eBay cases - sometimes opened in Paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Lightbulb eBay cases - sometimes opened in Paypal?

Hello
So I sell on eBay and sometimes cases are opened in eBay and sometimes on Paypal side.
Once I bought something via eBay and wanted to open a case and eBay directs me to Paypal too.

So how does eBay decides to let buyers open a case on eBay or Paypal?
It's kinda confusing as the Paypal process is much better for sellers in my view.
As the tracking number always don't work in eBay and I can submit my scanned file of postal information in Paypal.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think the buyer can choose where to open the case but cannot open a case on BOTH eBay and PayPal. I have never actually had a case opened in PayPal, it would always be opened in eBay. Not that I have had very many cases opened.

It is best to work with the buyer before it escalates into a case. Of course, some buyers will send you a message that does not indicate they are unhappy, just so they can open a case against you, and then they want to blast you with both barrels claiming everything under the sun.

I actually had one buyer a few years ago that opened a case claiming the item was not received AND that it was counterfeit. Now, if the item really was not received, then HOW could they have any idea if it was a counterfeit or not? I actually won that case as the buyer had claimed the same thing with a few sellers.
Old 06-07-2013

Longevity: 63%
Talking

I went through something similar, the dofus claimed at first he didn't get it, then after I proved to buyer protection he did and buyer protection closed his case in my favor he opened a not as described case five min later for the same item he swore on a bible he didn't get! this all happened back in September.
Old 06-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks, but as I mentioned, I tried to opened a case a few months ago for a purchase in eBay.
It directly links me to Paypal so I could not open a case in eBay.
So I'm thinking under what circumstances, for eBay transactions, will a case be opened on eBay or on Paypal.

As a seller I think the Paypal cases system protect me better (nearly 100%) as I could have the documents scanned and submitted. However for eBay, only the tracking numbers but there is often delays and errors in it.

That's why I'm asking.
Old 06-07-2013

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboddie View Post
I went through something similar, the dofus claimed at first he didn't get it, then after I proved to buyer protection he did and buyer protection closed his case in my favor he opened a not as described case five min later for the same item he swore on a bible he didn't get! this all happened back in September.

i doubt a buyer can open a case twice for the same item with different reasons.

also buyers can choose if they dispute on eb or ppl, if they do on pp sellers still see the dispute on eb but when they want to reply or resolve, the system directs them straight to pp
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by invince View Post
Hello
So I sell on eBay and sometimes cases are opened in eBay and sometimes on Paypal side.
Once I bought something via eBay and wanted to open a case and eBay directs me to Paypal too.

So how does eBay decides to let buyers open a case on eBay or Paypal?
It's kinda confusing as the Paypal process is much better for sellers in my view.
As the tracking number always don't work in eBay and I can submit my scanned file of postal information in Paypal.

Thanks!
Actually ebay is preferable from a winning position sometimes.

Check that claim again. Had there been other issues with the sale?
Old 06-07-2013
Threadstarter  

GB, there isn't other issues.
The only problem with eBay is that the tracking number entered may not be trackable sometimes.
Paypal will side with you as long as you have a proof of mailing.
eBay requires the tracking shows it's delivered.

Since I send all parcels with tracking number, everytime there is a case in Paypal about item not received, I can win it with the postal certificate.

I don't think buyers can choose where to open the case, as I've tried 2 times in the past 6 months myself.
In both times I try to open in eBay but it directs me to Paypal - I could not open a case in eBay.
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I don't think buyers can choose where to open the case, as I've tried 2 times in the past 6 months myself.
In both times I try to open in eBay but it directs me to Paypal - I could not open a case in eBay.
Never had that happen.

What country ebay did this to you?

What was the wording of your claim?

Old 06-07-2013
Threadstarter  

It's on ebay.com and once I want to open a case, it gives me a button to Paypal.
No other options for opening a case in eBay.
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Followed the exact process?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Maybe post a screenshot of what happens with the step that pulls you to PP
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's on ebay.com and once I want to open a case, it gives me a button to Paypal.
No other options for opening a case in eBay.
Still too vague to analyse.

Show the notice with all personal info deleted, if you still have it.