Increasing selling limits on a new eBay account - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Increasing selling limits on a new eBay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I don't think GOA is replying with the thought in mind that advice in the forum is mainly given and will be used by members that are fairly new to stealth and dont have much experience dealing with eBay and the ins and outs of how they operate

When advice is given its given in the more conservative path that will help the majority of the members because everyone here is on different levels in their operations with Stealth

I feel he takes this approach as it being an Agenda for personal gain and not as advice to help all levels of stealth operators to operate and gain the highest success

The Advice given will give a strong foundation for operations and will get members up and running the fastest and safest way.

Members come here and are desperate to get back on because their income may have been totally cut off in many situations. And the advice given will get the new members on using a conservative approach , that may move slower with limits, but it's a solid method, and will get u selling and building multiple accounts

Than once you are up and running and have an income stream back, that's when you can make accounts and set them aside for experimenting , and pushing the limits, whether it would be calling in or whatever.

But telling a member that may have no experience to call in to get limits increased and than force that information down everyone's throats, is just bad advice. It takes into account nothing about the experience of the member, what they are selling, nothing, it's just a bad piece advice that is given and preached like it will be affective 100% of the time no matter what u sell and what your experience

For someone That is in need to get income coming in , this advice could set them back again another month or months

At the start it's best to build more accounts operate conservative, and after 90 days you can have 10 accounts all operating with instant payments and nice natural limit raises, where if someone calls in they could be at the 60 day mark selling a branded item and they decide to call in and get hit with ID verification , invoices, etc

And than if eBay doesn't like their supplier or whatever they are now back to day 1 instead of day 60
Everything you've just said, can also used to be argued for why someone SHOULD call in. Someone that's just lost all their income, is supposed to open up dozens of tiny 10 item accounts and wait months? Instead of calling in and possibly getting an increase right away? As long as their accounts aren't linked, there is nothing to worry about except POSSIBLY losing an account because they stuttered. A conservative approach is great for someone willing and able to start off slow and wait. If you're desperate because you've just lost your income, you aren't going to be conservative.

If you have 10 accounts to play around with ( and I agree with GOA here), then calling in to get all 10 up high, very quickly, and risking one, is better than sitting on 10 accounts for months, and possibly getting them raised. While you sit there with your thumb up your ass, because you can't sell your inventory for 60-90 days....
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-11-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2015
Banned

Longevity: 58%

To DM's point - try listing some Dre Beats 5 minutes after you created the account and see what the rep says when you try and get an increase, and yes I do get that exact question asked on a daily basis. This is why the conservative approach helps everyone, on all levels.
Also, you will not get increases over 100 items if you call in, it wont happen. If you try they will forward you to the limits team and they will automatically ask for docs or database questions. At that point your account is as good as dead.
But here is a brain tickler - I am able to increase any account (as long as it is not banned or limited) to 100/5000 limits, even 0/0 accounts. There is much to learn about stealth, it can be so complex and so easy all at the same time.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Everything you've just said, can also used to be argued for why someone SHOULD call in. Someone that's just lost all their income, is supposed to open up dozens of tiny 10 item accounts and wait months? Instead of calling in and possibly getting an increase right away? As long as their accounts aren't linked, there is nothing to worry about except POSSIBLY losing an account because they stuttered. A conservative approach is great for someone willing and able to start off slow and wait. If you're desperate because you've just lost your income, you aren't going to be conservative.

If you have 10 accounts to play around with ( and I agree with GOA here), then calling in to get all 10 up high, very quickly, and risking one, is better than sitting on 10 accounts for months, and possibly getting them raised. While you sit there with your thumb up your ass, because you can't sell your inventory for 60-90 days....
The main issue with telling members to create 10 accounts and wait it out is it does not take into consideration that particular members situation.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-11-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox20c View Post
To DM's point - try listing some Dre Beats 5 minutes after you created the account and see what the rep says when you try and get an increase, and yes I do get that exact question asked on a daily basis. This is why the conservative approach helps everyone, on all levels.
Calling or not, I have NEVER advised anyone to sell high risk items, ESPECIALLY on a new account. Whether you call or not, selling Dre Beats on a new account is a kiss of death. Your example is completely irrelevant to the situation.

Quote:
Also, you will not get increases over 100 items if you call in, it wont happen. If you try they will forward you to the limits team and they will automatically ask for docs or database questions. At that point your account is as good as dead.
FALSE! I've gotten increases above that. Increases from phone calls are always related to your current limits. It's all RELITAVE. They increase up to a certain percentage of your current limits, no more. If you have an account selling 1000 items per month (that you increased through calls) they will give you more than a measly 10% increase, especially if your metrics warrant it.

Quote:
But here is a brain tickler - I am able to increase any account (as long as it is not banned or limited) to 100/5000 limits, even 0/0 accounts. There is much to learn about stealth, it can be so complex and so easy all at the same time.
Yes, so am I, by calling eBay. Unless you have a method to share, stop bragging.
Old 06-11-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

When starting a new account, even if you call and get say 100/5000, if you actually sell $5000 the first or second month and push the account, you will most likely get shut down

So pushing limits on an account that u just made and called and received an increase will most likely result in more wasted time

The sure way is to open say 10 accounts and have 10/1000 limits, and you could make more money from those low limit accounts in the first months with much lower the risk than if you max out the one account that u just got raised to 100/5000

And than after 90 days you will have 10 Accounts with at least 100/5000 limits no paypal holds and nice income coming in, and under the radar

So to say you will make more money from a high limit account that is new could be correct, but chances are it would be suspended if u reach the high limits the first month and u will need to start over again

Last edited by Dmshark25; 06-11-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
When starting a new account, even if you call and get say 100/5000, if you actually sell $5000 the first or second month and push the account, you will most likely get **** down
If that happens, you need to examine your business practices.

Quote:
So pushing limits on an account that u just made and called and received an increase will most likely result in more wasted time
If you have shoddy business practices yes. eBay calculates the risk. If you are doing stupid things, and selling risky stuff, you WILL be shut-down. Even if you purchase an account form the forums.

Quote:
The sure way is to open say 10 accounts and have 10/1000 limits, and you could make more money from those low limit accounts in the first months with much lower the risk than if you max out the one account that u just got raised to 100/5000

And than after 90 days you will have 10 Accounts with at least 100/5000 limits no paypal holds and nice income coming in, and under the radar
Not every member has access to 10 IPs. Some people live in the sticks, where there's no 3G signals. Some have static IPs. Some don't have the funds to pay for 10 fresh dedicated VPNs.

Quote:
So to say you will make more money from a high limit account that is new could be correct, but chances are high it would be suspended if u reach the high limits the first month and u will need to start over again
Again, if this has been your experience, I suggest you review your business practices and revise them.

Not trying to sound like a know it all or be a jerk, but please, do some research. I've tested my method thoroughly.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-11-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
If that happens, you need to examine your business practices.

If you have shoddy business practices yes. eBay calculates the risk. If you are doing stupid things, and selling risky stuff, you WILL be shut-down. Even if you purchase an account form the forums.

Not every member has access to 10 IPs. Some people live in the sticks, where there's no 3G signals. Some have static IPs. Some don't have the funds to pay for 10 fresh dedicated VPNs.

Again, if this has been your experience, I suggest you review your business practices and revise them.

I agree with what you are saying here, and like I said your advice is specific and not a solid fact

You could be 100% right and I could have a terrible business plan and everything else, you said

That's my point, a lot of members do not run a perfect high level operation that you run, and think hey if GOA calls in and it works than I'll call in to

But my business plan and knowledge is terrible compared to you, so for me to call in is a bad move, but for you to call in its the best.

You can't generalize that everyone has the operations and knowledge that u have
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I agree with what you are saying here, and like I said your advice is specific and not a solid fact

You could be 100% right and I could have a terrible business plan and everything else, you said
Let me stop you right there....I've read several of your posts. You are a VERY knowledgeable forum member. I was NOT insulting you or putting you down. This conversation is not personal.

What I was saying is that NO MATTER WHAT, if you sell "risky" items or practice "risky" behaviors on a newish account, it WILL be shut down. Not saying that YOU personally don't know how to sell, I'm saying that NEW accounts cannot take that heat, period. I have NEVER disputed this!

Quote:
That's my point, a lot of members do not run a perfect high level operation that you run, and think hey if GOA calls in and it works than I'll call in to

But my business plan and knowledge is terrible compared to you, so for me to call in is a bad move, but for you to call in its the best.
See above!

Quote:
You can't generalize that everyone has the operations and knowledge that u have
My advice is VERY specific. I give advice about ONE area of knowledge....limit increases on eBay. This advice stands ON IT'S OWN, and assumes that a member KNOW'S (or will QUICKLY learn) not to sell high-risk items on new accounts. It's in the book, it's all over the forums. I don't feel like I need to type it out every post I make.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

I think it would be best to say that your advise is to call under very certian critera.

1 - Memeber is willing to take the risk
2 - Memeber is confident on the phone
3 - Memeber is not selling anything remotely high risk
4 - Memeber is looking to get higher limits ASAP

Feel free to add this this criteria. It may help members decide if calling is for them becuase a lot of the time calling may not be the right move for a member and we need to ensure members are given the best possible advise for their personal situation.
Old 06-11-2015

I didn't take it as an insult, I was just showing you that not everyone runs there operations in a solid way.

And you can't Assume , there are many members in this forum, some have no idea what an IP is others are running 100s of stealth accounts successfully

Your advice is for more experienced users, and by giving that advice out you are speaking to all members that may have operations that u may cringe over

So you can't generalize statements here, we are trying to give advice to help members get back to selling

The ones that need the help are mostly members in a panicked state needing to get back and make income right away, and these members are the ones that have the least knowledge and should be given a more conservative approach rather than the advanced knowledge you are giving
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I think it would be best to say that your advise is to call under very certian critera.

1 - Memeber is willing to take the risk
2 - Memeber is confident on the phone
3 - Memeber is not selling anything remotely high risk
4 - Memeber is looking to get higher limits ASAP

Feel free to add this this criteria. It may help members decide if calling is for them becuase a lot of the time calling may not be the right move for a member and we need to ensure members are given the best possible advise for their personal situation.
Very well put. Thank you James!

The only thing I have to add is that for me, personally, I prefer to have two "main" accounts that I do 90% of my selling on. I don't like managing 10 different accounts, its a hassle and headache. BUT, I also realize that putting your eggs in one basket is bad practice. So I have two. If one of the "mains" is gone, I move one of the backups into rotation. Both my "Mains" have limits above 100 items per month, which was achieved in exactly 50 days from account creation.

Long story short:

Calling is great for members who prefer to manage one, two, or three "big" accounts as opposed to a dozen or so "small" ones. This is by no means exclusive, however.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I didn't take it as an insult, I was just showing you that not everyone runs there operations in a solid way.

And you can't Assume , there are many members in this forum, some have no idea what an IP is others are running 100s of stealth accounts successfully
Quote:
Your advice is for more experienced users, and by giving that advice out you are speaking to all members that may have operations that u may cringe over
My advice is for everyone. An inexperienced user could gain just as much, and in fact, I would argue MORE, than an experienced one.

Here's an example: Experienced member knows the ins and outs of eBay tracking. He/she is paranoid, so he/she runs 25 different accounts, each with a dedicated phone, VPN, Vanilla gift card, etc etc. What does he/she need with calling eBay?

Newbie, on the other hand, always had ONE account. Then he decided to buy some stuff off of Aliexpress. BAM! Account shutdown.

Newbie knows his account was killed due to phakes. He made a mistake out of ignorance and learned his lesson. He isn't interested in running 10 different accounts. He wants ONE account. He doesn't want to pay for all this extra crap, and have this headache and hassle.

He can create ONE account, have ONE IP change, ONE phone, etc etc and call eBay to get decent limits day 1.

Now, EVERYONE (myself included!) will advise newbie to have at LEAST two backups on the bench. However, ASSUMING everyone desires or SHOULD have multiple stealth's being managed at all times is very arrogant.

Quote:
So you can't generalize statements here, we are trying to give advice to help members get back to selling
See above.

Quote:
The ones that need the help are mostly members in a panicked state needing to get back and make income right away, and these members are the ones that have the least knowledge and should be given a more conservative approach rather than the advanced knowledge you are giving
See above.
Old 06-11-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
My advice is for everyone. An inexperienced user could gain just as much, and in fact, I would argue MORE, than an experienced one.

Here's an example: Experienced member knows the ins and outs of eBay tracking. He/she is paranoid, so he/she runs 25 different accounts, each with a dedicated phone, VPN, Vanilla gift card, etc etc. What does he/she need with calling eBay?

Newbie, on the other hand, always had ONE account. Then he decided to buy some stuff off of Aliexpress. BAM! Account shutdown.

Newbie knows his account was killed due to phakes. He made a mistake out of ignorance and learned his lesson. He isn't interested in running 10 different accounts. He wants ONE account. He doesn't want to pay for all this extra crap, and have this headache and hassle.

He can create ONE account, have ONE IP change, ONE phone, etc etc and call eBay to get decent limits day 1.

Now, EVERYONE (myself included!) will advise newbie to have at LEAST two backups on the bench. However, ASSUMING everyone desires or SHOULD have multiple stealth's being managed at all times is very arrogant.

See above.

See above.
And that's me. I just want a few good accounts. I don't want the headache of running 10 or more accounts. I made the mistake of having only one main account, and another that is 10% of the limit of my main one. And my main ones limit got cut by 3/4.... And because of this freaken forum, I'm scared ****less to call in and increase my 10% account.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
And that's me. I just want a few good accounts. I don't want the headache of running 10 or more accounts. I made the mistake of having only one main account, and another that is 10% of the limit of my main one. And my main ones limit got cut by 3/4.... And because of this freaken forum, I'm scared ****less to call in and increase my 10% account.
Just so no one jumps down my throat....

If you match the criteria James kindly listed above, there is a ton of great advice regarding calling eBay for limit increases in my signature...
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
"Mains" have limits above 100 items per month, which was achieved in exactly 50 days from account creation
Umm... That's odd.

I've read bits on forum and tried to compare US and UK Account limits and it seems that UK accounts get lower limits and they don't tend to bump them as fast and as high as US accounts... BUT...

I've got 6 out of 10 accounts with over 100 limits during their first two months of selling as well, other 4 accounts are 90 limit accounts- slower sellers.
I got these limits by just listing items, never had to make a phonecall or anything. Two account went from 10 to 40 and then from 40 to 100+ in less than 50 days.

Sometimes you talk about the calling in like a magical thing that will get you 500-1000 item limits QUICKLY, but based on your numbers then the limit increases you are achieving by calling in are not a lot different than just normal "list to limit and wait" method.

I don't think calling in is bad, but I don't think just listing items is bad either. I will most likely try calling in, in the future. But, I feel, that in order to get a SOLID selling operation back online, I believe its important to minimize the risk and maximise the potential.

Calling in does not fall into "minimize the risk" category, when starting off with stealth.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
I've got 6 out of 10 accounts with over 100 limits during their first two months of selling as well, other 4 accounts are 90 limit accounts- slower sellers.
I got these limits by just listing items, never had to make a phonecall or anything. Two account went from 10 to 40 and then from 40 to 100+ in less than 50 days.
I did not specify the exact item limit. I stated broadly "above 100 items".

Day 1 my accounts achieve 50 items. Do yours? Doubtful.

Quote:
Sometimes you talk about the calling in like a magical thing that will get you 500-1000 item limits QUICKLY, but based on your numbers then the limit increases you are achieving by calling in are not a lot different than just normal "list to limit and wait" method.
Never did I state or imply that you could reach 1000 items per month quickly. I said that you can reach acceptable selling limits on day ONE. 5 or 10 items per month is NOT acceptable to anyone running any type of real business on eBay.

Quote:
I don't think calling in is bad, but I don't think just listing items is bad either. I will most likely try calling in, in the future. But, I feel, that in order to get a SOLID selling operation back online, I believe its important to minimize the risk and maximise the potential.

Calling in does not fall into "minimize the risk" category, when starting off with stealth.
You are of course, free to your opinion. But I would like to ask what evidence you have that supports "calling eBay will not result in a solid account."
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
Just so no one jumps down my throat....

If you match the criteria James kindly listed above, there is a ton of great advice regarding calling eBay for limit increases in my signature...
Exactly your advice with that criteria makes sense, but without that and by assuming everyone knows that your advice depends on the criteria can be dangerous, that's all

An experienced user will already know calling in with that criteria makes sense but, a new member hearing calling in without u listing the criteria will interpret that in a way that could put there account at risk, that's all everyone is saying

No one is against calling in if it's done correctly , that advice needs to be explained in detail because it could also be dangerous if someone reads that and thinks it applies no matter what even if it goes against the points you and Jeff agree on
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Exactly your advice with that criteria makes sense, but without that and by assuming everyone knows that your advice depends on the criteria can be dangerous, that's all

An experienced user will already know calling in with that criteria makes sense but, a new member hearing calling in without u listing the criteria will interpret that in a way that could put there account at risk, that's all everyone is saying

No one is against calling in if it's done correctly , that advice needs to be explained in detail because it could also be dangerous if someone reads that and thinks it applies no matter what even if it goes against the points you and Jeff agree on
I have more posts than I can count where I offer disclaimers.

Where are the disclaimers about how long it takes to get limit increases "naturally"?

I bet if I did a search I'd find more threads complaining about not getting limit increases than I would about accounts being shut-down due to calling.

Just saying.
Old 06-11-2015

People like to tell about the good and not so much the Bad , just the way it is
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
People like to tell about the good and not so much the Bad , just the way it is
Agreed.

The bottom line is this: BOTH methods have their merits, and based on what I've read, once you've become an expert at account creation, you can get amazing limits at the start (account sellers claim to be able to get 1000 items on a new account, or rather, when the start the "seller" portion).

My advice, contrary to popular opinion, is MUCH more beneficial to NEW stealth members than experts.
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
Agreed.

The bottom line is this: BOTH methods have their merits, and based on what I've read, once you've become an expert at account creation, you can get amazing limits at the start (account sellers claim to be able to get 1000 items on a new account, or rather, when the start the "seller" portion).

My advice, contrary to popular opinion, is MUCH more beneficial to NEW stealth members than experts.
I make all my account high limits to start, but I think it is more a mental thing than anything else, because I'd never just burn through limits within the first 90 Days, it usually results in a suspended account, when you make accounts with big limits and try to reach them limits right away.

And if I have an account that I didn't raise the limits and its 10/1000 by the 90 day Mark it's usually at 500/15000 anyway

But it's nice to see big limits whether I use them right away or not
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I make all my account high limits to start, but I think it is more a mental thing than anything else, because I'd never just burn through limits within the first 90 Days, it usually results in a suspended account, when you make accounts with big limits and try to reach them limits right away.

And if I have an account that I didn't raise the limits and its 10/1000 by the 90 day Mark it's usually at 500/15000 anyway

But it's nice to see big limits whether I use them right away or not
Would you be so kind as to share how you achieve this?

If what you're saying is true, there are A LOT of members who would LOVE to hear your version of the gospel.

Edit: This is a rhetorical question. Obviously making the info public would lead to a quick patch by eBay, thus eliminating it for everyone.

My point is this: It's easier and more accessible to get limit increases by calling than spending months or years learning how to find the glitch that gives high limits. If it were easy to do, we'd have a lot more account sellers.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 06-12-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Closed Thread