Just wanted to show you guys a message from a seller that sold me ⊗⊗⊗⊗... - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Just wanted to show you guys a message from a seller that sold me ⊗⊗⊗⊗...

I like the mob mentality- I like when 90% of the posters just turn on the OP after 3 posts. I like it, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The good 'ol pitchfork mentality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), GhostOfAmazon (01-14-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Just wanted to show you guys a message from a seller that sold me ⊗⊗⊗⊗...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
I like the mob mentality- I like when 90% of the posters just turn on the OP after 3 posts. I like it, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The good 'ol pitchfork mentality.[/IMG]
We are teaching the children how to grow up. The internet is a big, scary place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), vogeltron (01-10-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
We are teaching the children how to grow up. The internet is a big, scary place.

You think you know but you have no idea
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), vogeltron (01-10-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
I like the mob mentality- I like when 90% of the posters just turn on the OP after 3 posts. I like it, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The good 'ol pitchfork mentality.
Just the story fell apart really fast. Cant take a side when we do not have both sides...

Youre an expert in the field, but purchased goods from a site known for phakes...Then asking what to do about said phakes when you could have just opened a case, shipped the stuff back to the seller (At the sellers expense) left a neg or so and got your money back...

But then you are working with the seller on getting your money back and the seller is willing to take the loss....with even more options available if the seller refused....

It didnt need to be bought out into the open like this when it could have been resolved behind emails and exchanges.

There are literally tons of sellers on ebay rewording auctions just to pass off phakes.
A simple question of: "Are these real?" would have PROBABLY bought the OP enough of a hint to buy or not.

Last edited by BigCJ; 01-08-2016 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), Runnynose (01-08-2016), unkown5454 (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

I mean jeez, this whole time, I thought the people of this forum would get a blast out of the situation. Yet people turn around, and try to throw **** at my face.
Re-read the last sentence.

I wished you well for resolution.

In my eyes, you underestimated what would happen with responses here.

You, and only you triggered that reaction.

Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 57%

James13 so we meet again...i dont like you. And heres why...you see youve been on ebay long enough to know that on ebay you are either a buyer or seller...sheep or a wolf.... james you play a wolfs game but cry like a sheep when you get burned. Thats what i dont like about you personally...as for everyone else jumping on you, i dont have anything to say about that.

But if you have been in the watch game all this time, when you read the words "sold as is"....how does a professional like you get burned??? Cmon man really?

Seems to me.....and i mean only to me. It seems like they guy you bought that crap from was more of a wolf than you...worded his ad so good that he even had you questioning weather or not he was a wolf or a innocent sheep! Lol

Listen james were cool man but dont come to aspkin...the land of sellers looking for a pity party when you make a rookie mistake. Because when i see the words "sold as is" i look elsewhere dude.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to two3aight1 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), MM78 (01-08-2016), Runnynose (01-08-2016), unkown5454 (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 51%

I'm sure seller went through watches at some point looking for that storage unit Million dollar watch.. Seller knows customer policy. Attempted to cover the tail in description page, but as a buyer yes it would of been wise to get close ups of interested watch which seller appears to be active with concerns over listings. You can't give storage units back.
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnynose View Post
I'm sure seller went through watches at some point looking for that storage unit Million dollar watch.. Seller knows customer policy. Attempted to cover the tail in description page, but as a buyer yes it would of been wise to get close ups of interested watch which seller appears to be active with concerns over listings. You can't give storage units back.
The seller might have already picked their faves out of the lot and left the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-08-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
The seller might have already picked their faves out of the lot and left the rest.
Thats what I do.

I purchase my stock in bulk, BULK BULK. I cherrypick what I know will sell, then take few chances with other random items and then usually by that point I've already 3 folded my initial investment. I then divide the leftover stock into fruit boxes and literally sell everything "sold as seen" and people are super happy, because I sell it for "pennies" and the bottom feeders are raving out it, because they can still squeeze something out.

Now, bare in mind that I sell rather big items, compared to watches. If I was selling watches it would be even easier to cherry pick items- Something as stable as watch market is so easy to predict, you know exactly what you invest and where you need to make your money back.

I'm pretty sure the seller is not out there to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on purpose, but he doesn't really care if there are couple in his "job lots" as people will still make some money out of the purchase.

Our OP here just... I don't know why the **** he posted in the first place to be honest
dealagreeproceed (01-09-2016), unkown5454 (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
This where you lost me.

This reminds of the infamous chinese sellers who sell jewelry for penny auctions.

They do this so they can dilute feedback from their other sales BUT when you check their feedback 9/10 times its from a item that cost a quarter.

People complaining that their ring busted and they spent 10 cents on it! Or even the people who went crazy and spent 1 whole dollar complaining it took for ever to get their amazing shiny necklace.

It sounds like you are playing the victim now. Of course I agree with what you said but not in the context it was said. These types of buyers (maybe you, maybe not) I really dislike like with a passion. They freak out when they ASSUMED and did not ask. Now again if its listed as something different then what you got then you can't be held accountable. Regardless, I see sellers selling t-shirts that cost retail $150+ for $10-$20.00

Now if I buy from them JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAY ITS PHAKE should I freak out because it is? I'm smart enough to know they are but they don't actually state "this t-shirt is phake".

This is called hustling backwards.

solefood fa da win
Old 01-09-2016
Banned

Quote:

There are literally tons of sellers on ebay rewording auctions just to pass off phakes.
A simple question of: "Are these real?" would have PROBABLY bought the OP enough of a hint to buy or not.
exacly how hard is it to ask before buying??? especially when your about to drop a few racks!
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
two3aight1 (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
James13 so we meet again...i dont like you. And heres why...you see youve been on ebay long enough to know that on ebay you are either a buyer or seller...sheep or a wolf.... james you play a wolfs game but cry like a sheep when you get burned. Thats what i dont like about you personally...as for everyone else jumping on you, i dont have anything to say about that.

started off like a scene from star wars
Old 01-09-2016
MU

Longevity: 48%

You should open a case. This is the only option i see you have.
Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I was beginning to think this forum was lacking sensible people. Brand name stuff, brand name title, from a reputable seller. And I'M expected to think it's going to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗.... Yeah OK. I, like you, tend to give people the benefit ot the doubt. Tho, on ebay, I give them that benefit, with the benefit of knowing I'm protected if I didn't doubt them enough.
To be honest I am in a category that isn't as cut and dry as brand names like Rolex etc. Licensing for products tends to be a revolving door. If you assumed everything you saw on eBay was legit without the brand name or Authentic Guarantee you would actually be banned from PayPal from buying and eBay for opening too many cases. These aren't really policed by Vero and eBay has over the past several years taken a back seat.

I really have no clue how long you have been on eBay I have been here since I was a teenager in the mid 2000's. I have seen how everything has evolved and changed. Don't give me that garbage like you are the smartest person in the room.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016

Fully agree with this statement
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
The seller 100% knows he sells f@ke stuff, but you can see he clearly uses terms to protect himself and I'm sure those same words/phrases were in the listing as well.

Both of you are wrong here though. He uses BS like "estate sales", "lots", etc. and claims he has absolutely no idea what he is trading. That definitely does not mean he can sell coun.terf.eits and then just claim the retard card when people call him out on it.

Now, you are wrong for automatically assuming everything is real especially when he states the listing said all sales were final and that everything is sold as is. The cheapest Omega that I know of in retail stores at the moment is $4,400.

I think you were looking to make a quick buck and you got glossy-eyed ignorant. Now you want pity for buying one of the most heavily coun/terf/eited categories of product.
The Following User Says Thank You to richie2065 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016

Longevity: 56%

What a brilliant thread! A real rollercoaster adventure!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiroshi For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-10-2016), unkown5454 (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
To be honest I am in a category that isn't as cut and dry as brand names like Rolex etc. Licensing for products tends to be a revolving door. If you assumed everything you saw on eBay was legit without the brand name or Authentic Guarantee you would actually be banned from PayPal from buying and eBay for opening too many cases. These aren't really policed by Vero and eBay has over the past several years taken a back seat.

I really have no clue how long you have been on eBay I have been here since I was a teenager in the mid 2000's. I have seen how everything has evolved and changed. Don't give me that garbage like you are the smartest person in the room.

DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vogeltron with the knockout punch!

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
What a brilliant thread! A real rollercoaster adventure!
Yeah, you know the OP must of had a couple too many of something to post this one..
Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
Yeah, you know the OP must of had a couple too many of something to post this one..
brandnewboss (01-10-2016), unkown5454 (01-10-2016)
Old 01-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

**** all you guys lol . you all ME a cry baby. Sounds like the lot of you are the cry babies.

I didn't ask for a god damn thing from ANY of you. I didn't need any advice. Bunch of whiny little bitches, I swear lol.

I posted this for one reason, and one reason only.

BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AND YOU GUYS WOULD GET A LAUGH OUT OF IT

and you guys turn around and ATTACK me for it?

Where did I mention in my OP that I needed any advice? I already knew what I was doing with the seller. If he didn't want to refund me, I would have opened a case AND WON.

I needed you guys for that why? My title states that I wanted to SHOW you guys a message from a seller that sold me a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Not to tell me how to deal with them. THAT WAS THE ****ING POINT OF THE THREAD.

Now go back to your rooms and circle jerk a bit more.
Old 01-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Just the story fell apart really fast. Cant take a side when we do not have both sides...

Youre an expert in the field, but purchased goods from a site known for phakes...Then asking what to do about said phakes when you could have just opened a case, shipped the stuff back to the seller (At the sellers expense) left a neg or so and got your money back...

But then you are working with the seller on getting your money back and the seller is willing to take the loss....with even more options available if the seller refused....

It didnt need to be bought out into the open like this when it could have been resolved behind emails and exchanges.

No, I didn't ask for ****.

I bought an auction, from a long time seller, with good feedback.

I posted a thread to show a seller trying to get out of his responsible. no other ****ing side to it. Show me where I asked what I should do in my OP?

I'm an expert, and I purchased from a site that I've bought $100,000's worth of merchandise from. I had no worries that I'd get ripped off, and thought it was hilarious when a seller thought he could get away with such.
Old 01-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post

a long time getting racial now. Talk about a child.

As far as watches go, on this forum, I AM the smartest person in the room, because non of you people seem to have a single ****ing clue about the market.

The brand name was stated in the listing. The brand name was displayed in the pictures. The only thing I assumed was that a reputable seller would be reputable, and that if he wasn't, I would have recourse if I were wrong. .

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-11-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread