eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Thoughts from other clothing sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/88397-thoughts-other-clothing-sellers.html)

solefoodbk 08-15-2015 07:56 PM

Re: Thoughts from other clothing sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 695346)
What I do is return their money first then I give them my safe return address opposed to my EB/stealth address.
Kill them with kindness with 'thanks so much for buying from us'!!!
We want as a valued return customer!!!
They think you are so very nice/honest that they turn to jello.

True this can work, but keep in mind your putting it in THEIR hands if they want to scam you.

By refunding them FIRST they technically don't have to ship it back.

vogeltron 08-16-2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 695271)
I do thee same as you.
But i do have a question. Does your description include the size stated on the label?
I put the label size - say Waist 32 and leg 32 - in my description but then I quote actual hand measured size which may differ for example it could be be waist 30 or 34!
Is this correct way to or do you think it confuses buyers?

It very much depends on the listing.

Something if I know something runs big or small I list as irregular. Something that is older I list as vintage. It really does depend on the item you might put the size 32 but then have (see measurement) in the listing title. I don't really deal with Jeans or Pants so I am not 100% sure the best practice. But usually something that point to checking and comparing measurements always helps.

Lots of times I always try to make it clear that items vary in age and can fit differently year to year, etc. Please check the measurements.

Even when listing on eBay try to use bold letters and different colors that jump out to emphasize certain important things. Make sure you have spacing between certain subjects like I have on this post as well. Even this is kinda of rough because lots of people use mobile phones and skip over all this today. It was much easier in the past. I can't comment on that because I am still a PC/Laptop person when it comes to buying/selling items on the internet.

Hope that helps.

rsot 08-16-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 695399)
sell one size fits all with no returns

This won't work regardless

oompaloompa 08-16-2015 08:38 AM

actually one size in certain products is a much better idea, I had no returns when I sold a huge batch of festival capes/ponchos......they were super-cute though, kept a couple for myself....

luverlyjuberly 08-16-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 695331)
Jeans/pants almost always run different.

Just put in the listing "the sizes are "true" based off measurements, not what the size label indicates"

I like this idea.
Thanks.

This week i sold a pair of jeans that were 12 short.
Short usually means 28" leg but these were 26" leg. The buyer just focused on the short and decided they would fit. She ignored the actual measurement. Needless to say they are being returned as they are too short and she is "puzzled by this because all my other jeans are short length".
I've decided to remove all the S (short) M (medium) and L (long) label jean length sizes from my descriptions.

solefoodbk 08-17-2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 695578)
I like this idea.

I've decided to remove all the S (short) M (medium) and L (long) label jean length sizes from my descriptions.

Yeah I wouldn't bother with that, it only confuses the buyer.

We HAVE to put that in the description if we change the size because otherwise its technically a contradiction which could easily work for the buyer if they open a case.

I've measured clothing so much that I know generally if a mediums "pit to pit" is 23" its a large and so on. I never have a issue when I started doing this and prevents pretty much any return that could happen. You have to use your judgement, I guess mine has worked for me so far.

When sizes run differently its always best to take a picture of the size, not needed but I do on some clothing.

This is the best way to avoid returns which in most case is always because it doesn't fit. Anything else is technically buyers remorse OR can be considered buyers remorse with a few play on words :) Confidence works wonders when you talk to eBay reps. They're not the most intelligent people, at least if I call 5 times I'm bound to get someone who will fall pray to my B.S :heh:

acreech41311 08-17-2015 09:52 AM

Well if anyone is curious how this turned out:

after reading everyone's advice I went ahead and accepted her return, despite the fact that it was clearly buyers remorse as she even stated in the case that "this fits well but it's too short for me" her initial message to me said the same thing that all the other items she buys are small tall and after trying a small she decided it was too short for her.

Within minutes of accepting the return (fyi ebay no longer offers the option of declining a return its, accept, partial refund or send message) she left me a negative anyway.

I called ebay since she had threatened to "slam my rating" in her messages, their response was "I understand your concern" at which point she then read me a message about how important it is to provide excellent customer service and to that for all my feedback questions I could find all my answers on the website help forums.

Shekibi 08-17-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreech41311 (Post 694740)
I guess my account would be considered personal as I don't have a ebay store

Not having a store doesn't mean you're a personal seller, you can be a business seller without a store.

solefoodbk 08-17-2015 11:41 AM

I don't know how I say it differently but if that were my account id of gotten the feedback removed.

For one you should have called in before the return and told them your buyer threatened to leave negatives. By doing this you get the rep to notate you already called prior to the buyer leaving the feedback. Since you complied with their request I'm not sure if you still can but I know I would get it removed.

Buyers simply can't speak of feedback in any other way than positive UNLESS they don't want it used against them at a later date. Buyers have ways of working the system and so do WE. If I know something might be a problem I ALWAYS call in ahead of time. For one they love the fact you do it, and two it shows you care and that does go along way.

By calling ahead you have proof you already spoke to someone about this which is important because reps always have contradictory views. But when they see you basically predicted what was going to happen and already got the rep sympathetic to YOUR point of view the second call for removal/case overturned is just icing on the cake.

It's all about being proactive not reactive.

luverlyjuberly 08-17-2015 02:04 PM

I guess the OP won't be in a hurry to refund her payment.

Can you give us an idea of what the feedback said?

Also i used to be able to give a follow up reply, Can you still do that?

dallis 08-17-2015 07:09 PM

Returns for ridiculous reasons are a part of the clothing seller's business.

During my first 10 years at EB I sold 30K pieces of clothing, and never once won a case.

And, the only unfair feedback I ever got removed was one in which they used the "F" word.

It's better to apologize, refund, and hope they don't neg.

You can spend hours on hold and arguing with an EB rep on the phone and lose your money, get negs and get dinged stars, or sell 3 more items in the same period of time.

Which would you rather have?

Get a thick skin and learn when to move on. Keep your eye on the ball, and the ball is selling and making a profit. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

luverlyjuberly 08-18-2015 05:03 AM

Wise words from dallis.

Any negs i get - thankfully only two in two years - leads to the thought how many sales has that cost me?

luverlyjuberly 09-08-2015 03:21 PM

I got a return from a buyer who said i sent the wrong size.
Measuring them on their return I see my measurements WERE right as i described. Any thoughts from you guys. I'm willing to refund his original payment but NOT his return cost.
I should probably re-read dallis wise words and refund but wondered what others thought.
Do I refund including his return postage?

dallis 09-15-2015 09:39 PM

on the one hand $5-7, on the other hand bad feedback... easy call. Not that it doesn't suck...

just_smile 09-16-2015 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 702961)
I got a return from a buyer who said i sent the wrong size.
Measuring them on their return I see my measurements WERE right as i described. Any thoughts from you guys. I'm willing to refund his original payment but NOT his return cost.
I should probably re-read dallis wise words and refund but wondered what others thought.
Do I refund including his return postage?

This is why i only supply the manufacturer size guidelines.

You and your customer both think you are right. But you may well measure it slighly differently, different positions etc.

I would refund return shipping too.

luverlyjuberly 09-16-2015 10:22 AM

Well I did not refund return payment and its been more than a week with no feedback left. If he sends me a message I'll play dumb and send him his return postage cost. The parcel did not have the return cost details on the label.