A reminder not to ever call eBay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: A reminder not to ever call eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2409 View Post
OK looking at the original question, overall would you say it is better to communicate with ebay via a phonecall or by email?
I have never emailed eBay once in my life.

Based on forum accounts, emailing them is a circle jerk.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2015

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
He probably decided not to suspend you personally, then you got hit with an automated suspension. That really sucks..

A lot of people around here are huge fans of calling eBay. I guess it depends on the situation though.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have backups?
Ok but the thing is if you have issues with your account its YOUR FAULT.

We who call in know what we are doing. People who suggest calling in typically say you should only call in if you know what your doing. It's kinda common sense if your account is not in good shape you shouldn't call in.....

You can't really blame eBay when your bringing attention to yourself by calling in.
Old 11-22-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
OP is failing in customer service, blames "scam buyers" and then makes the assumption that "calling eBay" is why his account was suspended.

OP: It doesn't matter "why" 20+ cases were opened in 3 days. ANYONE, eBay, Amazon, hell, freaking iOffer, seeing 20+ cases in 3 days is going to suspend your account. They have bots that pick up on this activity....some random rep didn't just suspend you after discussing "technical issues". Your account was already flagged, the phone call simply happened around the same time.

I suggest you look into your customer service, delivery of orders, and/or products offered....in this case, eBay isn't at fault....you are.
LMAO.

I need not respond to this, you already got it covered haha.

This is actually the correct reason why you were suspended. It's true if you have that many cases why in the world would they not suspend you? If you owned a business and someone below you had 20 problems in 3 days what would you do?

Thank you GOA.

SIDE NOTE:

Ebay is run by bots so yes REGARDLESS of why you got 20 cases means nothing to them. When you get that many cases in that short of time frame the bots will suspend you and reps can't do anything once that happens, usually.

Ebay and Paypal are run by bots. It would be impossible for humans to monitor every account this is why its very easy to work both companies via stealth.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 11-22-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Oh, to make things worse, I am providing a service (not a problem according to eBay policy, but nonetheless a service)
Quote:
20-30 orders of day ranging in the $600 range
sounds shady....what service can you be offering on ebay that 20-30 people a day will pay 6 bills for? Sounds like op was playing with fire, and ended up burning himself. Don't blame ebay, Blame yourself.
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
On my real account I called to speak with a technician about an issue I was experiencing with the interface. That was worked out.

About 45 minutes later I received a call from eBay, telling me they would be restricting my account because there were too many cases open.
So, there were cases opened, loads of them?
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I had an issue not long ago that Post improperly scanned all shipments as delivered. I had to be proactive very quickly. I had to figure-out which packages was incorrectly scanned and contacted each and every buyer to explain the situation. This was approx. 60packages. Only one person opened a case, they claimed they never got my messages.

It could have easily been 60 cases.

So yes sometimes (often) it is not our fault, however you have to play the cards dealt and that is big difference between good, bad and ok ways to run a business.
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
He's not an idiot for posting experiences, he's an idiot for drawing incorrect conclusions based on zero evidence.

I didn't know this thread was still alive. OP has been gone for days.

GOA, I know you're a helpful forum member and all, but you are conceited and you are a dick. Insulting forum members is against the rules , and I still insist you contributed nothing to this thread. People come here looking for advice or to discuss things. Not to be shut down by a know-it-all. There will always be proponents of calling in and not calling in. Just because you support calling does not mean those who don't call are morons. I know this is your agenda and you very fiercely promote your agenda. But stop talking down to people, man (woman?). Your arrogance is disgusting.

I understand he was selling services which is prohibited and that's likely the underlying cause of his suspension. But who cares? What he sells is his business and he was sharing his experience. He did not ask to be criticized, he didn't ask why he was suspended, hell, he didn't ask anything at all.
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

[quote=phaz0rz;723692]
Quote:
GOA, I know you're a helpful forum member and all, but you are conceited and you are a dick.
I'd rather be rude and right than nice and wrong.

Quote:
and I still insist you contributed nothing to this thread.
I've contributed accurate information.

Quote:
People come here looking for advice or to discuss things. Not to be shut down by a know-it-all.
OPs title says "NEVER CALL EBAY". This is bad advice....obviously OP wasn't looking to "discuss". He was preaching bad info.

Quote:
There will always be proponents of calling in and not calling in. Just because you support calling does not mean those who don't call are morons.
No, but giving bad advice based on faulty assumptions is stupid.

Quote:
I know this is your agenda and you very fiercely promote your agenda. But stop talking down to people, man (woman?).
You obviously haven't been around long if you don't know my gender....lol. There was a BIG stir regarding a video I posted about 6 months ago.

Quote:
I understand he was selling services which is prohibited and that's likely the underlying cause of his suspension. But who cares? What he sells is his business and he was sharing his experience. He did not ask to be criticized, he didn't ask why he was suspended, hell, he didn't ask anything at all.
When you post a thread with false info, people aren't going to pat you on the head and tell you you're a good boy. That's how misinformation gets spread. Obviously OP couldn't deal with the heat---he left. That's fine, better off without him.
Old 11-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post

So yes sometimes (often) it is not our fault, however you have to play the cards dealt and that is big difference between good, bad and ok ways to run a business.
Exactly but since WE are the sellers WE are responsible.

Just like any profession if a employee under a boss does perform who does the bosses boss get mad at? The boss is the one responsible for the person under him/her to perform up to standard. It sucks because in some cases like what you said it may be something out of our control like a postal error.

BUT

We all at least should know by now eBay is run by bots. So if you sell on eBay and know this before hand you can't complain if its bites you down the line. Obviously YOU were smart and proactive before it affected your account. Not saying OP wasn't proactive but you get out of eBay what you put in.
Old 12-01-2015

play within rules, stop complaining!
Old 01-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Update on this one,

A total of 40 cases were opened for items I had not shipped before the suspension.

I was reinstated. Access lasted one week then I was suspended for the open cases.

Appealed.

Reinstated again. Lasted roughly 2 weeks. Then again suspended for the cases.

Appealed --- Reinstated.

Suspended again over the previous few days. Am told this time they are removing the cases and will then have me appeal so it does not happen again.

Whatever, I am on to 2 other accounts.
Old 01-04-2016

The zero hero does it again...
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
Update on this one,

A total of 40 cases were opened for items I had not shipped before the suspension.

I was reinstated. Access lasted one week then I was suspended for the open cases.

Appealed.

Reinstated again. Lasted roughly 2 weeks. Then again suspended for the cases.

Appealed --- Reinstated.

Suspended again over the previous few days. Am told this time they are removing the cases and will then have me appeal so it does not happen again.

Whatever, I am on to 2 other accounts.

So, basically, what you're saying is.....

You were told at least 3 separate times by 3 separate reps that you were suspended for open cases. In other words, it had NOTHING to do with calling eBay, your age, or whatever other BS story you gave us in the beginning. It fell entirely on YOUR shoulders, from a mistake YOU made.

Lesson to be learned? Don't go believing everything some hysterical newbie posts.
Old 01-04-2016

Longevity: 54%

Don't go believing everything some hysterical newbie posts

To be fair I thought that this was one of the purposes of this site. A number of newbies myself included were both frustrated and perplexed when we arrived here.

I don't normally post on here or react to such things but there appears to be a real resentment of newbies on here. Remember probably 95% of the forum was suspended or limited once???

It's not a democracy it's an autocracy challenge the "old regime" and they get very defensive.

A newbie asks a question or tries to find out information to assist them and they are treated like a moron.

If I ever had the unfortunate experience to meet one of the "god squad" of this forum I'm pretty sure we'd fall out very quickly.

People are different and we should all get on not slate people without apparent provocation.

Newbies can input wise words as much as old heads. We are all here to learn from one another aren't we?

We're all fighting the same battle after all from different directions

If anyone has a problem with this message please PM me. I'm not airing dirty laundry in public. If there was a problem with OP's comments it should have been silenced at source not turned into a witch hunt.

That's my fourpenneth Happy New Year to all by the way.

Last edited by manwithaplan; 01-04-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post

I don't normally post on here or react to such things but there appears to be a real resentment of newbies on here. Remember probably 95% of the forum was suspended or limited once???

It's not a democracy it's an autocracy challenge the "old regime" and they get very defensive.
If you can back up your statements with FACTS, and you stand your ground long enough, the "old regime" collapses in front of you. Don't believe me? Check my oldest posts. Not 3 months ago, calling eBay was basically considered the same as willingly going to Syria to try and preach Christianity, aka suicide.

Quote:
A newbie asks a question or tries to find out information to assist them and they are treated like a moron.
No, when a newbie comes out PREACHING "facts" about something they have NO EXPERIENCE with, they are treated like a moron. Read the OP's post before defending him.

Quote:
Newbies can input wise words as much as old heads. We are all here to learn from one another aren't we?
Again, read OP's post. He wasn't asking a question, he was spreading FALSE and dangerous info. If no one replied correcting him, how many would be mislead to think calling eBay is going to kill your account?

Quote:
If anyone has a problem with this message please PM me. I'm not airing dirty laundry in public. If there was a problem with OP's comments it should have been silenced at source not turned into a witch hunt.
Witch hunt? What are you talking about?
Old 01-04-2016
fuzzylogik

Longevity: 0%

They are complete idiots ( People ) it's best not to talk to anyone and just move to a new account.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission156 View Post
They are complete idiots ( People ) it's best not to talk to anyone and just move to a new account.
Yikes!
I call ebay and paypal daily. I would have to give up mega accounts to never call in and move along. Many people would loose jobs and my vendors would not get paid. Mortgages would be defaulted and investors would loose money.

Basically what I am saying is, if you have to call ebay, then you have to call ebay.

This mentality is like saying that if you would just switch banks if you had to call or stop in or move out of an apartment or home because of a leaky toliet or squeaky door. Or buy a new car because the oil light comes on.
Old 01-04-2016

Right, and if you're like me who never calls eBay just do it, don't preach it
Old 01-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Basically what I am saying is, if you have to call ebay, then you have to call ebay.

This mentality is like saying that if you would just switch banks if you had to call or stop in or move out of an apartment or home because of a leaky toliet or squeaky door. Or buy a new car because the oil light comes on.
This is why I personally feel some people loose accounts in the long term.

The more an account grows the more fires you have to put out. Obviously depending on what you sell can give you more exposure to bad buyers but we all get them. If you choose NOT to call eBay and let the system decide outcomes for you then yes you will loose majority of your issues. The problem is a couple "issues" can get you a limitation depending on the problem.

I don't call them daily but my accounts would DEFIANTLY not be producing the sales I have been if I didn't call in, ever.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
If you can back up your statements with FACTS, and you stand your ground long enough, the "old regime" collapses in front of you. Don't believe me? Check my oldest posts. Not 3 months ago, calling eBay was basically considered the same as willingly going to Syria to try and preach Christianity, aka suicide.
Not totally correct there Ghost

The longer members of the forum at the time advised that people new to stealth don't phone eBay as it was not a good solid stealth method.

That still applies IMO.

If you ring eBay, you always get the chance to have an ID/address/invoice ect request.

For someone just starting out on their stealth journey getting their first account limited because they rang I would think would be pretty disheartening, so for the first account or 2 I am of the opinion that its best to keep it safe and simple. That view has not changed despite our many debates

As a stealther gets more confident they can take more risks, but (in the UK) you would need a bank verified PayPal account before you can even think of ringing eBay. If you then get that eBay limited (or docs requested) you are potentially down a bank account.

Ringing does give an eBay agent licence to look over your account and to look for links to other accounts. They will often catch things that the bots (for whatever reason) seem to miss.

Alternatively if you just let the automated system give you increase after 2/3 months the accounts usually go from 10 to 200+ items.

If someone is happy to ring then great, but it can always end badly. Its a calculated risk, but a risk none the less
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
Right, and if you're like me who never calls eBay just do it, don't preach it
I am guessing that you dont have many large accounts then because if you do, you have no option to call and have them call you. Both ebay and paypal.

If yo start selling 30K+ a month or several thousand items you have no options but to work with ebay and paypal. They are your partner at this point.
Old 01-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I am guessing that you dont have many large accounts then because if you do, you have no option to call and have them call you. Both ebay and paypal.

If yo start selling 30K+ a month or several thousand items you have no options but to work with ebay and paypal. They are your partner at this point.
You're right, wich is why I always have plenty of backups besides you can't even make 30k+ a month without a tax I'd number.