Buyer send back a different item. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-19-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Buyer send back a different item.

A buyer bought a rather expensive item from me, I ship it to him with signature confirmation and insurance. A few days after he receive it, he open a case claiming item not describe and want to return. So I decide to accept the return and the buyer sent back a used ding scratch item. He only sent the unit with nothing else. The item that I sent to him was a new seal in manufacture box. I also check the serial number and it's different as well.

So I call eBay and they escalate the case and ask me to send in picture. So I sent in picture of the serial number of the item that I sent to him as well as picture of the unit that he sent back, one of them showing the incorrect serial number. eBay also told me to file a case with ic3.gov and give them the case number. Just did all of this and now I'm waiting to see how this resolve.

How do you guy think I will fair with this case. The ic3.gov thing is new to me as well.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Buyer send back a different item.

PS. I have video record of me packing the item which show that's the item is indeed brand new and seal. I also made video of opening the return package as well. But as of right now, eBay CSR told me that they don't accept video.
Old 09-19-2013

Longevity: 86%

The fact that you are videoing yourself packing items makes me go hmmmmm......but more than likely it will go in the buyers favor or ebay will play neutral and let you keep funds and pay the buyer back out of their own pockets (doubt the latter). Videoing yourself packing a box doesn't quite prove that that particular package is what was sent/delivered to the buyer (playing devil's advocate) I guess perhaps doing that and recording the whole time driving to the post office and placing in the receptacle or handing to the postal person might be better....but even then it wouldn't prove much. Prepare to suck up the lose (cost of doing business) and move on. Good Luck.
Old 09-19-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

I find it odd that you took a video of you packing the item up. That is me just sounds odd, but hey what do I know. Maybe you were just making some type of youtube video.

As far as winning the case.. I don't see this happening, but I've seen odd things happen all the time. eBay will probably track this guys record, and see if he has scammed other people. Buyers can be limited, and banned as well, but you just never really see it as much. They would have to have a lot of reports against them.

So my ruling is that as long as this buyer has the tracking number that he sent the item back, then the case will be in his favor. Sorry about that! With eBay your going to run into scammers. I just made sure I created a business where my profit would out weight my lost, so even if there was returns or scammers, I would be able to handle that, and still make a great profit. Good luck with everything!
Old 09-19-2013
Threadstarter  

I remember reading from Sandy post that she made recording of expensive order. So for any order over $200, I made recording and save them on my computer. And the reason I made the video of opening the return package because when I saw the package, I know right away that the buyer did not send everything back since the box is way smaller than it's suppose to be.

Last edited by kenshintr; 09-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

Ah, I see what your saying. Make sure you keep in touch, and let us know what the outcome is, and what eBay decides.

Best of luck, and I hope the outcome is in your favor!!
Old 09-19-2013

Longevity: 73%

also contact the post office about mail fraud... turn the heat up on these scammers, they can't think they can get away clean like this.

this has happend to a few people around here as well...search around, they messaged the buyer telling them everything they were doing.... and if you report mail fraud, you can get someone to knock on the door.
Old 09-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Hope it works out in your favour kenshintr - you certainly have a lot of backup proof for your case. These kind of buyers stink indeed
Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I have had this happen to me for less expensive items. I sold them a legit item one time they sent me back a way ⊗⊗⊗⊗y, claiming I sent the wrong size. I took a pic of it and the items I sell, reported the seller to eBay explained it and forwarded the photos comparing the items. The where NARU 30 days later have no idea if it was part of me. But 100% on high priced items I would keep every record possible video shipping. Having a Postal Worker confirm or whomever. It is like Sandy D always talks about the "Professional Buyer" you never know who is one.

I had one this past week messaged me like 10 times asking when I would ship their $20 item with free shipping that I was losing madd money on because it was older. They paid by echeck and I told them 5 times I the payment had to clear before I could ship. Then Today I got a message claiming the item was damage when I inspect every product I send to a T. I knew they where a problem right after they purchased from me. I just told them I would offer them a partial refund. I was cursing for the first part of the day. This is still one of the worst I have ever dealt with. But I would rather live to fight another day. Blocked the buyer on all my accounts and forwarded to all my selling contacts.

Also it is not really the money, it the darn principle of the thing. If you seriously have a problem I am more than willing to work it out. But Shysters and professionals buyers who pull this crap all the time. I can't stand them.

Last edited by vogeltron; 09-21-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
But 100% on high priced items I would keep every record possible video shipping. Having a Postal Worker confirm or whomever. It is like Sandy D always talks about the "Professional Buyer" you never know who is one.
Even that is not going to be a given the OP will win.

Recent thread has info where a seller was denied his rights.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-feedback.html

Posts by vetman outline his dealings.

Worry is ebay pushing the OP to go to the ic3 gov.(Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home)

Even then supplying all the paperwork may not mean a win.

Other sellers have been able to prove fraudulent behavior of a buyer.
They did not win their cases.

They might be called professional buyers. I prefer scumbags.

Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Charlatans and Shysters are all over. I deal with them all the time. Thankfully most my items are lower priced so while my % loss may be the same it isn't like the same one time hit. I do think you should do whatever necessary to try to protect yourself. Video packaging etc. Always a good precaution on whatever you do. Even though GreenBeam is right you never know when they will f*** you over.
Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@vogeltron

No 1 rule of life.....

Cover your back.

Always cover your back.