Musings on ebay executives - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Musings on ebay executives

So I was rolling this around my noggin late last nite whilst reading thread after thread on ebay selling limits here.

Exactly what is the point of putting item count limitations on a seller?? I mean if you have an account with for argument sake a 10item/$1000 limit what is the difference if you sell one $1000 item or ten $100 items? What is ebay hoping to achieve with this nonsense? Wouldnt it just be easier all around if they said OK, you start with $1000/mo limit (any qty). After 3 mos if you are a good boy or girl we will allow you to sell $3000/mo and so on.

Talk about making us jump thru hoops... there was a thread yesterday from a guy claiming to be able to game ebay by loading up auctions hoping they go over the dollar limit then ending them the day before his new limits come out so ebay would give him a fresh set of limits without catching on to his scheme to squeeze every last dime of the old limit. It made my head spin.

Think about it. ebay is really shooting themselves in the foot (once again) with the item limit. Lets say you are a seller with 10/1000 and your inventory is all cheap $2-$10 items. So for the month you reach your 10 item limit of $5 items .... whoopie s****t. ebay collects fees on $50 off you instead of $1000.

Why is everything they do and all their policies so convoluted that you have to wonder when are they going to fall flat on their faces. I am sorry, I just have to wonder how much longer they can get away with total imbeciles running the company. Chimpanzees could do better. The company stinks from the head down.

I would love to see the great minds here on Aspkin forums take over and run ebay for a year - now that would be awesome!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 66%

You couldn't be farther off. If you sell a $1000 item they can limit you, pull the listing, etc...then you will have a 21 day hold with paypal on that transaction.

If you get a positive feedback for it, they have a little faith in you. It's a safeguard for them.

If you sell 10 items that are $2 each, sure that's only $50 but it's still a faith measure.

They want to see if you are really sending off the items OR if you are just wanting to screw people over.

It doesn't make sense to us legit sellers, and it is quite annoying...but the picture is bigger.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

This all started with Meg Whitman.

Filthy rich already she did not want to average Joe off the street to sell on ebay at all. You know those same people who build ebay to what is was and is today.

She instead had a vision of getting rid of small timers and thought ebay was a force to get the larger companies to list on their site instead of those small timers who sold 10.00 items at a time.

Her vision ruined ebay and their reputation.

Now they are finally realizing that the small timers are important to their business and there is room for everyone.

But what they forgot was to remove all of Whitmans strongholds of getting rids of small timers.

Do not forget while she was flying around the world in her ebay jet she was trying to get Chinese sellers to sell on ebay USA cutting out all of us in the USA who build their site.

My answer is yes, they are much smarter then a 5th grader, but the new CEO has similar issues as Whitman and believes the small little poor people who sell knick knacks dont have a place on ebay.

You can be smart and intelligent all you want but when you feel you and the things you do are too good for most then you blind yourself from reality.

If I or you were running ebay we would find a way to get every dime out of people as long as they ship the products and keep customers happy.

They seem to be doing the Whitman way of dumping you and giving you the feeling you are not needed.

Remember her one interview when she said, we have a million new ebayers every day and when one person decides not to buy or sell we have people in line to replace them. What a fool this woman really was.

Intelligence made her rich but her lack of common sense destroyed a company.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
random_user (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
You couldn't be farther off. If you sell a $1000 item they can limit you, pull the listing, etc...then you will have a 21 day hold with paypal on that transaction.
If you get a positive feedback for it, they have a little faith in you. It's a safeguard for them. If you sell 10 items that are $2 each, sure that's only $50 but it's still a faith measure.

They want to see if you are really sending off the items OR if you are just wanting to screw people over.

It doesn't make sense to us legit sellers, and it is quite annoying...but the picture is bigger.
Sorry, but take a look at what you are saying.... they have a problem with you selling a $1000 item and possibly scamming someone... but they have no trouble if you sell ten $100 items and don`t deliver???????

Heck, they should be more lenient on the $1000 transaction since you only pissed off one customer - not ten!
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 66%

My message was worded oddly...the point I was trying to make was that it's there for them to try and protect their ass when the scammers come out to play and want to not send out the items.

And ebay was FOUNDED on the "small guy"...it's foolish to think only the big boys get to play. But that's why I go by my own rules...make as much money as possible as quick as possible because who knows what ebay will say or do tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
This all started with Meg Whitman.
I hear ya Sandy. Just to me it seems like it was after Whitman left in 08 that all the crap policies started being put in place and making ebay a miserable place to do business.
I tend to blame this mess more on Donahoe who to me apparently suffers from an Napoleonic Amazon complex. For instance what were his first projects?

The atrocious ebay catalog which was supposed to make listing on ebay as easy as Amazon - well its totally useless at best. Secondly, he gave us those ebay product evaluations done by members that are not worth the pixels they are displayed on.

Again, an obvious attempt at trying to be `like Amazon` whose customer reviews, it could be argued, are its strongest feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 70%

They are protection their own a$$. When all the people on there try to sell phakes, scam, run and run it means more work for them. 1 bad transaction = 3+ employees work. TIME=MONEY.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
I hear ya Sandy. Just to me it seems like it was after Whitman left in 08 that all the crap policies started being put in place and making ebay a miserable place to do business. I tend to blame this mess more on Donahoe who to me apparently suffers from an Napoleonic Amazon complex.

For instance what were his first projects? The atrocious ebay catalog which was supposed to make listing on ebay as easy as Amazon - well its totally useless at best.

Secondly, he gave us those ebay product evaluations done by members that are not worth the pixels they are displayed on.

Again, an obvious attempt at trying to be `like Amazon` whose customer reviews, it could be argued, are its strongest feature.
I agree. He came in and left Megs disaster intact and added his own.
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 82%

There are three things Meg Whitman doesn’t discuss much on the campaign trail: 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Those were Whitman’s last full years as CEO of eBay. Over that period, eBay’s stock price was cut in half, a loss of $30 billion in market value, as investors reacted to a string of troubled acquisitions initiated by Whitman and the prospect that Google or others might up-end the online auction business.

https://www.baycitizen.org/news/meg-...ys-lost-years/
Old 02-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Whitman definitely acted in HER own interests instead of the stakeholder's. He was obsessed with Alibaba's Jack Ma. eBay suffered the same problems most do when on such a big level, they hire a 'good looking' CEO rather than someone with substance, lock them into huge contracts and for the face of the company don't fire them

-Sorry I confused donahoe with whitman, corrected

Last edited by slim jim; 02-12-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_user View Post
There are three things Meg Whitman doesn’t discuss much on the campaign trail: 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Those were Whitman’s last full years as CEO of eBay. Over that period, eBay’s stock price was cut in half, a loss of $30 billion in market value, as investors reacted to a string of troubled acquisitions initiated by Whitman and the prospect that Google or others might up-end the online auction business.

https://www.baycitizen.org/news/meg-...ys-lost-years/

She tried to buy the election with her money and name.

Did not work out too well.
Old 02-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Election was an utter failure and waste of money
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Rep will never win Cali after Arnold the disaster.

This just showed how ignorant she was thinking she could spend 250 million and win an election.

Can you imagine her as a Governor.

Oh my.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 76%

It is true for certain eBay sites, if you load auctions in a certain way you can then 'bypass' the selling limits. Say no more