russia buyer case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-02-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default russia buyer case

day after sale, buyer ask if I send package. it is expensive goods. I just say yes it is sent ( but I do not give tracking because it is in my wife car the ticket)
I log in to add tracking next day and see that 1 day later they opened a INR case.

I think to myself why? it takes at least 7 days to get there. then I realise something, on my listing I put economy shipping and I did not say the tracking
straight away and they seen it not added.

I do not know if they make genuine mistake or scam. I am FROZEN. If I add tracking what happen then? it close case and all ok? or will they change it to snad or empty box?

nothing I can do about it now, but do I add tracking or not? My thought is
if they continue down route of INR , I can hit them with signature confirmation at the end and blow up their INR claim. But then again, when they sign for it they could say snad instead.

I do not undertand timelimes for escalate and what is best course.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: russia buyer case

well you need to respond to the case with the tracking number.
You have to stick up for yourself and show your side of the story.
Explain in the case that the buyer asked if you shipped the item, and then immediately afterwards opened a case against you for it not being received.

if you do not respond to the case, the INR will go in the buyers favour.
Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

You will need to upload the tracking number before the deadline shown in the case.

I would message the buyer asking why this case was opened
Old 12-02-2013
Threadstarter  

my guess is the package will show up before they can escalate, it has about 1 day to go on tracking and escalte date is in 3 days.

are you sure I should add it now or wait.???

can inr turn to snad in same case/ what if inr closed can new different case bebrought? am I panick and is it normal for inr so soon?

I just did search on forum about russian buyer, i am scare now. it is not iphone or easy scam it is expensive though, it is a winterwear goods, I would not say what exactly obviously.
Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Put the tracking number on to the ebay case. Also add it on Paypal too, just to make sure.

Looks like the buyer may be trying to scam you but it's not a definite.

Put the tracking number on and play it as it comes.
Old 12-02-2013
Threadstarter  

if I put on tracking before escalate, will it close autoatically? or they can still escalate it?

if they realise they got it with signature - what can they do then?

ok I will contact them and see what they say.
Old 12-03-2013
Threadstarter  

update - I not added tracking yet, first I contacted buyer and say tracking number to him, he reply straight back saying he got it and he said it is rip and marks. VERY NOT TRUE.

he has not receive yet according to tracking, it is not clear as it stop after left 2nd step of airport clearance.

I not reply yet. and also I not added tracking to case.

I am gonna beat this guy but do not understand best strategy if he change case or if escalate - experienced guys help.

I work full-time job, and sell really hard on ebay this month and this guy not gonna wipe out my profits, I got disabled family member with me and and my costs too high for this.
Old 12-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to protect yourself 100% from scammers. It happens to all of us. I can relate to your situation - money being tight, you taking care of a disabled family member, etc. But none of that matters to eBay. It just doesn't.

What I can suggest may not help right now, but for the future, to protect yourself, you need to exclude some locations when listing items for sale. Russia is one of the areas to exclude. Also Asia and the Middle East. There are just TOO MANY scammers in those areas to take chances, especially with anything expensive.

PLEASE do not take this the wrong way. The majority of people in those areas are decent people and I am NOT saying that ALL Russians are scammers. I'm only saying that from my experience, it is worth excluding those areas to avoid problems.
Old 12-03-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Don't sell abroad , I sell in my country and just 48 states set buyer requirements to the highest level and send everything with tracking and if it's $80++ I put delivery confirmation,.

That's about all I can do and have almost 0 or if I do I don't even no hardly any returns never charge back so this works for me really well
If losing a couple items will get u aggravated that much u need higher profit margins to, u should only worry about what u can control like everything I listed above and whatever falls through should be minimal and needs to be manageable .
Old 12-03-2013

Longevity: 64%

I shut down my global shipping because I kept getting scammed. I only will ship to Canada and USA.
Old 12-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

OP I have just seen a similar case on forum right now. threat of a police report may be helpful...

I sell worldwide on some items to get bigger audience, but other stuff is just UK. It depends on your market.

I had something similar but with a chargeback on paypal, it was savage...

can you clarify, is this an ebay case? or on paypal?

what I am hearing is you want to know should you give tracking to ebay now or when there is an escalation. You think that if they close a case for INR tracking they cannot open a snad? You know, you may have a point but I am not sure.
Old 12-03-2013
Threadstarter  

it is ebay INR case and not escalated yet.

buyer knows tracking number now via email.

he has not closed the INR

he indicat to me he got it and it is snad and he just email me now askin for redund or he make case.

police in russia? are r u serious lol.

yeh, so i know it is hard complicated but what would you do now!!!!
Old 12-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what would I do? I cannot see how you will get out of this, if he wants to switch the
case he can call them and do it I suppose, not sure if you can have 2 cases going at same time, assume you need to close one, not had this exact situation.

It used to be that they would look at seller side and favour seller sometimes but recently in last year the buyer protection program is basically one-way street.