eBay SNAD Case :/ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default eBay SNAD Case :/

So, today I just got a eBay dispute from a buyer saying that my item was Significantly Not As Described. I accept no returns and I have said that in the listing of the item too.

The case with this buyer is that he bought my item, but he thought it was something else and when he got it it appeared that it was not what he thought it to be. The description of the item listed is very detailed and it's very clear about what the item is if you actually read the description and don't scan through it with the thought it's what you expect it to be. I mean, who does that? Buying something on eBay and not read the listing thoroughly before actually buying it.

My question is, will it be more than likely that I'm gonna win this case? And what if the buyer leaves some unnecessary negative feedback due to his own fault of not reading what he's actually buying? Ruines my feedback score.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

You can put whatever you want regarding returns, but it doesn't in reality give you any protection.

You're likely to lose the case so you'd be best to just let the buyer return it and then process a refund.

Stating on your listings that you dont accept returns means you are far more likely to get SNAD cases or INR cases against you. If a buyer doesnt like it, they'll always find a way to get their money back.
Old 10-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Well about INR cases, I always have tracking information with signature confirmation.
Old 10-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoc94 View Post
Well about INR cases, I always have tracking information with signature confirmation.
I'm sure you do but that isnt really helping you out your current predicament.

My original advice still stands, accept the return and refund the buyer. Do it professionally and graciously and you may avoid a nice big neg and some low DSRs.
Old 10-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Oh well, I guess I should hope for the best than.

Do eBay sellers even win SNAD cases nowadays? >,<
Old 10-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

SNAD cases are NEVER, EVER won by the Seller, INR, are NEVER won by sellers who only use Delivery confirmation, BUT, the can by won by sellers who use SIGNATURE Confirmation,,,

On a Side Note,,,

A long time ago there was a RASH of listings that described in ENDLESS Detail some of the HOTTEST products of the Day like the Original Sony Playstation, then at the VERY bottom of the Listing there was a Very Small Paragraph that stated something to the Effect of the Listing NOT being for the Item that was desribed, but rather a CHANCE to win that item,,,there were were HUNDREDS of variations to this type of listing of course, BUT the 2 things they ALL had in common was the Buyer was NOT getting what the VAST majority of the listing was actually descrbing, AND PLENTY of ANGRY Buyers,,,this is a Selling practice that should be AVOIDED at all Costs if you value your account.
Old 10-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I have won some SNAD as a seller. It depends on if the buyer gives a wrong statement to
paypal/ebay or admits to something, that goes against what is obvious in the listing, or cannot prove allegations, eg. sometimes they want independant proof.

Each case is different, so hard to advise as you do not know how buyer will tackle it, but it is also down to how relentless buyers is, if they call paypal over and over and is very involved, they will probably win.

However just saying you do not accept returns means nothing, in fact when you place that on dropdown menu on listing a disclaimer comes up from ebay saying apart from certain circumstances like SNAD.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-02-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So this buyer is trying to threaten by saying that he will sue me because of this SNAD case.

Ehh sue? How would he sue me? It's his fault for buying something without reading the item's listing thoroughly.
Old 10-10-2012
Threadstarter  

bump :o

he further "claims" that he has a lawyer looking into the case and gives me 10 days to refund the money or he would call the police.

Am I suppose to be scared? o,o
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

the only time i won my case is when i sold something and while it was in transit the buyer said they would return it before they even got it, i got my restocking fee couldn't believe it. i try to just take returns before you get a case opened but i know this is not always possible but i do think if someone opens a case without contacting you it is not held against you, can anyone confirm that?
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
bump :o

he further "claims" that he has a lawyer looking into the case and gives me 10 days to refund the money or he would call the police.

Am I suppose to be scared? o,o

Wow, a Lawyer, your buyer is REALLY Mad,,It is HARD to imagine that kind of anger over something trivial, so what I Guess this really comes down to is was your listing in ANY way Mis-Leading?

Also, would in not be Prudent for you to simply refund, apoligize and get this buyer out of your life, because it sounds like this could get complicated for you.
Old 10-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Well, no idea. Thats why I ask here.. ;p

In fact the item even has not been delivered yet.
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well, no idea. Thats why I ask ,,,,,,,
You have NO Idea if your listing was in ANY Way Mis-Leading?,,,,,,I find that hard to fathom,,,,
Old 10-10-2012
Threadstarter  

No. My item was not misleading. It even has pictures and all.

And previous answer was on your questions if it should be prudent to just refund.

I'm worried about this lawyer thing he said. The item is not so super expensive also.. only about $150
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

If that is truly the case then simply refund, apoligize and get this buyer out of your life,,,no one in their right mind will hire a Lawyer after a refund,,,as the buyer Why would you?,,you already got your money back
Old 12-10-2012

Longevity: 67%

If buyer opens a SNAD case and is asked to return, but the item does not arrive to me, will i win the case? Thanks
Old 12-10-2012

Longevity: 66%

Refund him and stop fooling around, if he opened the case without having received the item, chances are his intent are clear and he wants money back. Get him a lil more mad and I wouldnt be surprised if you got some nice filling or a rock in a signature+tracking package back, then you'll loose both money + item.

Refund him and spare yourself feedback+DSR+$+item.
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 75%

You can get a restocking fee pretty easily if it says somewhere that you charge it with returns due to buyers remorse. Ebay likes sellers who work things out "on the buyers terms" and when you actually offer a refund when you shouldn't have to.
I've gotten a 20% restocking fee or something ridiculous like that 2 times now.
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 68%

Sir, I HONEST will say; refund the guy and let him go, this have been said to you over and over again, refund!!! if you loose $150 today and next week you make around $1000 is that not enough, why risk loosing your account over this issue, you may even get the account limited. You as a seller should always be ready to compromise, even if the your description is perfect and you are at no fault at all, if the buyer ask for their money back just give it and tell the buyer you are expecting original and unopened/undamaged item just as they receive and if the buyer return something different the you can call ebay and make a report. Be wise my friend, be wise.

Old 12-11-2012

I think i maybe have not made myself clear. I am not the topic starter, but figured i just add my story to it, to not open a new topic if not necessary.

I have a different case. My buyer is right. She has received an item that is damaged and has sent it back for a refund. Of course i will refund this buyer, but what i am asking is.. should i refund the buyer even when she does not send the item back? Does Ebay not favor the seller if the buyer cannot show tracking info for sending the item back?

I am asking if i will win this case if the buyer cannot show proof of shipping the item back to me, or does Ebay favor the buyer even when they cannot prove sending it back?
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 75%

^ damn good point when everyone is so quick to say 'send the refund'.

I would rather lose an account than a sale and a 3000$ item
The Following User Says Thank You to arpichelago For This Useful Post:
Elfquest (12-12-2012)
Old 12-11-2012

Exactly, and i would happily refund a customer, but i am just wondering if the item does not arrive to me, how is Ebay likely going to rule when a buyer does not have tracking info to provide?