ebay reps try my patience! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default ebay reps try my patience!

How stupid can some of these eBay reps can be. I was able to raise my limits on at least 3 of my accounts but now I have an issue with my forth. Everytime I get a new answer from these stupid reps.

Honestly I have encountered some nice reps but unfortunately most of them are either rude or pretending they care. Most of all I hate the fact that they are reading from a script. I feel offended everytime I call eBay.

In fact I feel like I am some kind of criminal most of the time I call them. I don't know where they get these reps from but surely for this type of job it doesn't require even college education. These people are a joke.

They litheraly will give you different responses everytime you call. It is unbelievable. I suspect it is done intentionally to some degree by their higher up but this is not how a big company should treat their sellers. I wish one day someone honest will set up and take out competition like eBay and amazon and show them how good companies should run. I know it's too much to ask but I am still hoping.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2012

Longevity: 73%

You can tell they are reading a script big time, i just act nice and give them their room to do whatever they have to do. They are so down to that script reading they almost cut your replies off hahaha.

Any time i've called in they are all nice, they do ask some trip up questions and they are very easy to spot, I just be nice and do the dance.

If you get a bad rep for some reason i'd just find the fastest way to get off the phone and try again.

I've never encountered the " I don't care" rep and I hope I never do, cause im ONLY calling them if i REALLY need something.

--------------

PS: if you have in your account that you don't want marketing PROMO calls, they'll still call you.

no idea why, I almost hung up on a rep thinking it was a call center ( well I was right) but i hung on long enough to hear who she was from....lucky. im very quick to hang up on junk crap, hello...... you have .05 seconds if not *click*

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-25-2012 at 07:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

You really went on a rant there. Haha but i'm not surprised this happened. Ebay is so corrupt its not even funny and we know there total idiots over there. So I just expect this from them. I personally never call and partially for the reason you just stated . Actually the last time I spoke with them was through a email 6 months ago.
Just keep making accounts, sell on all of them and those limits will rise to healthy limits and you wont have to deal with their BS. Plus your earning it through their system and not forcing the system.
I know everyone has there own style that's just how I do mine. Nonetheless a good laugh man and just wipe it off to move forward. Good luck!

Last edited by accutinting; 11-25-2012 at 04:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accutinting For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-26-2012), stanislav (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

This is the life of dealing with customer service reps.
Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 66%

Riffing on the same theme here. I just received an email telling me that eBay took action on a case and removed it from my DSR rating. Problem is, my account was suspended from selling for low DSR that was triggered by the same case.
Old 11-25-2012

Whenever I call eBay I am directed to an offshore call-center. I'm not sure where, I haven't asked, most likely The Philippines or Indonesia or somewhere like that. Some speak good English, but most don't. So automatically there is a language and culture barrier.

The thing that always cracks me up is that they put you on hold every time to "review your account". It's part of the script that they read. I never understood the purpose of putting you on hold as part of the script. If you need to put somebody on hold, fine, but that shouldn't be part of the routine that happens every time. A good company would try to put their customers on hold as little as possible. This is one thing Steve Jobs corrected as soon as he returned to Apple in 1997 - Apple was notorious for putting people on hold and he corrected it. But then again, eBay is not a good company, and Donahue has less intelligence than Steve Jobs has in his pinkie, so it makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to sacka_man For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Apparently eBay corrupt and criminal management thinks they can fool sellers by putting them on hold. I love how whenever you are calling to increase your limits they will put you on hold LOL! Like as if they are actually thoroughly reviewing your eBay account. We already know it's all scripted and the answer will be the same. It's pathetic really ... I don't know if eBay understands this or not but this makes them looks like clowns. Which indeed they are. Uneducated, stupid idiotic clowns. Especially those in the higher up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacka_man View Post
Whenever I call eBay I am directed to an offshore call-center. I'm not sure where, I haven't asked, most likely The Philippines or Indonesia or somewhere like that. Some speak good English, but most don't. So automatically there is a language and culture barrier.

The thing that always cracks me up is that they put you on hold every time to "review your account". It's part of the script that they read. I never understood the purpose of putting you on hold as part of the script. If you need to put somebody on hold, fine, but that shouldn't be part of the routine that happens every time. A good company would try to put their customers on hold as little as possible. This is one thing Steve Jobs corrected as soon as he returned to Apple in 1997 - Apple was notorious for putting people on hold and he corrected it. But then again, eBay is not a good company, and Donahue has less intelligence than Steve Jobs has in his pinkie, so it makes sense.
Old 11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Apparently eBay corrupt and criminal management thinks they can fool sellers by putting them on hold. I love how whenever you are calling to increase your limits they will put you on hold LOL! Like as if they are actually thoroughly reviewing your eBay account. We already know it's all scripted and the answer will be the same. It's pathetic really ... I don't know if eBay understands this or not but this makes them looks like clowns. Which indeed they are. Uneducated, stupid idiotic clowns. Especially those in the higher up.
So this is the reason why they put you on hold every time, to allude to the impression that they are thoroughly reviewing your account? LOL. We all know and are familiar that eBay is a machine and is dictated by the policies set forth by management... we all know that their actions are already decided in advance... but others may not know this. It always seems incredibly forced and laughable to me, but I wonder if it fools anyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sacka_man For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-26-2012), stanislav (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacka_man View Post
So this is the reason why they put you on hold every time, to allude to the impression that they are thoroughly reviewing your account? LOL. We all know and are familiar that eBay is a machine and is dictated by the policies set forth by management... we all know that their actions are already decided in advance... but others may not know this. It always seems incredibly forced and laughable to me, but I wonder if it fools anyone.
THIS IS IT! I apologize for sounding rude but I am in no way disrespecting anyone here. All of my anger and disgust is aimed at no other than eBay company. I am sure if more people would have been angry then eBay's criminal activities might been noticed by main stream. I hope one of these days eBay was going to face some serious consequences for their criminal and abusive threatment of their sellers but mostly I wish that certain ebay individuals would be brought to trial.
Old 11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
THIS IS IT! I apologize for sounding rude but I am in no way disrespecting anyone here. All of my anger and disgust is aimed at no other than eBay company. I am sure if more people would have been angry then eBay's criminal activities might been noticed by main stream. I hope one of these days eBay was going to face some serious consequences for their criminal and abusive threatment of their sellers but mostly I wish that certain ebay individuals would be brought to trial.
eBay is scum. I've been on eBay since 1998 when it was incredible, and watched it slowly turn into a giant, money-hungry, egomaniacal, machine. Unfortunately in this process they've lost all respect for the sellers, which are they people that pay eBay's bills. I'm sure that every single one of their decisions is well thought out and calculated to ensure the highest possible profits, I'm sure they figured out mathematically somewhere that they can treat their sellers like crud and get away with it. Take us for example - we hate eBay's policies but still use it even if we have to use a stealth account. Many of eBay's actions these days are certainly borderline criminal.
Old 11-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Riffing on the same theme here. I just received an email telling me that eBay took action on a case and removed it from my DSR rating. Problem is, my account was suspended from selling for low DSR that was triggered by the same case.
I got the same message this week lol My account was also suspended for over a year. The message said that they found out that people with multiple accounts who reported me and ends up it was the same person. Im not shocked just a competitor trying to push me out. Im not angry because I eliminated him and others as well for doing the same thing to me. Im just disappointed because that was a top seller account with alot of positive feedbacks.
Old 11-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

WTF, again.
Old 11-26-2012

And it gets more fun. eBay just congratulated me on achieving Top Rated seller status with discounts and all but unfortunately I can't sell...what gives?!
Old 11-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I don't why or what all of you guys are complaining about but eBay is just like any other company in the world, maximize profits.
If all of you guys hate or think that eBay is scum, then why don't some of you go out and start your own auction website and see how it will do, in the end your auction website will turn into another eBay.
At the end of the day, I don't hate or like eBay, for me its how I make my money and I'm happy with just that. I see my bank account grow and grow and that right there makes me happy.

The End
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (06-10-2019)
Old 11-26-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
At the end of the day, I don't hate or like eBay, for me its how I make my money and I'm happy with just that. I see my bank account grow and grow and that right there makes me happy.
*DING*

this is business, welcome to the real world.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden_monkey For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-27-2012)
Closed Thread