Within how many days will you offer refund after item has been delivered? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Within how many days will you offer refund after item has been delivered?

Hi all,

I sold an artificial gold printed Alice in Wonderland bag to a customer in the beginning of October 2015. Today, I received a message from the buyer claiming the bag has a scratch on the front of the bag. Due to my curiosity, I went on USPS's website and checked on the tracking status to see when the item was delivered, and I found out the item was delivered on Oct 19.

Not trying to be paranoid but I have a feeling that the buyer can possibly been using the bag for a week and got a scratch on it herself since she waited almost a week (6 days) to contact me for an item she received that was damaged, which is kind of unreasonable given the fact that getting access to the internet is within a flick of the finger nowadays.

What can I do in this situation? I shipped the bag with bubble wrap so the possibility of it being damaged during delivery is not so high.

Thank y'all for the comments in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2015

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Within how many days will you offer refund after item has been delivered?

She can totally request a refund. And she will. She could wait two months and still request a refund. Unfortunately to avoid losing your account and everything you worked hard for, you will have to ask her to send the bag back and issue a refund. She probably did scratch it or she decided she didn't like it and wants to try her luck at returning it so she will put a scratch on it before she returns it. She knows the game.
Old 10-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Within how many days will you offer refund after item has been delivered?

Cut your losses and accept the return because ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer in cases like this... unfortunate but true.
Old 10-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Just accept the refund, your not going to win. Also, I don't think your going to want let her keep the item because I'm sure shipping to HK from the U.S./UK must cost an arm and leg.
Old 10-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

I still haven't receive a response from the buyer ever since I asked her for a photo of the scratch along with all the packing. I received 4 disputes on PayPal this month! 2 unauthorized credit card use claim, one for item not as described (buyer wants to keep item and the funds), plus this claim for damaged item. Not a very lucky month for me. I'm a very low volume seller, this is almost 25% out of all my sales and all of the disputes are from buyers in the U.S. Why are so many cheapskates trying to get free lunch on eBay? Is the economy really that bad in the staes!?
Old 10-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I still haven't receive a response from the buyer ever since I asked her for a photo of the scratch along with all the packing. I received 4 disputes on PayPal this month! 2 unauthorized credit card use claim, one for item not as described (buyer wants to keep item and the funds), plus this claim for damaged item. Not a very lucky month for me. I'm a very low volume seller, this is almost 25% out of all my sales and all of the disputes are from buyers in the U.S. Why are so many cheapskates trying to get free lunch on eBay? Is the economy really that bad in the staes!?
No, the economy isn't the problem....you just have scammy buyers.

Here's what I found: The higher the price of my items, the LOWER the claim rate. Counter-intuitive I know, but my theory is that people who are willing to spend money and aren't cheapskates are also less trashy and have better things to do with their time.

The lower socio-economic position the buyer, the more likely they are to cause problems.
Old 10-27-2015

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
No, the economy isn't the problem....you just have scammy buyers.

Here's what I found: The higher the price of my items, the LOWER the claim rate. Counter-intuitive I know, but my theory is that people who are willing to spend money and aren't cheapskates are also less trashy and have better things to do with their time.

The lower socio-economic position the buyer, the more likely they are to cause problems.
100% agree.

Anyone who truly sells expensive items, unless its like gold watches would know this is accurate.