Shocked!! eBay ended my best listing for no reason!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Shocked!! eBay ended my best listing for no reason!!

Absolutely gutted. Just out of nowhere ebay have ended my listing. It was a good till canceled listing that has been running for nearly 12 months. Over 5000 sales on it and over 1300 watchers, i took a huge loss on it to get the sales going and managed to get it ranked right at the top of first page in best match. This one listing was about 60% of my total daily sales and all that hard work has gone just because eBay have ended it.

Don't understand why. I rang them up when I first started selling it and they asked me for supplier info and they said I'm fine selling it, and I ring ebay business team every month so they are aware I'm selling it. Any reason why they would just end this one out of all my listings? Nothing has changed on it.

Here is message I got from them

Hello xxxxxxxxxx,
After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Here are the listings we removed:
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Shocked!! eBay ended my best listing for no reason!!

I would call them and ask, if it was a mistake or glitch of some sort they might be able to restore the listing
Old 02-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ody12 View Post
I would call them and ask, if it was a mistake or glitch of some sort they might be able to restore the listing
So if they restore it will I get all my watchers and sales history back? Why do you think they were viewing it in first place all I'm thinking is maybe my competitors have been wrongly reporting it as it was ranked the highest and getting lots of sales.
Old 02-08-2015

Longevity: 64%

Which is possibly the reason... All the more reason to call and speak to someone.
Old 02-08-2015

Longevity: 59%

Dazzler, Call Ebay and ask them. If everything is legit, you should not have any problem w/ it...
Old 02-08-2015

You'll be fine.. Call eBay.. they'll get it back on for you.
As far as ranking & all the stats... not sure... idk?
Old 02-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice everyone I'm going to ring them in the morning. I'm confident it has been wrongly ended and That I'll be able to get it back on I'm just worried about all my sales history and ranking and 1300 watchers I had on the listing will be lost, worked very hard the past year will be gutted if they tell me I can't get it back how it was over the sake of 1 mistake.

I've got little but some hope they can restore it back to how it was. Has Anyone been in the same situation before where eBay have done this? Thanks
Old 02-08-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I have read the same story on the ebay forums.

I believe they can reinstate the listing in the same search position, but the watchers and sales history is lost.

That was the outcome if I remember correctly.
Old 02-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Been to busy to write back on this but I phoned eBay the next day and asked them why it was removed, the guy I spoke to didn't know and said there was not even any note left as to why it was ended. He then put me on hold for 15 minutes and came back and said it was ended to protect me as a lot of risky buyers were buying from it so they had to remove the buyers from eBay aswel as anything to do with them which included my listing.

I asked what he meant by risky buyers and asked does he mean the ones who are opening item not received cases against me when I've clearly sent the item out and he said yes that was one of the reasons. I told him I'm not bothered about the odd claim as it's only a couple every 100 I sell but now I'm down 40 sales a day and a lot worse off but he didn't get me and carried on going on how they take actions like this sometimes to protect sellers.

He said the listing can't be restored by themselves but I can relist it myself and the system will recognise all past sales history if I relist it within 24 hours from when it ended which I have done and it shot back up in best match after a couple of sales and now doing well but getting between 10-20 sales a day not as good as before but got to take it on the chin and move on now.

Oh and before I hung up he reassured me it will probably not happen again as it's very rare it does which only makes me believe someone from ebay f**ked up and he seen this himself before putting me on hold, speaking with a manager then coming back to me with some made up story how they done it to protect me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzler87 For This Useful Post:
aclarkdba (04-01-2015)