5 days to raise my DSR by 1.5% - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: 5 days to raise my DSR by 1.5%

Also the evaluation on Sept 20 is based on months ending with Aug 31 anything this month will go onto Nov 20 evaluation
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2015
Banned

hmm looks like absolutely no one has any clue how many you truly need to stay alive man. personal experience you wont get canned right away. just start doing better... you probably gotta couple months to put account back in the right...
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
If your trying to get your defect rate from 6.5% to 5% than you just need sales, you don't need 50 positive feedbacks

And I'm assuming the calculation was correct by saying 50, but whatever number it is it is defect free sales and not 50 positive feedbacks

Maybe I'm miss reading this but it seems you are concerned about your defect % but you are counting ur feedbacks

Defect percentage = number of defects / total transactions
My bad. I initially calculated it against feedback received.

You will need more than 50 sales (probably a lot more) but as Dmshark has correctly pointed out, feedback is not required to be left.
Old 09-16-2015
username1

Longevity: 0%

Ah it's only because someone asked about the feedback ratio.

I just wanna get myself back into the 5% margin so I do t go "below standard".
Old 09-16-2015
username1

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-16-2015
just_smile

Post your seller dashboard stats. Things have become confused with the talk of feedback. As mentioned your defect percentage goes off all sales.

So we need your total amount of transactions.

Then we can figure out how many more defect free sales you need to go from 6.5% to under 5.
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 79%

I've been so confused this whole time about why everyone was talking about feedback lol couldn't figure out what that had to do with defect rates. Glad that's all cleared up now

A total amount of sales for the past year would help out quite a lot. Otherwise, nothing anyone says means much.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I've been so confused this whole time about why everyone was talking about feedback lol couldn't figure out what that had to do with defect rates. Glad that's all cleared up now

A total amount of sales for the past year would help out quite a lot. Otherwise, nothing anyone says means much.
Thankfully they are going to change the transaction defect rate and DSR's come feb. 2016 which is nice for us sellers. I believe their getting away from that because it makes things difficult if your not doing the volume you'd like to be doing.
Old 09-16-2015
username1

Can I buy things or is it specifically detailed SELLER ratings??
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1 View Post
Can I buy things or is it specifically detailed SELLER ratings??

The 6.5% is your Defect Percentage is that Correct??

DSRs is something else

And Feedback % is another thing

A lot of words are being used incorrectly or interchangeably in this thread so Im not exactly sure what your trying to do , but im pretty sure you are speaking of your defect percentage when u say 6.5%
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
james13v (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015
username1

Yes. Currently my defect rate is at 7%. If I'm not higher than 5%, I'll be below average seller score.

I urgently need to make this better within 3 days or I'll risk my account.
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
Yes. Currently my defect rate is at 7%. If I'm not higher than 5%, I'll be below average seller score.

I urgently need to make this better within 3 days or I'll risk my account.

DEFECTS / TRANSACTIONS = D%

So the higher the transactions go the lower your defect % will be, the only way is to keep making as many sales as you can and the key is to make defect free transactions
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

You guys have made a right meal of things to be fair.

1)You need transactions, not feedbacks.

2)You need transactions that are near perfect- No items received, returns or poor description ratings.

3)You need individual transactions, not customers coming back for more- If you have a returning customer in a 7 day period then it still counts as ONE transaction, even if they purchase 17 items over 9 different times.

4)You need seller transactions, not buyer.

5)You need transactions in the marketplace where you are in the red. If you are 6.5% in UK and sell to Global, then you are pissing in the wind and vice versa.

6)You will go over defect % anyway this month, as the defect % is calculated for previous month. Meaning that what you sell NOW will affect the NEXT evaluation.

You might think "Oh noes, my account is doomed" and that very well might be the case but there are couple of silver linings to the ****cloud that is fast approaching:

a)You have more than 5 days to sell, in fact you have till the end of the month to affect next evaluation period.

b)If you don't get the suspension right away and IF you are working with high limits, then they CAN start by just dropping your limits a bit- just as a warning.

c) You might actually have more time than you think.

Conclusion:
There is a major ****could heading your way and you might just have time to take cover. If you get lucky, you might get your limits lowered and your account will stay active and if you manage to get your transactions up, you might just be in a better situation next evaluation day.

There are many IFs and BUTs and MAYBEs , but the reality is that each account is treated differently and if you read the forum then you see that. You know that the ****storm is right around the corner, but you don't know how bad it is- It might be a light shower, something that can be dealt with by using an umbrella but it also might be he grandaddy of all ****hurricanes and you'll not survive it, even if you'd have a bunker at the back of your house.

All you can do is hope for the best, sell as much as the **** hits the fan and hope for the best. Thats literally all you can do.

My advice:
Get yourself suited and booted like Paddington did back in 1958 and get your mind and body ready for a ****fest. You will sell faster BEFORE they punish you because once they reduce the sellings limits, your ranking in eBay search will be affected also. If you don't get suspended right away, but they limit your limits then don't get undressed yet- Thats exactly what they want.
Once you do that, you'll notice that the ****storm that once was very brown and white has turned into cyber warfare where everything goes: Your listings will stay active, your account will not be suspended and on paper everything looks normal. In reality your listings will all suffer- Your items will not appear in search, they will limit the traffic to your listings and that means that you may as well book the bank, dress up nicely, get some flowers and arrange your account funeral- There is almost no way back from this.

Read between the lines:
Suspension is a quick death of an account. Reduced limits and above normal defect % will slowly just kill your account because without traffic, you will not sell and without sales, there are no transactions and without transactions, you will not improve the defect %.

Last edited by Haidukken; 09-16-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post

3)You need individual transactions, not customers coming back for more- If you have a returning customer in a 90 day period then it still counts as ONE transaction, even if they purchase 17 items over 9 different times.
Where the hell did you get THIS from?
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Where the hell did you get THIS from?
Pretty sure its been mentioned couple of times in various different threads.
I might be off with 90 days, but I'm pretty sure the period is rather long.

I'll hit the Google and see if I can find exactly how it works, but I'm pretty confident I'm in the right.
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Pretty sure its been mentioned couple of times in various different threads.
I might be off with 90 days, but I'm pretty sure the period is rather long.

I'll hit the Google and see if I can find exactly how it works, but I'm pretty confident I'm in the right.
If I'm wrong, I'll retract my statement. But I do not recall every hearing about it being this long. Only thing I've ever heard, were transaction by the same customer within 7 days.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If I'm wrong, I'll retract my statement. But I do not recall every hearing about it being this long. Only thing I've ever heard, were transaction by the same customer within 7 days.
Just checked eBay and you are indeed correct. They say its 7 days.

Last time I read that part of eBay was around November 3rd 2014 so they've might have changed it or I might have just brainfarted the 90 day period.

Mybad, I'll edit the original post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015

That actually doesn't address either of our concerns. They focus on feedback and not Defect ratings or otherwise.

That is in fact where I got my previous 7 day number from.

The question is, is it the same for defects.
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
I have a few more stealths ready for operation. I know exactly how it's happened. I sold 7 items to one person individually (competitor). They left negative feedback even before they could have received the product!
This is something you really should be calling in about. I don't know why you haven't yet. Your account will be HIGHLY restricted, if not suspended, and good luck trying to get your defect rate back to normal levels after that.

What do you have to risk at this point? Your account? Call. Call before the 20th. Get them erased
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thats where I got the 90 day from.
Quote:
For example, maybe you have a persistent bad actor that buys 90 items from you over a 90 day period and files a negative each time (of course you would block them before this but bear with me). Those 90 DRs would be calculated as 90, but tallied as 1 over that period. You will see the total number in your dashboards, but not the unique-buyer number.
Old 09-16-2015

So then why is the 1 buyer that he has, affecting his account with the 7 transactions?

also, that seems to cover the NEGATIVE eDR and not the total percentage. I'm curious if that matters or not.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So then why is the 1 buyer that he has, affecting his account with the 7 transactions?

also, that seems to cover the NEGATIVE eDR and not the total percentage. I'm curious if that matters or not.
I'm pretty sure the OP has 7 negative from one customer, but that alone did not take the defect % above the threshold.
He has 170 transactions so 1 or 2 transactions affect the account quite a bit, the 7 negatives are still counted as 1 transaction because its from a same buyer.

Not sure how and what OP is doing, as the thread started with 6.5% and couple of posts ago it was 7%.

EDIT: Also I think my quote was talking about NEGATIVE eDR and how it affect the defect % but it also lists other thing(everything) that affect the total eDR %, which our OP is battling against.