Why do people choose eBay over Amazon? I don't get it?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-10-2012
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Why do people choose eBay over Amazon? I don't get it?!

Everything about eBay and Paypal annoyed me off, they really don't show any mercy towards a seller. On Paypal my account got limited and they never lifted it, on Amazon I have been under review over 6 times and they have never suspend me. I am selling close to 30 grand a month on Amazon by the way, when I reached over three grand a month in sells on eBay they kicked me off in a heart beat. On eBay I pay 8% for eBay fees and 2.9% for Paypal fees and on Amazon I pay 8% and that really adds up you gross over ten grand a month.

Not trying to say one is better than the other, but when it comes to electronics Amazon is a beauty and when it comes to useless crap eBay works likes a charm. But how many people are really selling non-name branded items? Why choose eBay? Amazon is way easier to list items, sell items, and maintain a nice profit!

Switch to Amazon people! Forget eBay!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2012

Longevity: 85%

I think a lot of people here are selling both on eBay and on Amazon, but each marketplace comes with its upsides and downsides. For example:

Amazon

Pros:
You're able to sell volume quicker and faster
You're able to sell a lot of branded items.

Cons
It takes every 14 days for you to get a disbursement of payments.
It only takes 2-3 bad feedback to put you under review, it's a pain to get out of review.

eBay

Pros:
If you have some DSR, you have instant access to your funds.

Cons:
Many brand name items you'll get VEROed and consequently suspended for listing.
Old 07-10-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

To be honest I think more people choose eBay over Amazon when it comes to selling. It is a lot easier to get started selling on eBay over Amazon but it is also a lot easier to get your eBay account or Paypal account suspended faster than on Amazon. If you are going to sell name brand stuff you should choose Amazon, they don't really attack you over it like eBay. As you said eBay will get you "VEROed and consequently suspended for listing."

1) Amazon accounts that are created after Jan 1st, 2012 have the 14 day disbursement period, which is seven days less than eBay's 21 day hold.
2) Amazon doesn't suspend you for everything like eBay and Paypal does,
3) Yeah you might go under review, I have been under review over six times. The first two reviews last 30 days, but most reviews after that last 2 weeks or so. My last review was only 10 days, which isn't bad at all. And depending on the amount of sales you have, really determines if you will get hit by a review. In my experience anything over 750 bucks, 2 grand, 5 grand, ten grand, 20 grand, and 30 grand you will get hit by a review.
4) Some fees are way cheaper than eBay fees, which add up when you gross a lot.
5) You don't need to create a fancy listing.
6) Negative feedback doesn't affect you as much as it does on eBay.
7) I increased my sales on Amazon than on eBay.
I can go all day why Amazon is better than eBay. Maybe eBay works better for some people, it depends on what you are listing. I am just trying to show people they need to look into Amazon.
Old 07-10-2012

Longevity: 80%

dont let me burst your bubble but you actually have 3 more reviews before amazon will pretty much let you sell any known amounts to me. You get a review once you hit pass 50K one at 75K and another once you hit over 100K

For most ppl it all depends on what you sell. I left ebay for the same reason you probably did 2 years ago and amazon has been AMAZING.. but I just returned to ebay to get into another market that amazon is lacking the type of sales I know this product brings to the table and ebay has not dissappointed at all. Only thing is the HIGH fees on ebay and the CRAZY requirements to maintain or get TRS.

Another thing I HATE about ebay is if you're not on the first page you can forget about good sales..
Old 07-10-2012

Longevity: 73%

Cos there's loads of stuff that doesn't exist in their database - in Eb I can list anything I want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FizzyFish For This Useful Post:
boszika (07-14-2012), Gman91189 (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

Isn't there a chance on amazon that once it account is "suspended" they can KEEP the money?? On ebay yea paypal limits you for 6 months but you STILL get the money back...
Old 07-10-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardhat View Post
they really don't show any mercy towards a seller
amazon are merciless fact
Old 07-10-2012

Longevity: 70%

They both are fine with me, although I make significantly more on amazon. I have had zero issues with both sites. 99% of the people that moan are those that sell phake items, or are just poor sellers.
Old 07-11-2012

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

never thought about amazon. Can you sell used items? Like used pcs etc?
Old 07-12-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yes, you can sell used PCS on Amazon.
Old 07-12-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

@Gamefreak, are you 100 percent I will get hit with another review at 50K? Have you ever grossed over 50k on Amazon? I am not to worried about it, I've passed six so far. I have wonderful feedback and my Customer Metrics are in the green.

@Gman91189, I think that is more of a rumor than anything. You really think Amazon could get away with keeping peoples money, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen =/.

@they_screwed_me_too, So is eBay, I am guessing you joined this forum because your eBay account was suspended? If your a bad seller you will get banned anywhere, Amazon is fine if you follow their rules and provide good customer service you will be fine.
Old 07-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
To be honest I think more people choose eBay over Amazon when it comes to selling. It is a lot easier to get started selling on eBay over Amazon but it is also a lot easier to get your eBay account or Paypal account suspended faster than on Amazon. If you are going to sell name brand stuff you should choose Amazon, they don't really attack you over it like eBay. As you said eBay will get you "VEROed and consequently suspended for listing."

1) Amazon accounts that are created after Jan 1st, 2012 have the 14 day disbursement period, which is seven days less than eBay's 21 day hold.
2) Amazon doesn't suspend you for everything like eBay and Paypal does,
3) Yeah you might go under review, I have been under review over six times. The first two reviews last 30 days, but most reviews after that last 2 weeks or so. My last review was only 10 days, which isn't bad at all. And depending on the amount of sales you have, really determines if you will get hit by a review. In my experience anything over 750 bucks, 2 grand, 5 grand, ten grand, 20 grand, and 30 grand you will get hit by a review.
4) Some fees are way cheaper than eBay fees, which add up when you gross a lot.
5) You don't need to create a fancy listing.
6) Negative feedback doesn't affect you as much as it does on eBay.
7) I increased my sales on Amazon than on eBay.
I can go all day why Amazon is better than eBay. Maybe eBay works better for some people, it depends on what you are listing. I am just trying to show people they need to look into Amazon.
Only had two reviews at Amazon. At aprox 700$, and 4000$ few months later.

Since then over 480.000$ in payments.
Old 07-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
@they_screwed_me_too, So is eBay, I am guessing you joined this forum because your eBay account was suspended? If your a bad seller you will get banned anywhere, Amazon is fine if you follow their rules and provide good customer service you will be fine.
Rubbish.

Let's hope the sellers here who were following the rules and providing good service dont read your claim