How Long Before Listing VERO Items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default How Long Before Listing VERO Items?

I have several stealth accounts now (so easy when you figure it out ) and I would like to liquidate some items that I was selling on my now suspended eBay account.

I have several authentic Speck iPhone 5 cases. Most of my accounts were created in March 2015 - so like 4 months ago. Are these aged enough to sell an item like this without running into problems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: How Long Before Listing VERO Items?

Mobile Accessories is a tight category to sell in. Have you sold anything on these accounts before?

If you start selling Mobile Accessories, I'm pretty sure you'll get hit with a 5/5000 limit.
Old 07-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
I have several stealth accounts now (so easy when you figure it out ) and I would like to liquidate some items that I was selling on my now suspended eBay account.

I have several authentic Speck iPhone 5 cases. Most of my accounts were created in March 2015 - so like 4 months ago. Are these aged enough to sell an item like this without running into problems?
You will never not run into problems with VER0 items. Either the Ver0 agent has it taken down or they do not. It doesnt matter if your item(s) are legit or not. There is no amount of time that can make it any safer. Hopefully, you have sold enough for long enough so you are getting instant payments. At least that way, if PayPal decides to limit your account, you have a chance of getting your funds withdrawn first.
Old 07-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

VERO is a vague term.

If you have a business and you buy goods and can supply reciepts and proof of business when either ebay or paypal ask for it then many vero items are fine. Now if you are selling cake and can not do any of those other things then you will always have problems.

If you want to sell microsoft etc.. even if you bough directly from the manufacturer you will have issues because they are not readily allowed to be sold on ebay.
Old 07-27-2015

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

I wouldn't suggest testing those waters. But if you must, just be sure to immediately kill it off if they send you a notice of vero. I had it happen with a legit as you can get pair of ray bans. No amount of description or pictures will save you. The bot only keys in on account details and keywords.
Old 07-27-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Vero is testy my friend so be careful no matter what you do! Do you have recipts for your items? If so then I would scan them and save them in a safe place. I have sold legit vero items before and they asked me to fax in a copy of the recipt (depending on the amount your selling they may also ask for an "invoice" ) but its all the same...they just want proof that the items your selling are legit. However its best if you have 25+ positive feedbacks and no limits with paypal
Old 07-27-2015

Longevity: 53%

Generally, VERO can be traded only if you have all both EB and PP fully verified (ID accepted, of course), and you have invoices that seem legit, AND your account has some positive history without any feedback that puts doubts on your items. Moreover, VERO can kill you just because they don't want you to trade their brand, as VERO owner can kill any lot at ebay that contains his trademark in it. My friend is a VERO, each day he scrolls through new listings and reports them all, and then gets tons of letters from affected sellers, who do not understand why he kills them. And the answer is simple - he just wants a monopoly on the brand he owns.
Old 07-27-2015

Longevity: 73%

If it weren't for VERO we would all be rich :P
Old 07-28-2015

Longevity: 52%

Vero is very slippery my friend, be carefull because you can lose your accounts very easily.

I lost many accounts because of it, i always try to call ebay and ask why me but not Him? ( other sellers that sell same stuff) and the answer is always the same : their time will come up too.
Old 07-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG6 View Post
Vero is very slippery my friend, be carefull because you can lose your accounts very easily.

I lost many accounts because of it, i always try to call ebay and ask why me but not Him? ( other sellers that sell same stuff) and the answer is always the same : their time will come up too.
But their time rarely comes up. It's crazy. My original account got hit with a vero ban, all the while, there was couple other people selling the same stuff. They are all still not banned, years later! I think I was targeted and singled out by an angry buyer.
Old 07-30-2015

Longevity: 50%

It's always tricky selling VeRO items. I sold some questionable items for over a year and had my listings taken down multiple times but with no negative effect on my selling account (except the listing fees). Even when one of my account went Below Standard for several months, I didn't experience any consequences. I got my selling limit lowered on the account that was below standard but it was hardly anything to cry about. It is only when I got 1 feedback because of a super vindictive buyer that I suddenly started seeing a string of negative feedback on my account.

I got 5-6 neg feedback and return for count*rfeit/f*ke (I sell designer sample items with defect) in the span of a week and it set up alarms with ebay. I guess some of my buyers must have reported me too. Now my account is being reviewed and I was asked to submit ID, bank statement, and invoices. I am already working on getting new stealth accounts.

TBH, ebay seems very finicky with their policies. I was able to get away with it for a year and now I'm planning my next moves to ease back into the system.