Help. Ebay Competitor Is Messing with me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Help. Ebay Competitor Is Messing with me

I am having a big problem with an ebay competitor.

The problem started 6 weeks ago when Someone with over 1000 positive feedback won my item.

I saw their feedback and I was very happy with it.

That person started buying 5 of the items I was selling and then told me that they couldn't pay for another 2 weeks.

Since I saw their feedback being over 1000 and 99%+ positive. I thought I can trust this person. I normally do not do this for people but the feedback score convince me to trust them.

Fast forward for 2 weeks. I asked them for money and then found out I was blocked. On the 3rd week. I re-listed everything and I looked at their profile again and saw they had listed very similar items to me. The things they where trying to buy from me was what they where selling. It was when i realized this was a competitor.

So i re-listed the 5 items and then 5 days later. I received an email saying people reported my items to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so they where taken down. I called ebay and got my items sorted out so I had to re-list again.

The 3rd time I re-listed. 3 days after. I received an email from ebay saying Someone was trying to hack my account and that ALL my listings have been removed until I can verify I wasn't hacked.

So I had to loging and re-verify my phone number. Change passwords and re-listed.

4th time I re-listed. I had a bunch of newly created 0 feedback ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts now Buying and all of them where non-payments and ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

So now I have re-listed the 5th time and I have blocked 0 feedback buyers by cancelling their bids manually but then Now I've had some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyers with feedback.

I had someone with 5 positive feedback with account created 6 months. Since they had 5 feedback. I didn't think it was the competitor even though the last minute i thought about cancelling and blocking them straight away. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since the account was created 6 months ago.

I guess the person realized they couldn't use new 0 feedback accounts because I have been reporting and blocking new 0 feedback accounts.

So now The 5 items Have been re-listed 5 times and It's been 6 weeks since i first listed and This competitor is messing with me.

I am about to re-list it for the 6th time hoping that my competitor with no life will finally stop. I think this is so stupid that someone has enough spare time to go follow a seller's every move.

Help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Help. Ebay Competitor Is Messing with me

What if the competitor is someone here who is trying to push you out? You may need to create new accounts and attack from different sides
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I believe you can still do a user request for all their info. You might have to go to the sitemap to find it. I would call them up and bitch em out. Lets say once you get their info there are lots of courses of action.

I will say it is amazing how childish people are.

The other thing worth doing is if this is your legit account and what not is calling up eBay and asking to speak with trust and safety. Tell them what this user is doing. You have to speak with someone higher up the food chain though, (specifically trust and safety or if not seller venting department) the basic eBay phone person can't do much.

Last edited by vogeltron; 08-07-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2015

Longevity: 54%

How about use ebay advance tool and request for the purchaser to PAY immediately when using " BUY IT NOW"? that's how I get rid of some of these deadbeat customers.
Old 08-07-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What if the competitor is someone here who is trying to push you out? You may need to create new accounts and attack from different sides
Exactly!

If someone messed with my money and I felt they might be stealth too or even just the fact they were trying to screw with me...I would crush them before they even could blink.

I have armies behind me... hahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-08-2015)
Old 08-07-2015

Longevity: 57%

Man im going through the same thing at the moment. Fight him back and knock him out or move aside before he gets you suspended.
Old 08-07-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Man im going through the same thing at the moment. Fight him back and knock him out or move aside before he gets you suspended.
If you know stealth inside out.....its pretty easy to destroy a seller.

I mean we all know how a buyer can scam us etc etc, and simply having alot of accounts OR being able to make alot of accounts in a short time period is extremely useful in destroying an account.

Unless your very unlucky its most likely not a stealth user. Were probably less than 1% of eBays sellers. Most sellers think they can do anything when it comes to getting someone suspended. I've had it in its very infancy and just cut the cord because I knew what was going to happen.
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I have bought from people who did that to me and left negative feedback to their accounts. I paid for the item.
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I have bought from people who did that to me and left negative feedback to their accounts. I paid for the item.
Thankfully I haven't had this problem in many years. But yes as stated with another poster it is very easy to destroy anyone's selling account if you know stealth good enough.

I know some of you have had this conversation with other people but I refuse to tell anyone my User IDs. I won't even tell my own mother what my accounts are because like most people I have a few people who really despise me. And anyone who wants to badly enough can destroy you on eBay.
Old 08-08-2015

Longevity: 50%

Up to what level accounts are you talking about, when you say you can destroy them?
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY91 View Post
Up to what level accounts are you talking about, when you say you can destroy them?
You probably can't take down an Anchor store seller. But anyone who is a mid-level seller who would actually take the time to mess with another eBay member. Definitely do-able.

Remember a anchor store type seller wouldn't be wasting their time playing childish games over of a few items. We are talking about mid level people who probably sit on their accounts clicking refresh all day.

It takes some financial resources but easy enough through stealth to f' em over.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
NY91 (08-08-2015)
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post

I know some of you have had this conversation with other people but I refuse to tell anyone my User IDs. I won't even tell my own mother what my accounts are because like most people I have a few people who really despise me. And anyone who wants to badly enough can destroy you on eBay.
I told someone my real ebay IDs some years and it didnt end well. The person ended copying lots of my selling listings. I dont sell to friends or people I meet in person. They think I should give them a 50% discount for talking to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-08-2015)
Old 08-08-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Thankfully I haven't had this problem in many years. But yes as stated with another poster it is very easy to destroy anyone's selling account if you know stealth good enough.

It is funny how years ago people used to do all sorts to promote their selling accounts on ebay, you would see their promotions everywhere but who would dream of that now days, as it is just too risky.

I would ask ebay if they can do anything as I am sure they must be trying out fingerprinting by now and this seller is probably not really trying to hide anything more than normal stealth. They may surprise you and shut down all their accounts.
Old 08-08-2015

I feel ya OP. Happened to me last month.
Old 08-08-2015

Longevity: 56%

have you considered murdering them?
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Here are some excellent ideas:

Products - Ruin Days

https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/
Old 08-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Funny, especially the cock suckers. Wish they weren't so expensive. LOL
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Send a picture....cheaper.
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 68%

Why not fight back?
Buy the items using guest accounts and TOR or public proxies, and depending on the cost of their items, buy and leave negative feedback.
Old 08-21-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

Talk to the buyer first but if you don't come to an agreement then talk to ebay chat agents about it and explain to them that you suspicion that it is a competitor and they should remove it for you.