eBay is tracking computers - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: eBay is tracking computers

Saving pennies by using free services...overabused services...can lead to misery. Too true muzzie
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%

Yeah, Freestyle. The exact same thing happened to me once. I was selling Disney and reported a stupid buyer (for demanding a refund without returning) on a stealth account. I learned that no matter what, do not draw manual attention to your stealth account. I got in trouble, not the unreasonable buyer. It was stupid of me to do...just let people keep whatever insignificant amount of money from the transaction and preserve your account! Do not draw any attention to your account...I wouldn't call eBay or do anything that would bring a personal review of any kind.
Old 02-10-2015

Longevity: 53%

About eBay tracking your PC?

Do they keep track of your ' Name ' on the PC / Laptop?
Old 02-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosur View Post
About eBay tracking your PC?

Do they keep track of your ' Name ' on the PC / Laptop?
No - not at this time
Old 02-10-2015

Longevity: 74%

They could be linking your accounts rambo3 from same account activity another words in titles, pictures, descriptions, starting price, shipping price, and recently viewed all from accounts that are all in the same city of each other.

Also i want to say that i have been using different users accounts on my computer for years and years and never had a problem one time. i think i have even switched users and not logged completely logged off the user account a few times and still nothing.

Just to be safe i'll be sure to log completely off from now on if that is truly a way Ebay or Paypal can link you which i dont think it is but its better to be safe than sorry.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secret storm For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-10-2015), Rambo3 (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015

Longevity: 59%

Did they tell you why your account got deleted? I already had knew about never drawing attention so that was a very stupid mistake to report the buyer. I did it in the act of being mad at him. I haven't called and see if they would tell me anything on how they linked the other 6 though.
For you people that have multiple, do you have the accounts in all different cities? Or all in your city or a mix? I am being very different now in my posting titles, descriptions and pictures now, having each account's style written down in front of me to make sure I am totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valandhehe View Post
Yeah, Freestyle. The exact same thing happened to me once. I was selling Disney and reported a stupid buyer (for demanding a refund without returning) on a stealth account. I learned that no matter what, do not draw manual attention to your stealth account. I got in trouble, not the unreasonable buyer. It was stupid of me to do...just let people keep whatever insignificant amount of money from the transaction and preserve your account! Do not draw any attention to your account...I wouldn't call eBay or do anything that would bring a personal review of any kind.
Old 02-12-2015

Longevity: 59%

How many used items do you post on accounts before selling new? And when you do finally post new do you do quantity 1 for a while or can you do quantity 3?
I had just been setting up 3 accounts and the first 2 are fine but the 3rd one that I had just added a bank account to two days and and just sold 1 got suspended due to security concerns a half hour after I posted the 2nd item at like 1:20 am. I am guessing it has to be what I am posting. My first item i posted a Modern Family season 5 as good condition. 2nd item I posted Flashpoint seasons 1-6 complete quantity 3 as new(used default listing/picture). I know stupid me I need to sell more used first before posting anything new. And to start off with non risk items. I am going to buy several items that I can resell for startup items. I had changed my ebay password a few days after first logging into it 2 1/2 weeks ago.(It was aged almost 3 months when i changed it.) And changed my paypal pw the day before the suspension.

Based on what I just said it has to be due to the items sold you agree?
Could it be me logging in and posting at real early morning hours? And to not change the password for at least a month after first logging in.
What's weird is this time they didn't get all linked. Just this one.
Old 02-13-2015

If your account is small, never ever argue with buyers. It raises your chances of getting suspended to almost 100%, and lots of attention to your stealth is not what you want. For an old account, I still don't recommend any arguing with buyers, as they will win a dispute anyway.
Old 02-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post
When stealthing no matter how comfortable i may seem to get .. i make sure to double check everything. Even when working fast.. i slow down.

The only thing could be ips are all from one provider.. thats all i could think of. and that i am logging in back to back to back.

so your sayng you never go to IPBurger.com and track your ip addresses?
Old 02-15-2015

Ebay does npt track if IPs come from a single network. There are large mobile operator networks, where 1000s of people are sitting from one IP at a time, then switch. So they probably never use "same network" criteria when suspending, only the same IP for different offending accounts can be an issue.
Old 02-15-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Came to this business after 10+ yrs of a CEO position in a huge hosting company.
Yet you create a thread over a $1 negative paypal balance?

Quote:
Ebay does npt track if IPs come from a single network. There are large mobile operator networks, where 1000s of people are sitting from one IP at a time, then switch. So they probably never use "same network" criteria when suspending, only the same IP for different offending accounts can be an issue.
Really? Care to stake all your stealth accounts on this 'fact'? Are you telling me I no longer need to track my i.p's?
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Yet you create a thread over a $1 negative paypal balance?
Nice trolling out there, clap clap.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Care to stake all your stealth accounts on this 'fact'? Are you telling me I no longer need to track my i.p's?
IPs should be tracked, if they are from a very tiny range. If they are every day different, and are picked randomly from a total amount of 2000+ (large GMS operators or dialups), it is ok.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Nice trolling out there, clap clap.
Not trolling, just pulling you up over all the bad info you keep posting every day.
Old 02-15-2015

There are different approaches to ebay, every point of view here is subjective. For someone, one thing works, for other - something else.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
There are different approaches to ebay, every point of view here is subjective. For someone, one thing works, for other - something else.
Incorrect and flawed.