So how do we retrieve our final value fees if cases now count against us?. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default So how do we retrieve our final value fees if cases now count against us?.

I'm screwed because i did all my returns through cases. It was easy. Now ebay will be banning those who processed to many returns through cases because of item defects. How do I make a return to get my final value fee back or is ebay planing on stealing that fro the sellers?. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: So how do we retrieve our final value fees if cases now count against us?.

Once a case is opened it will count as one defect, even if the same buyer opens a case, a return is made, low DSRs on every category , and negative feedback, that will now count the same as a buyer making a mistake but opening a case for a return, and the seller making everything right and earning a 5 star feedback

In either case it's counted as a defect , really makes no sense and I can see deteriorated customer service

Before if a case was opened the seller would do whatever possible to make the sale right now it doesn't not matter because u get a defect either way
Old 04-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: So how do we retrieve our final value fees if cases now count against us?.

Are the cases closed with your active refunding? If so - FVFees will be returned.

Best way to deal with this is to make new stealth accounts, change your business model, spread sales, and start fresh
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Definitely getting more and more ridiculous. I wish John Donahue would step down. He has run eBay into the ground. eBay stock price has gone up by Amazon growth has gone through the roof because of his alienation of buyers and sellers.
Old 04-29-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Looks like mutual cancellation is the way to get fees back if a case isnt opened.

Makes me nervous having to rely on the buyers goodwill. Iv had too many thick buyers recently.
Old 04-29-2014

Most of the time u don't know of any problem until a case is open, and now it's so ridiculous that I can just make the customer wait until eBay needs to step in and handle the case , as Opposed to handling a case within seconds after a problem and doing it so well I'd get a glowing feedback and eBay and myself looked good. WhY, because once a case is open it doesn't matter if I make the customer happy or let it drag on for the max days and do nothing I still get a defect

Maybe if everyone does nothing eBay will get the hint that this new system makes great customer service really no point because either way I get a bad mark so why go that extra step and still get shut down , just for EBay the company to look good why I'm out on the curb , yea right

Before if a case opened , I'd let the customer keep the item , full refund, pr send a new item out full refund and do whatever needed to be done within 10 mins of a case opening which turned a disappointed customer often a very happy one, now the hell with it
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Most of the time u don't know of any problem until a case is open, and now it's so ridiculous that I can just make the customer wait until eBay needs to step in and handle the case , as Opposed to handling a case within seconds after a problem and doing it so well I'd get a glowing feedback and eBay and myself looked good. WhY, because once a case is open it doesn't matter if I make the customer happy or let it drag on for the max days and do nothing I still get a defect

Maybe if everyone does nothing eBay will get the hint that this new system makes great customer service really no point because either way I get a bad mark so why go that extra step and still get shut down , just for EBay the company to look good why I'm out on the curb , yea right

Before if a case opened , I'd let the customer keep the item , full refund, pr send a new item out full refund and do whatever needed to be done within 10 mins of a case opening which turned a disappointed customer often a very happy one, now the hell with it
I feel you very much. I haven't really looked into it. But I think you posted about it before. Now if you go through the ask seller a question if you click have not received item it automatically opens a case.

I just checked my projected status myself. I had one "not received case" the buyer lied about. I called them out on it. They let the case run out in time and left me positive Feedback. And according to the projections it is counting against me. Unreal.
Old 04-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

I gotta make new accounts. my flawless power seller account looks to be getting banned in august. I think I may just let the account sit for a year or something.
Old 04-29-2014

All my accounts are doing well and the new group of 30 accounts I have that are 70 days old will all be above standard but it is making me nervous because I have one with 2 defects, and it was over a question by a buyer over an item that was $2.00. And the case was an accident but lead to open one to ask a stupid question

The other was another $2 item that was marked delivered but buyer opened did not receive case, rather than just message me first, and I just sent a new one out both were 5 star positive feedback

This is one account that is perfect everything but has 2 defects and only 52 sales and for nothing stupid incidental business everyday occurances
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
I gotta make new accounts. my flawless power seller account looks to be getting banned in august. I think I may just let the account sit for a year or something.
Make 5 accounts and build them ACTIVELY - not just sitting around