Who cares about negative feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Who cares about negative feedback?

Selling on ebay is a business and you will never satisfy everyone. Someone will always bitch and complain about something. It's human nature. I see people complaining about negative feedback. who cares when you can have multiple stealth accounts? if one gets negged, you should always have another account ready to go! it's pointless to sit there and worry about a negative

there are scandalous buyers out there. i sell electronics. i have had buyers file a complaint "item not as described", to get their money back, and send me back an empty box. They still leave negative feedback. There is nothing i can do as a seller because ebay can care less about sellers even though sellers make ebay rich. I have had numerous buyers threaten to leave negative feedback or else. i told them, go ahead

It's all a risk. Stop fearing negative feedback because every seller has had or still has them. Do you believe the sellers with tons of feedback and they are all positive? I don't , because many sellers will pay buyers to remove negative feedback. See, buyers feel powerful when they can leave negative feedback. It makes them feel good about themselves since their powerless away from their computer. Some buyers bust a nut leaving negative feedback

Best you can do is have multiple stealth accounts which has been mentioned here thousands of times

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-03-2014 at 08:54 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Who cares about negative feedback?

The best is when you subcribe dirty buyers to tons of newsletters/ads/magazines/whatever and spam their mailing address with snail mail.

Haha, But really i try to focus my time on making money, not revenge.

You are right though, negative feedback is part of the game. Lots of accounts spread the damage. It's the way you need to play the game. Besides, even my accounts with the lowest feedback percentages still make the sales i need. Negative feedback used to really bother me. Now it's whatever.
Old 06-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I see where you are coming from, and I will only go so far to please a customer....as long as I do not feel as if I am being scammed. The times I have felt like I was getting scammed, I was being paranoid. Most people in this world are good, honest people.

As a seller, I feel it is my goal to set a level of customer satisfaction. I do not want to be the guy who was average. I wanna be the guy that was awesome. I know this is sounding really corny, but I want my LEGIT customers to be happy.

But to comment to your original post. Yes, sellers should care about neg fb. Stealthers should keep their accounts alive as long as possible. The longer it stays alive, the better FB and reputation they get. However, it is nice to be able to torch an account as it was a POS if you get too many.

Out of 19 active stealths, I have 1 neg fb. That was from an idiot who bought a snap-on 3pc iphone case from me. Unfortunately, the case was smarter than he was, so he gave up. So you cant fix stupid, but I pray it becomes legal to shoot them one day!
Old 06-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

I don't want people messing with them, put too much time and energy into each one. Especially in the US with 200/20k for stealth accounts. Not like if you get a negative you can auction off a bunch of cheap stuff to fluff up your feedback. Negatives really take a toll now. The game has changed from previous years.
Old 06-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

All about ratio - pump up with good feedback vs. 1 neg
Old 06-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I don't want people messing with them, put too much time and energy into each one. Especially in the US with 200/20k for stealth accounts. Not like if you get a negative you can auction off a bunch of cheap stuff to fluff up your feedback. Negatives really take a toll now. The game has changed from previous years.
Exactly.

Have to fight to stay on game.
Old 06-04-2014

Longevity: 59%

I try hard not to get negs, but if I do, I certainly don't worry about it for more than 30 seconds....I just work to get more positives...buyers don't freak out about 1 neg if you have plenty of positives.