If a buyer cancels a transaction before being refunded can they still open up a case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default If a buyer cancels a transaction before being refunded can they still open up a case

Can they still open up as case in paypal and or ebay?. Or does that void the buyer protection?. Also can they leave a review?.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: If a buyer cancels a transaction before being refunded can they still open up a c

I'm asking because of the huge amounts of scammers on ebay now for anything over 100. Low feed back nigerian over sea scum bags.
Old 11-26-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: If a buyer cancels a transaction before being refunded can they still open up a c

You are joking right?
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Does anyone know. I just got another scammer. These are all nigerian based scammers from their horrible grammer. If they canceled the transaction before refunding would they be able to do anything. Thanks. The celphone category is crawling with them now.
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Then you are as much to blame if you are not setting your buying criteria correctly.

Dont pollute here with bigotry.

Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 54%

What are you selling to attract these people
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
Can they still open up as case in paypal and or ebay?. Or does that void the buyer protection?. Also can they leave a review?.
Im a little confused to why you.asked your question. If they cancel transaction before being refunded, then a refund should be given irrespective of whether buyer protection is void or not.
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

roughly 30% of the buyers on the cellphone category are scammers Low feedback and 0 feedback buyers. They message you as soon as they buy a phone with god renching horrible English.. Phones basically. When people no longer give into these people they will go away. Does anyone know if I will still be obligated to refund if the transaction had been canceled by the buyer. What these people are using is stolen baank accounts I believe to pay for these.

I No longer want to give in. They ask for refund and move on to the next victim. So that it takes longer for the person to notice the stolen funds are missing from their accounts. It is shipped to someone in the U.s and that person who receives the phones sends money to wherever the scammer is through a untrackable transfer apparently. The original bank account holder see's missing funds and makes a charge back.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 12-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2014

Quote:
roughly 30% of the buyers on the cellphone category our scammers Low feedback and 0 feedback buyers. They message you as soon as they buy a phone with god renching horrible English.. Phones basically. When people no longer give into these people they will go away. Does anyone know if I will still be obligated to refund if the transaction had been canceled by the buyer. What these people are using is stolen baank accounts I believe to pay for these.
Perhaps calling scumbags is unfair as.you shouldnt tar all with the same.brush. There are scammers in ebery.country im sure.
If you have received payment, then i would have thought you returning that money back cannot see you in any trouble. Stolen bank account is not necessarily a definate.
Someone will correct me if im wrong but if you.have the funds as.payment and they no longer want item then just return what they sent to you.
Their banking.situation should not concern you.
Please guys correct me if im wrong.
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

But that does not solve the issue. THey keep coming back. Using stolen accounts. People need to stop refunding these scammers and stop sending items. This stops them from scamming someone els and gets them kicked off ebay again. Does anyone know?.
Old 12-02-2014

Ive never been in this situation to answer 100% and never suffered a chargeback either. Stickaaround for more help on this coz im relatively new.myself and learning as im going :-)
Old 12-02-2014
Threadstarter  

But that does not solve the issue. THey keep coming back. Using stolen accounts. People need to stop refunding these scammers and stop sending items. This stops them from scamming someone els and gets them kicked off ebay again. Does anyone know?.
Old 12-03-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Under Accounts go to Site Preference

Here you can adjust all your buyer preferences so that you can rid yourself of 90% of scammers if set Right

If your having so many Problems than Id suggest just selling Domestically, you will find that there are plenty of Buyers within the U.S. And you will avoid a lot of overseas scammers

I ship just within the 48 States as well, this will make shipping times faster, and chances of lost orders will decrease dramatically

Don't ship to PO Box , a lot of times if someone has a stolen credit card they will have merchandise shipped to a POBOX since you say you are being scammed I would eliminate this as well

Set all your buyer requirements as high as possible, only accept buyers with a verified PayPal account, with X amount of cases in a four month time set that standard high, of course no one with negative feedback, and also limit the amount of items a buyer can bid and buy within a 10 day period, I set mine to 2-3 items, and if you have a buyer that wants more, they will message you, and your able to notice who they are before making an exception or not allowing

I set all my preferences like this to the highest standards, I have never had a Charge Back or any major problems where I was scammed out of a expensive item

I ship within the 48 states using Priority Mail, so packages arrive quick usually within 2-3 days,

Now i may not have sales from all over the world but every sale counts, and none are scammers, that's one thing I never had a problem with after setting my buyer requirements and locations to a high standard, packages are easily tracked and delivered fast , which means accounts with paypal holds are lifted quick, no custom forms

I suggest you start off like this, and than once that goes well than if you want, maybe add Canada in or wherever, but there are plenty of buyers domestically that you probably won't need to ship international, especially with the ridiculous percentage of scammers you have, this is something that shouldn't overtake your thinking all day long
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

When are you going to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your listings??????

You control who buys off you.
You set your preferences so you avoid as much as possible scammers.

The correct term is GUT wrenching, not g-d wrenching. So stop complaining about others' English.

If you are also so bugged by these types, dont sell items that attract them.

Not rocket science.

Old 12-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Gut** this doesn't awnser my question. Surely someone's gotta know.
Old 12-03-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Buyers cant cancel trasactions, only sellers can.

Your question doent make sense.

Also, why would they open a case if they have been refunded?

They can leave negative feedback if a transaction is cancelled.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
roughly 30% of the buyers on the cellphone category are scammers Low feedback and 0 feedback buyers. They message you as soon as they buy a phone with god renching horrible English.. Phones basically. When people no longer give into these people they will go away. Does anyone know if I will still be obligated to refund if the transaction had been canceled by the buyer. What these people are using is stolen baank accounts I believe to pay for these.

I No longer want to give in. They ask for refund and move on to the next victim. So that it takes longer for the person to notice the stolen funds are missing from their accounts. It is shipped to someone in the U.s and that person who receives the phones sends money to wherever the scammer is through a untrackable transfer apparently. The original bank account holder see's missing funds and makes a charge back.
READ this rubbish. He wants to do business but have no issues if there is anything wrong with the account. He is asserting that they buyers are more than likely scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Buyers cant cancel trasactions, only sellers can.

Your question doent make sense.

Also, why would they open a case if they have been refunded?

They can leave negative feedback if a transaction is cancelled.
Read what i wrote after quoting his post.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Can still leave a review on cancelled transaction
Old 12-03-2014

Op i now designate you internet deputy, you get no perks and you pay with your time. Good luck I hope you can make a huge dent in the 200 zillion a year fraud game. Come on get real, i have been selling on ebay forever and i have had it all happen and i still never wanted to or pursued getting deputized. I was too busy trying to make money.
Old 12-03-2014

If you have not refunded the buyer can dispute the payment. And rules have changed slightly but if they pay and the transaction is cancelled they can leave feedback still