.

Sadly the OP did not read the listing correctly.

Saying 'like other sellers do' does not mean anything given the type of item.

Burning question? Where's the money?

There will be no TV.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderman View Post
So, I registered to ebay last night and I purchased a Samsung LCD for $1,144.00. 2 hours later I get an email about cancel transaction case from the seller. The reason was ‘’ Buyer requested shipment to a country I don’t ship to’’. The ebay gave me two choices to respond to the case, either accept the sellers request to cancel and get refund or decline the request and close the case. I hit decline as the seller should have specified from the beginning where they ship like other sellers.

The question is what happened now? Am I gonna get the TV or not, and if not, what’s gonna happen to my $1,144.00 ?

You just cost the seller about 120$ fees and will have 1100$ out of your account for a few days.

Just because you hit "decline" won't make the seller ship the item. If I was the seller I'd sit a few weeks on the money, before issuing the refund, lmao.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Yeah and you will probably screw them out of their feedback rating and DSR's too. What a joke. Figures. Its always people that know nothing of what they are doing that will hose an account faster than anything else.

You really should try to do what you can to make this right for them. Call ebay and tell them how stupid you were and didnt read it correctly or something. atleast see if they can reverse it and resend the email. They might. I doubt it but its worth the try. For them atleast. you it wont matter since you wont be out anything.
Old 03-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I've messed up on a few sells where I did not have "No International" Shipping and had pissed off customers. I now make sure there's No International shipping on all my items.
Old 03-23-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Info supplied.

Shipper states 'Ship to United States'. No mention of international.

Sadly the OP did not read the listing correctly.

Saying 'like other sellers do' does not mean anything given the type of item.

Burning question? Where's the money?

There will be no TV.
I had an inkling this was the case. This is almost always the case when someone claims that a seller doesn't ship to another country but didn't state it.

A $1500 to out of country?!?!? Seriously? I know Priority Mail International won't even insure that high. I hope I don't sound insulting but it looks fishy. A rare collectible I understand. But a tv screen?

Maybe shipping expensive items out of country like this is common but I wouldn't do it. WAYYY too risky.
Old 03-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Any follow-up Wonderman? You read the other folx' posts? What's your take?
Old 03-23-2012
Threadstarter  

okie.. for those who hate me or think am noob.. thank you i really don't give a rat ass and what you think of me is not my business. !

most of the items you try to buy on ebay , if the seller specifies usa then i won't be able to buy the item. i made sure that the seller didn't specify usa only.

i just asked about my money, where is it and am i going to get it back or not. that is all... and i never did anything for the seller when he canceled the transaction. all i said was thank you anyways.

really guys grow up and don't judge people like that it is kiddish!

thank you !
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderman For This Useful Post:
First Edition (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Seller specified he shipped to UNITED STATES only.

Your purchase was never going to happen.

Now you have to wait for paypal to release the funds if they have not done so already.
Old 03-23-2012
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

They can both agree to mutually cancel the transaction where the seller doesn't have to pay the fees. Everyone on this thread is SO quick to judge a guy in Saudi Arabia buying a TV.

Did the seller list the item correctly? If I don't want to sell internationally, I don't offer international shipping when I list an item. In the who knows how many listings I've had, it's never been a problem. If someone wanted to pay for international shipping and they message me, I just get them to pay for it outside the auction on a stealth paypal account that I set up.

People in saudi arabia like big tv's too.

if he's a new buyer or a veteran buyer, it's a non issue if the seller isn't stuck with fees

Put yourself in wonderwomans shoes. You paid a lot of money for a tv, and want to know where your tv is, or where your money is!

Why is everyone attacking this guy when it's someone asking for help?

Wonderman, here is advice:

Message the seller and let him know that you are sorry that you can't complete the transaction. Offer to leave him positive feedback and perfect DSR's when you get a prompt refund and be apologetic. Making demands will just make it take longer to get your money, or try to see if he will ship it if you pay for the shipping.

Everything doesn't have to end with a dispute or a chargeback.

To be quite frank, I'm a little disappointed with the tone and demeanor of this thread.

Last edited by First Edition; 03-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

All I'm going to say to FirstEdition is:

Reread the first post. Then reread the entire thread.

No offense but you missed a lot of information. I don't know how you managed to do that.

(Also, this is one of the most chill threads where people don't agree with the buyer. I haven't seen one comment that was rude.)

To the initial poster - I'm curious as to why you refused to cancel the transaction but now you want your money? If you want your money, cancel the transaction.
Old 03-23-2012
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I read everything in the thread before I made my post and I'm unwavering in my opinion.

He's an upset customer. Do you think the way to help him avoid this in the future and prevent problems with sellers (by the way I sell things on ebay) is to call him names and make false accusations? This is why ebay is the way it is!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

I really don't know why you aren't getting this. Your previous post makes little sense to what has already been stated as fact. So I'll just break it down for you. Not trying to argue or anything but you must have missed every part that makes this the buyers fault.

My responses are in blue.

"They can both agree to mutually cancel the transaction where the seller doesn't have to pay the fees."

-He REFUSED to agree to cancel a transaction. Don't you get that is why everyone already does not like him?

"Did the seller list the item correctly?"

- GreenBean addressed this issue and has posted twice to say that the buyer misread the auction. The seller only ships to USA. If I read an auction that said: "Ships to UK" I would NOT bid.

"If someone wanted to pay for international shipping and they message me, I just get them to pay for it outside the auction on a stealth paypal account that I set up."

- That's nice that you are able to get away with that but that is against Ebay's rules and you might get in trouble for that eventually. I don't recommend asking a buyer to move the transaction outside of Ebay unless you know the buyer very very well.

"People in saudi arabia like big tv's too."

- And?? People in America, UK, or any other country like having their right to not have to sell to buyers out of country. Sorry he can't get a tv. Not the sellers problem.

"if he's a new buyer or a veteran buyer, it's a non issue if the seller isn't stuck with fees"

- The seller IS stuck with fees. This is why I am telling you to REREAD the thread and first post.

"Put yourself in wonderwomans shoes. You paid a lot of money for a tv, and want to know where your tv is, or where your money is!"

- What are you talking about? He refused to cancel the transaction just to screw the seller. He knows he's not going to get the tv but wants his money back. It makes no sense.

"Why is everyone attacking this guy when it's someone asking for help?"

- Ok, maybe a couple people pointed out that he's a bad Ebayer and how it was his mistake. But I think everyone has dealt with at least one buyer who refused to cancel. The kind of buyers that do this are douches.

Last edited by Sneakee; 03-23-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I read everything in the thread before I made my post and I'm unwavering in my opinion.

He's an upset customer. Do you think the way to help him avoid this in the future and prevent problems with sellers (by the way I sell things on ebay) is to call him names and make false accusations? This is why ebay is the way it is!!!!!
I appreciate your POV.

OP is being helped by pm.

Most of your remarks are not germaine to the situation.

I re-iterate:
<-->Listing checked by me to see where buyer stood<-->
Error in shipping destination by buyer.

Error in handling of cancellation by new buyer.
Seller did a FULL refund within suitable timeframe

Problem for same new buyer is getting his funds now.

Said refund is in his paypal account but not released. Buyer now has that hurdle to overcome.

Considering you said elsewhere 'not our business to get involved'
I strongly advise you take your own advice. Pertinent for that thread to have been closed despite your liking to have the last word.

Users here who have flammed are being dealt with.

This is an example of the good the bad the ugly of ebay/paypal. So far it is only bad & ugly.
Closed Thread