Wall Street Rumors say eBay is About to be Sold - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Wall Street Rumors say eBay is About to be Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbizus View Post
I'm agree with you, I was thinking again and yes, The last big acquisition from google was Motorola now they have their own phone manufacturer. Ebay/GWallet could be the next!
I actually wouldn't mind Google owning eBay. They own Youtube, and they haven't screwed it up.

I think it would actually change things for the better, honestly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbizus View Post
I'm agree with you, I was thinking again and yes, The last big acquisition from google was Motorola now they have their own phone manufacturer. Ebay/GWallet could be the next!
More incorrect information. Lenovo took over Motorola a while ago my friend. So no, it's not owned by the Googs...
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
More incorrect information. Lenovo took over Motorola a while ago my friend. So no, it's not owned by the Googs...
Not really. I think you are missing his implied point. Google did purchase Motorola then used it to develop the Android system. Then basically sold it off once they got operating system down.
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

If anybody is going to buy eBay, I can see it being Alibaba because it would improve their stronghold over sold goods. At the moment they dominate all of the east and if they could buy eBay, they could connect the two and have outlet for the west.
The problem that Alibaba has in the west is that they dont have a name to operate under and what better company to trade to the west than eBay- Every single person in western part of the world uses, knows or hates eBay.
Its the name that will unlock the doors that have remained closed.
Old 05-28-2015

Longevity: 78%

Most likely reason is someone that has worked for both companies is now with paypal after the change and wants to get rid of their ebay shares so invite a few old mates around to look around just to start the rumours so they can sell their ebay shares at a decent price just incase the company goes under after the split

But I would not be surprised if someone bought it out and a lot of the suggestions make perfect sense but i have no idea about the way the markets work so will just keep reading the speculation.
Old 05-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

If Alibaba were to purchase eBay, I could see a lot of changes and potentially a spin off of Aliexpress with them offering a wholesale supply chain as well.
Old 05-28-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
I definitely see Alibaba jumping on the purchase of eBay. I have no idea how they would implement both websites to work together though.
If you knew that, you would not be on ebay peddling stuff though bogus accounts!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lost in the Supermarket For This Useful Post:
pencey (05-29-2015)
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Not really. I think you are missing his implied point. Google did purchase Motorola then used it to develop the Android system. Then basically sold it off once they got operating system down.
What are you talking about? Android was created years before that purchase. If anything, they used it to jack a bunch of Moto patents, which they did before they sold it to Lenovo. It was not used to help them figure out how to develop Android. That doesn't even make any sense.
Old 06-06-2015

No one as of yet has spoken of the great American giant who waits in the wings. It could just be more simple then you think. Amazon. There business model relies on BIN fixed pricing but there are profits to be made in an established auction style business what would far too much for them to build from scratch. Just as Apple has recently cited as becoming the new pimco of corporate debt buyers and resellers at a large profit as they are sitting on hundreds of billions of dollars in liquidity Amazon also dabbles in private investment that can look like a private equity buyout but in reality it's always been a long played game of making people believe there is competition in favor of the consumer. In reality it's a mirage. It's false competition to profit at both ends if the game. Talk to any one that trades stocks institutionally that plays both ends of competing companies. A closer bet is on Amazon private equity owned or even Apple with all there billions in liquidity in hand.

Last edited by notorious Eby; 06-06-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious Eby View Post
No one as of yet has spoken of the great American giant who waits in the wings. It could just be more simple then you think. Amazon. There business model relies on BIN fixed pricing but there are profits to be made in an established auction style business what would far too much for them to build from scratch. Just as Apple has recently cited as becoming the new pimco of corporate debt buyers and resellers at a large profit as they are sitting on hundreds of billions of dollars in liquidity Amazon also dabbles in private investment that can look like a private equity buyout but in reality it's always been a long played game of making people believe there is competition in favor of the consumer. In reality it's a mirage. It's false competition to profit at both ends if the game. Talk to any one that trades stocks institutionally that plays both ends of competing companies. A closer bet is on Amazon private equity owned or even Apple with all there billions in liquidity in hand.
Someone who has obviously never heard of the term "antitrust".
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I think that's why ebay bumped up their auction price from 30 cents to a dollar thirty.
They wanted to boost their bottom line on paper for a possible higher price when sold.
Old 06-06-2015
Banned

OMG, What are the chances of eBay getting sold to Alibaba?