More moron buyers, wants to return because he can't resell for a profit plus more - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default More moron buyers, wants to return because he can't resell for a profit plus more

Idiot buyer #1:

sold him a student version Adobe software. Part number in the title, eBay pre-filled info for the exact item I am selling, mentioned student/teacher version several times in description. Pictures of all angle of box including prominent student/teacher marking on front of box.

Buyer opens claim saying my listing is "deceptive" because I did not mention it was the student version "in the title". Apparently buyers are no longer required to read anything but the title, and maybe just the parts that they want to, since the academic part number WAS part of the title and it also has the pre-filled eBay info for the exact item.

I go ahead and revise the listing later on to say student/teacher in the title, hoping to skip over the most stupid of the turds. Almost immediately, someone buys a copy and then asks to cancel because she "didn't realize it was the student/teacher version". Go figure.

Idiot buyer #2:

purchased item through Paypal, off eBay, Adobe software. Opens a claim today out of the blue, saying item has not been opened but he can't resell it in his store cause Adobe told him only authorized sellers are allowed to sell it. Now he wants to return it based on that. The whole idea behind his claim was this was an easy way to let me "off the hook" because I violated "something" by reselling Adobe software to him that he could not resell in turn, and my taking it back will allow all this to be put behind us. Sort of a subtle velvet covered chain mail fist type deal, if you will. Probably his idea of being gracious.

NOTE:
No, it's not illegal or anything like that to resell the software. I have a good idea what happened and could have actually helped this dip$hit fight it had he not been a total pr!ck by opening a claim out of the blue to try to pass the buck on to me like this.

Anyone else want to share some recent buyer turds?

Last edited by ovidiu; 12-08-2015 at 05:44 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), Onion (12-12-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: More moron buyers, wants to return because he can't resell for a profit plus more

I have had a severe influx of idiot *******s over November and what little of December we are in now. Never in 10 years of ebay have I had to deal with this many just plain moronic people all at once. Couple examples:

Buyer makes an offer on an item. I counter offer. They counter offer. I accept offer and send invoice. 24 hours later buyer asks to cancel transaction because she is "new to ebay" and "didnt know she would have to pay if the offer was accepted". Checked her profile and she registered in 2010. 20freakin10! You are NOT new, you know damn well what you were doing and NO I will NOT cancel the transaction. Filed unpaid item case and she messages me the next day saying she wanted to cancel and sorry for the inconvenience. Now I am waiting until I can close the case and get my fees back.

Couple other buyers win auctions, never pay. Couple days later ask to cancel the transactions because the item "wasnt what they thought". When it CLEARLY says in CAPITAL letters in the title what the item was...then the very first line of the description says again, in capital letters big and bold, what the item is. And then THREE more times in the type up. With 12 HQ pictures. These idiots see picture, click click bid....NOBODY reads ANYTHING anymore. I hate these 2015 idiot buyers. Take me back to 2004.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), newjerseymax (12-08-2015), ovidiu (12-08-2015), xhan (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: More moron buyers, wants to return because he can't resell for a profit plus more

Sellers are now putting "PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION" in caps in the title, wasting precious title space trying to get these imbeciles to actually READ the description.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), xhan (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 53%

I had the same problem. Item title was:

Case for iPhone 6 Plus 5.5"

Description also said 2 times in big letters: "For iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch". Some tard bought it, then opened NAD case, and the reason was "I wanted case for regular iPhone 6 and got for 6 Plus!"Okay, I though it was nothing and called in to talk to the EB rep. And what do you think? EB rep looked at the title and said that it looks like i am selling a case for a regular iPhone 6! WTF, they just stop reading after they see some keyword in the title! I talked to her for 1 hour, no luck. Of course, I called in several times before I got some rep that was not so retarded, and managed to remove this defect. But anyway, it shows that these retarded buyers are not avoidable, and you need to be strong to fight them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), xhan (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

WTF, they just stop reading after they see some keyword in the title!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, it's like calling in and talking to your idiot buyer sometimes (instead of a case professional), when you think you have a clear-cut case of moron buyer and want a rep to take care of the return. The reps literally think that if you have your item back in hand, possibly destroyed or crumpled, or maybe a turd that your buyer decided to mail to you, all is good and no harm done.

Last edited by ovidiu; 12-08-2015 at 08:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 49%

I think we should just ban all buyers from ebay, that'll solve the problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Burger Box Man For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

currently the most annoying issue I have is where people purchase an item AND then they ask about 100 hundred questions all of which they need answered 'IMMEDIATELY'.

I don't understand why you don't ask the questions before you hit BUY IT NOW not after. maybe its just me but it ticks me off because a lot of the time I end up having to refund them after answering all their retarded questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (12-08-2015), write (12-13-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 52%
Exclamation Re: More moron buyers, wants to return because he can't resell for a profit plus more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
currently the most annoying issue I have is where people purchase an item AND then they ask about 100 hundred questions all of which they need answered 'IMMEDIATELY'.

I don't understand why you don't ask the questions before you hit BUY IT NOW not after. maybe its just me but it ticks me off because a lot of the time I end up having to refund them after answering all their retarded questions.
Hate it also, buyers just hit the "Buy it now button", pay for the item and only than ask for questions or for a cancellation. I'm going thru this regular and losing selling limit space *facepalm*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G55AMG For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), write (12-13-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Sellers are now putting "PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION" in caps in the title, wasting precious title space trying to get these imbeciles to actually READ the description.
THIS ^^^^

I see it all the time, yet people STILL dont read. ****, if I am buying something, I look at all the pictures and read the description. If the description is some generic description or has no info because those "big sellers" like to just talk about themselves and their shipping policy....THEN I message the seller asking whatever I need to...THEN I bid or buy. If the seller never responds, I move on to someone else. Cant talk to me? Then you cant talk to my money either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), ovidiu (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
I think we should just ban all buyers from ebay, that'll solve the problem
ban the sellers too...
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just got off the phone with eBay support regarding the idiot who bought the academic software but failed to see the 2000 point font billboard that said it was academic. The rep was saying:

"oh it's a good thing you said it was the student/teacher edition in the description, because otherwise you would lose this case".

No $hit, Sherlock! The reps are as stupid as the buyers. Obviously the CS reps and the escalation department doesn't read your listing either. If it's not in the dispute notes, they will probably never see it!
write (12-13-2015)
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:

Idiot buyer #2:

purchased item through Paypal, off eBay, Adobe software. Opens a claim today out of the blue, saying item has not been opened but he can't resell it in his store cause Adobe told him only authorized sellers are allowed to sell it. Now he wants to return it based on that. The whole idea behind his claim was this was an easy way to let me "off the hook" because I violated "something" by reselling Adobe software to him that he could not resell in turn, and my taking it back will allow all this to be put behind us. Sort of a subtle velvet covered chain mail fist type deal, if you will. Probably his idea of being gracious.

The "First right of resale" doctrine allows ANY individual to sell ANY item, ANYTIME, its the LAW.

Authorized reselling ONLY applies to commercial businesses, that's the reason Ebay simply does not require a Manufacture's authorization form for everyone selling restricted products, your customer seems to have a brick-n-mortar store, so he MUST be authorized to resell the software, NOT you, as long as you are an individual and not a company
ovidiu (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
SAME THING with me!

I just had a buyer hit "buy it now" and then ask me if its an authentic item?

Mind you I'm TRS with 100% feedback. I can defiantly attest to more stupid buyers than last year, for me at least. I have sold ALOT more items so it makes sense. It just so annoying because I pay for the subtitle for some of these items since its the holidays and all. So if I relist and he pays I'm out in fees (I don't like giving eBay free money).
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

your customer seems to have a brick-n-mortar store, so he MUST be authorized to resell the software

No, he's actually a Amazon seller. Adobe has been going on Amazon and illegally using the Amazon DMCA tool to request removal of listings on the basis that they only allow authorized resellers to sell their products. This is despite the fact that Amazon clearly states in the reporting portal that it is NOT to be used as a way to enforce distribution agreements, which Amazon does not honor.

I know this because they did it to me too, but have backed off and reinstated one listing after some choice legal threats.

Ironically, the products they are doing this for are no longer produced by Adobe, who has essentially gone to a 100% digital only subscription model.
Dmshark25 (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
your customer seems to have a brick-n-mortar store, so he MUST be authorized to resell the software

No, he's actually a Amazon seller. Adobe has been going on Amazon and illegally using the Amazon DMCA tool to request removal of listings on the basis that they only allow authorized resellers to sell their products. This is despite the fact that Amazon clearly states in the reporting portal that it is NOT to be used as a way to enforce distribution agreements, which Amazon does not honor.

I know this because they did it to me too, but have backed off and reinstated one listing after some choice legal threats.

Ironically, the products they are doing this for are no longer produced by Adobe, who has essentially gone to a 100% digital only subscription model.
Yup which is why people like me buying the old versions as we do not like that business plan. For people with fast dependable internet makes since but people like me I do not want to have to connect to there servers to use software.
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckoftheirish93 View Post
ban the sellers too...
Then turn off the internet, modern society is crap anyway
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
Then turn off the internet, modern society is crap anyway
good idea, people are overrated anyway this whole talking and making eye contact thing is terrible too
Old 12-08-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

where are you two lads going with this...
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-10-2015)
Old 12-08-2015
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

Same with me except he didn't buy thankfully. I put in the title that the item is completely new I get a question stating if the item is new.

I am like...da fuq?
Old 12-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I think a big part of this is that people are buying things through cellphone more then ever. Depending on the type of phone it makes reading description a bit of a pain or it is easy to miss things. I just read an article that a good percentage of first time internet users will be through cellphone...
dealagreeproceed (12-08-2015), Futuremogul888 (12-09-2015), write (12-13-2015)
Old 12-09-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

On my note 3, eBay's mobile site is the worst possible. You might have a point. I always view everything in classic view.
Old 12-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
SAME THING with me!

I just had a buyer hit "buy it now" and then ask me if its an authentic item?

Mind you I'm TRS with 100% feedback. I can defiantly attest to more stupid buyers than last year, for me at least. I have sold ALOT more items so it makes sense. It just so annoying because I pay for the subtitle for some of these items since its the holidays and all. So if I relist and he pays I'm out in fees (I don't like giving eBay free money).
2015 is year of the idiot for Chinese zodiac...you didnt know? Seriously though, everyone is so caught in ME ME ME and being so PC and crap that they think they can do whatever they want and bi*ch and moan about whatever they want. And they are NOT hesitant to threaten through messages and then leave negative feedback, file case with Paypal. Some prick did this bs to me the other day. Left a negative before ever contacting me...then his message was full of threats, filed a case with Paypal before I could even respond...escalated it to a claim immediately. These dumb buyers who know how to work the system to get free sh*t...its pathetic. 2015 people 2015 ....lets hope 2016 is the year of enlightenment.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-10-2015)