Are new account less viewed than old account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Are new account less viewed than old account?

I have a new account with new products and I seem to sell cheaper than the guys who has 500sold for example for the same product and I've been having like 5 views in 2 days? I don't get it...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Are new account less viewed than old account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredg2310 View Post
I have a new account with new products and I seem to sell cheaper than the guys who has 500sold for example for the same product and I've been having like 5 views in 2 days? I don't get it...
I'd say, based on my own personal experience, that new accounts get more traffic if anything.

Might be worth looking at your listing title, desription and general information that might affect the listing ranking?
Starting price, listing title, additional information, qty and "other" listing options all affect how it appears for the other people so the person who sells more and has more viewers might just have a template that works really well for him, with right price points, wording and price.

I've noticed that with couple of my products... I had one case where I couldn't even shift a product for 1/3 of the price but when I changed the listing title slightly I sold it for extra 1/3 compared the the competitor. Previous listing had 1 watcher in 3 weeks, with tweaked listing title I had 17 watchers within 24 hours.

Sometimes eBay doesn't make sense or you might get "stuck" in your processes and can't figure out how to improve a certain aspect of your listings- Always worth vising competitors and see what they do differently, what they do extra, whats different. If you are not successful, learn from people who are successful- Don't copy them, but try to see how you could improve.

You can always improve, we all can.
Old 08-16-2015

Well, as I've read in one nice article, if you want something in huge volumes, that is already popular from other sellers, you need to "develop" your listing:

1) make great description and photos (make your unique ones, do not use stock photos)
2) put it for a vary competitive price, say, 0.99 GPB with free shipping from EU, to sell it at a loss, but to attract lots of customers, who will buy it
3) when it gets like 200+ sales and around 50 Watches, make price a bit higher, and sell another 100pcs.
4) etc.
5) at all costs, be a Top Rated and Power Seller. Being one greatly improves your listing location in search results.
Old 08-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Does it affect my listing if I'm not paypal verified yet?
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

ebay and paypal are two seperate companies now so I don't think it would affect your listing anyway if your paypal is not verified.
Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomerServiceProTip View Post
ebay and paypal are two seperate companies now so I don't think it would affect your listing anyway if your paypal is not verified.
They are separate companies but have a five year agreement that basicaly says they will operate the exact same way.

Also note that they are two separate companies BUT look at the ownership of paypal....
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 73%

My observation is:

New accounts get a traffic bump for the first 30-45 days.

If after that you haven't made a lot of repeat sales, they seem to be downgraded in visibility.

After that, if your product sells consistently over a longer period, you rise in visibility again.

All things being equal, accounts with no issues whose products consistently have a 20% or higher sell-through rate get a bump when the search engine chooses which items to display at the top of the pile.

Sometimes it's an advantage to take a slight loss in the beginning until your product has a great sell-through rate, then you once you get the higher visibility bracket you can increase prices to a higher than average number, because you're getting the eyeballs on your product.
Old 08-21-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

That is correct, new accounts get lesser views as they come lower in the search results but with good customer service and fast shipping/handling time your results will come up higher, good luck! :D