Increasing selling limits on a new eBay account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Increasing selling limits on a new eBay account

Also, I know most of you are unaware, because you think the boogyman is going to get you if you call eBay, but when you call eBay, they put notations on your account that the next rep can see (whether it's for a phone call or an account review). In other words, eBay will know you called and the general outcome of the call.

It's my theory that the more "reviews" your account "passes" the stronger and less likely to be suspended it will be. If the general theory that stealth accounts never get reviewed by a human being is correct (which I highly doubt, otherwise their would be a predictable algorithm to the "random" limit increases, which their isn't), than the inevitable review from a live eBay employee for you-name-the-cause (Buyer Protection case, DSR's, etc) are just as likely to kill your account as John the eBay Account Increase Rep is. Better to get it done and over with day 1 than have it being an important asset and killed on year 2 because they realized the account had ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info.

Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

No one has said that calling eBay is the boogyman... I have never seen anyone say this.

But its not the best way to operate a stealth account which is what a lot of people do say
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Play (06-06-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Welcome aboard! Limits nowadays can get increased pretty quickly just by selling to the limit and getting a few good feedbacks. Or if you want a high limit package right away can always buy an account. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Welcome aboard! Limits nowadays can get increased pretty quickly just by selling to the limit and getting a few good feedbacks. Or if you want a high limit package right away can always buy an account. Good luck!
I understand that you don't want to share your "secrets" but please don't rush me to purchase an OVER priced package from you or the other suppliers while not providing any help.
Thank you anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to returnix For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-06-2015)
Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnix View Post
I understand that you don't want to share your "secrets" but please don't rush me to purchase an OVER priced package from you or the other suppliers while not providing any help.
Thank you anyway
how do you know its overpriced?
i didnt see where he rushed you..
Old 06-06-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote:
Thank you anyway
He was simply providing you with an alternative to all the other solutions others had put forward. No point in him reiterating what others said?

Anyway, welcome to the forums and you will soon learn that there is so much to learn.

Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

Quote:
Thank you anyway

Sorry to poke my nose in again, but the guy just shared his knowledge with you and its a good bit of information.

The sellers on here are not micky mouse characters and do not push for anything, infact they help out a lot.

The community here are great so don't worry about that sort of stuff.

As he said, you can increase your limits yourself with patients and stuff or if you cant wait, you have to spend money to buy an account.

I am sure there are a few other ways, but what ever you choose, it will take time and effort and maybe some money to make money.

I spent weeks and weeks reading around on this forum and wham bham, it all work out great.

Nose poker is out X
Old 06-06-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oven.hot.pizza View Post
I spent weeks and weeks reading around on this forum and wham bham, it all work out great.
I spent 3 years reading around this forum and I think its safe to say, this stealth business is very dynamic and is a constant learning curve. Even to this day I learn something new every time I read around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-06-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
No one has said that calling eBay is the boogyman... I have never seen anyone say this.
I think it's obvious that I was exaggerating for effect.

Quote:
But its not the best way to operate a stealth account which is what a lot of people do say
There is 0 evidence to support this claim.

Quote:
Not contributing to the members question at all. Just promoting your own product. Hmm....

Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
how do you know its overpriced?
Because 300 dollars an hour is more money than most high paying professional fields with a Masters degree or equivalent pay.

Quote:
As he said, you can increase your limits yourself with patients and stuff or if you cant wait, you have to spend money to buy an account.

I am sure there are a few other ways, but what ever you choose, it will take time and effort and maybe some money to make money.
He could, or he could get an instant increase by calling eBay.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ng-limits.html
target1 (10-07-2017)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
or he could be suspended pending ID verification...can't recommend to call eB
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

'Coughs'.... GOA makes that claim when he is putting the rest of the forum down.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
or he could be suspended pending ID verification...can't recommend to call eB
Had it happen ONCE in 30+ calls for different accounts. The rep even increased my limits to 50 items per month, the ID required for FUTURE increases. Easily fixed anyway.

Quote:
'Coughs'.... GOA makes that claim when he is putting the rest of the forum down.
What can I say....I learned from the best! Aspkins finest.
Old 06-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I think it's obvious that I was exaggerating for effect.

There is 0 evidence to support this claim.

Not contributing to the members question at all. Just promoting your own product. Hmm....

Exactly.

Because 300 dollars an hour is more money than most high paying professional fields with a Masters degree or equivalent pay.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ng-limits.html
I did not try to sound rude, I just tried to say exactly what this guy meant. No one has a "special method" probably, and this is tis is it. This is what I looked for, the knowledge that you CAN get a raise by calling in on a new account, as I tought it is not possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to returnix For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-06-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I did not try to sound rude, I just tried to say exactly what this guy meant. No one has a "special method" probably, and this is tis is it. This is what I looked for, the knowledge that you CAN get a raise by calling in on a new account, as I tought it is not possible.
It's VERY possible, and if you have any doubts, PM me and I'll send you proof.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-11-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's VERY possible, and if you have any doubts, PM me and I'll send you proof
GoA, I know you had your disputes with some account sellers, but that does not speak for all account sellers on this forum. My main purpose on this forum has been and always will be to help ppl who need help, not just myself by selling accounts. I have explained to many ppl how to create accounts as opposed to selling them an account. I have never demanded any post or threads by you to be taken down, nor have i felt threatened by any post you have made in regards to how you make accounts or how you like to call in on accounts. Please do not generalize all account sellers together in a single group. We are all individuals with varying opinons

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-11-2015 at 04:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
galigusso (07-17-2015)
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
GoA, I know you had your disputes with some account sellers, but that does not speak for all account sellers on this forum. My main purpose on this forum has been and always will be to help ppl who need help, not just myself by selling accounts. I have explained to many ppl how to create accounts as opposed to selling them an account. I have never demanded any post or threads by you to be taken down, nor have i felt threatened by any post you have made in regards to how you make accounts or how you like to call in on accounts. Please do not generalize all account sellers together in a single group. We are all individuals with varying opinons
My apologies bjammin.

You're correct...it was wrong of me to group all "account sellers" as one entity. Just because you do the same or similar things on this forum, does NOT mean you all agree on certain viewpoints.

I'm not going to name any specific names (you know who you are) but MOST of my staunch criticizers HAPPEN to be account sellers, however, the vast MAJORITY of account sellers here have NEVER criticized me. I'd like to publicly apologize to all those who haven't spoken down to me who I inadvertently insulted by painting them as "guilty by association" via the way I spoke in generalities. In the future, I will do my best to insure I don't blame parties who are not involved.

I have updated my previous post to clarify this intent.
bjammin (06-06-2015), Play (06-06-2015)
Old 06-11-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:

Just as with my other comment before, I'll add in to this one as well. This forum's mantra is " never call ebay unless you absolutely have to".... That sure sounds like a boogyman to me. They specifically denounce the practice entirely, unless you're account is going down anyways. Are we reading the same forum here?
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Not totally correct there. I am not saying to not call them, I am however saying that doing so is a risk that does not really need to be taken.

Why take an unnecessary risk? If you wish to go ahead and ring them anyway that is totally fine, but you may get your account shut down or get an ID request. It does happen.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not totally correct there. I am not saying to not call them, I am however saying that doing so is a risk that does not really need to be taken.

Why take an unnecessary risk? If you wish to go ahead and ring them anyway that is totally fine, but you may get your account shut down or get an ID request. It does happen.
EVERYTHING in life is a risk.

In the US, per the PATRIOT ACT, any US citizen utilizing basic Stealth procedure COULD be charged with identity theft. I can't speak for other countries, but here that's a fact.

Now, is it LIKELY to happen? Hardly. Slim chance. BUT, it COULD.

My point is, everything you do in life is a risk. Simply driving your car to the grocery store is a risk. You could get hit by a drunk driver and be killed on impact. HOWEVER, you take proper action to minimize the chances and you do it anyways, because the reward outweighs the risk.

TL;DR Everything in life is a risk. Individually we must decide whether or not to take such risk.
Old 06-11-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:

I don't think GOA is replying with the thought in mind that advice in the forum is mainly given and will be used by members that are fairly new to stealth and dont have much experience dealing with eBay and the ins and outs of how they operate

When advice is given its given in the more conservative path that will help the majority of the members because everyone here is on different levels in their operations with Stealth

I feel he takes this approach as it being an Agenda for personal gain and not as advice to help all levels of stealth operators to operate and gain the highest success

The Advice given will give a strong foundation for operations and will get members up and running the fastest and safest way.

Members come here and are desperate to get back on because their income may have been totally cut off in many situations. And the advice given will get the new members on using a conservative approach , that may move slower with limits, but it's a solid method, and will get u selling and building multiple accounts

Than once you are up and running and have an income stream back, that's when you can make accounts and set them aside for experimenting , and pushing the limits, whether it would be calling in or whatever.

But telling a member that may have no experience to call in to get limits increased and than force that information down everyone's throats, is just bad advice. It takes into account nothing about the experience of the member, what they are selling, nothing, it's just a bad piece advice that is given and preached like it will be affective 100% of the time no matter what u sell and what your experience

For someone That is in need to get income coming in , this advice could set them back again another month or months

At the start it's best to build more accounts operate conservative, and after 90 days you can have 10 accounts all operating with instant payments and nice natural limit raises, where if someone calls in they could be at the 60 day mark selling a branded item and they decide to call in and get hit with ID verification , invoices, etc

And than if eBay doesn't like their supplier or whatever they are now back to day 1 instead of day 60
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (06-11-2015), MRWOW (04-22-2017)
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Very well said Dmshark25
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
But telling a member that may have no experience to call in to get limits increased and than force that information down everyone's throats, is just bad advice. It takes into account nothing about the experience of the member, what they are selling, nothing, it's just a bad piece advice that is given and preached like it will be affective 100% of the time no matter what u sell and what your experience
The exact same principle applies to telling members never to call.

Quote:
For someone That is in need to get income coming in , this advice could set them back again another month or months
Again, waiting for "natural" limit increases means the member will wait months 90% of the time to get decent selling limits.

Quote:
where if someone calls in they could be at the 60 day mark selling a branded item and they decide to call in and get hit with ID verification , invoices, etc

And than if eBay doesn't like their supplier or whatever they are now back to day 1 instead of day 60
Which is exactly why I advise calling DAY 1 for limit increases. If your brand new account is toast, oh well, you lost an hour tops plus your phone/VCC.

Change the phone # for free (4 times per year with Net10 and Tracfones) and Entropay only charges 20 cents to transfer funds to a new card.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 06-11-2015 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
james13v (06-11-2015)
Closed Thread