Here's how eBay protects sellers who sell counterfeits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-31-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Here's how eBay protects sellers who sell counterfeits

I recently purchased a total of three shirts from an eBay buyer. Two were from one account, and one was from another, both had the same address. Here's my experience dealing with eBay on these issues.

I received all three shirts, quickly realized they were all ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I contacted the seller and asked to return them for a full refund, I was told he would instead give me a discount the next time I order, obviously I wouldn't be ordering from him again. I declined, and left negative feedback for all three shirts, this got him really angry and he said that due to eBay's rules he wouldn't be able to accept a return unless I removed the negative feedback. This is a blatant lie so I opened up three cases, all three were accepted for returns. I also contacted eBay to let them know this seller was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on multiples accounts, they assured me they would do something about it. Two weeks later, they have done absolutely nothing.

I received all of my money back once the shirts were delivered. BUT, this seller had the nerve to open up a case, escalate it, and complain to eBay so much that they actually ruled in his favor to NOT send me a refund, AND remove one of the negative feedbacks from one of his profiles. The money was already refunded to me, they couldn't take it back but they certainly removed all the negative feedback that I had left even though buyers AFTER me had left negative feedback! The seller also left feedback on my account stating that I was a scammer and replied to the feedback on his account stating I was a liar, and that I only left negative feedback because I used the shirts and was mad he wouldn't accept a return, and that they didn't fit me.

eBay did NOTHING. They didn't remove the feedback on my profile, they didn't remove his false follow up comments, they didn't stop him from selling the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise even though he now has 8 negative feedback left on 3 different accounts combined, all for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise. I called again and was able to get them to remove the false feedback he left on my account, but they're still protecting him and haven't removed his false follow up comments, and are still allowing him to sell. Insane.

Be careful, and be persistent. This guy continues to receive negative feedback for his counterfeits and eBay is doing nothing about it. It is absolutely insane that eBay will kick honest buyers and protect those who sell counterfeits.

Last edited by SOLUNA; 01-31-2016 at 09:09 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Here's how eBay protects sellers who sell counterfeits

Nothing new here, come to move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-02-2016)
Old 01-31-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Wrong Forum
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-31-2016), dealagreeproceed (02-02-2016), glacier922 (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Wrong Forum
Op's post was still informative.
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I guarantee this guy wasn't afraid to call eBay.....

He talked his way through, and I'd bet 100 bucks it took more than one rep too.

It's all about presenting your case in the RIGHT way to the RIGHT rep.

I am NOT defending this guy. I'm simply saying he used the tools at his disposal to accomplish what he wanted. Instead of complaining, you should learn from him. Not to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but rather to get what you want (negative feedback removed, limits increased, etc etc etc)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-02-2016), solefoodbk (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

For situations like these, you need to call up eBay. Obviously the person who handled the seller's case does't care enough in what he's doing, so you need a better rep to fix the problem.
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 67%

The honest truth is eb doesn't care about foofoo sellers... as long as no more than 5% of customers are complaining about a seller, and the actual rights owner isn't doing anything about it-- eb isn't going to do jack.

Obviously a very insecure business model, since all it takes is for one day the rights owner to step up and complain to ebay to shut the lights off from these sellers, but until that happens you're not going to accomplish anything sadly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

I agree with binary....

Its more than a simple email/auto message.

I personally would defo ring ebay/pp and explain the situation all calmly.

From what you have said OP, you have done nothing wrong and as a buyer you SHOULD be protected.

If you do call them, be smart, don't talk too much and give out too much info etc.

They wanna play? You are much more smarter than scammers so play the game and win

Good luck, hope you get your refund X
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sadly, this shows the hassles of buying off our own money making cow.

Too often a party can out talk that department we want to protect us.

Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

All hail foo foo sellers
phaz0rz (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Ive noticed this past 4 to 6 months since eBay missed earnings they have been allowing more blatant phakes to be sold on the site than years past. Not sure if this has to do with them splitting with PayPal. To be honest I would contact them seller first. If they said they would send a prepaid label to return the item for a full refund I would leave them alone. If they pulled some nonsense like this I wouldn't bother contacting eBay anymore I would straight up call PayPal if they want to pull that nonsense. Take that down and they are finished.
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLUNA View Post
I recently purchased a total of three shirts from an eBay buyer. Two were from one account, and one was from another, both had the same address. Here's my experience dealing with eBay on these issues.

I received all three shirts, quickly realized they were all ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I contacted the seller and asked to return them for a full refund, I was told he would instead give me a discount the next time I order, obviously I wouldn't be ordering from him again. I declined, and left negative feedback for all three shirts, this got him really angry and he said that due to eBay's rules he wouldn't be able to accept a return unless I removed the negative feedback. This is a blatant lie so I opened up three cases, all three were accepted for returns. I also contacted eBay to let them know this seller was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on multiples accounts, they assured me they would do something about it. Two weeks later, they have done absolutely nothing.

I received all of my money back once the shirts were delivered. BUT, this seller had the nerve to open up a case, escalate it, and complain to eBay so much that they actually ruled in his favor to NOT send me a refund, AND remove one of the negative feedbacks from one of his profiles. The money was already refunded to me, they couldn't take it back but they certainly removed all the negative feedback that I had left even though buyers AFTER me had left negative feedback! The seller also left feedback on my account stating that I was a scammer and replied to the feedback on his account stating I was a liar, and that I only left negative feedback because I used the shirts and was mad he wouldn't accept a return, and that they didn't fit me.

eBay did NOTHING. They didn't remove the feedback on my profile, they didn't remove his false follow up comments, they didn't stop him from selling the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise even though he now has 8 negative feedback left on 3 different accounts combined, all for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise. I called again and was able to get them to remove the false feedback he left on my account, but they're still protecting him and haven't removed his false follow up comments, and are still allowing him to sell. Insane.

Be careful, and be persistent. This guy continues to receive negative feedback for his counterfeits and eBay is doing nothing about it. It is absolutely insane that eBay will kick honest buyers and protect those who sell counterfeits.
As a buyer I stand on your side, but as a seller I stand on his side also (why? Because it's a hard economy and getting money isn't easy for alot of people, so people do what they can to get money/ yes, even if it's cheat, lie, and steal). If governments bettered the system we woudnl't have so much stuff to deal with like this.

I also understand your pissed ebay tolerates this, but they got a bunch of dummies working at the office and ebay doesn't care much. Even if they go out of business someday the owners of ebay are still filthy rich and can start another venture.

Solution? It's a rough battle out there in this world you might win and you might lose.

Question of the day? Is it really worth fighting after you got your money and stress over this to make your point? Others will come and go. Your health is at stake and your mindset.

I know I know morals, being honest, being truthful, still it's a money world where cash rules. Nobody is honest enough when desperate times arise and if you do find somebody honest they are until 99% because if they were that 100% then they woudnl't be on earth. We all have done something bad and if you haven't yet, you might oneday when desperate harsh times arise not because you want too, but because the economy is hard and we all are looking for comfort and security even with such a short life span.

Last edited by astralman; 02-01-2016 at 04:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
As a buyer I stand on your side, but as a seller I stand on his side also (why? Because it's a hard economy and getting money isn't easy for alot of people, so people do what they can to get money/ yes, even if it's cheat, lie, and steal). If governments bettered the system we woudnl't have so much stuff to deal with like this.

I know I know morals, being honest, being truthful, still it's a money world where cash rules. Nobody is honest enough when desperate times arise and if you do find somebody honest they are until 99% because if they were that 100% then they woudnl't be on earth. We all have done something bad and if you haven't yet, you might oneday when desperate harsh times arise not because you want too, but because the economy is hard and we all are looking for comfort and security even with such a short life span.
You're blaming everyone else (the "government" society, the economy) for YOUR problems.

You have the luxury of working from home, with NO boss, and you want to justify selling phakes? GTFO of here.

Go work at McDonalds with a second job at a retail outlet like Target or Wal-Mart to make ends meet, then complain about how hard life is.

This defense of scammers is unacceptable. This forum does not advocate the sale or defense of sales of phakes.
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You're blaming everyone else (the "government" society, the economy) for YOUR problems.

You have the luxury of working from home, with NO boss, and you want to justify selling phakes? GTFO of here.

Go work at McDonalds with a second job at a retail outlet like Target or Wal-Mart to make ends meet, then complain about how hard life is.

This defense of scammers is unacceptable. This forum does not advocate the sale or defense of sales of phakes.
First of all I have a right to speak my mind like it or not!

Second if my post is not welcomed then the admin has the right to remove my post if he doesn't like it after all it's his forum not yourse or mine.

Third: I'm not blaming governments in total, but they have made a slave economy for 99% of us who just work work work and at the end of the day for what just for what? Comes a time when you get tired of just eating pleasures, sexual pleasures, travel pleasures, religion pleasures, many kinds of pleasures. Some people keep it to the end of life all this, others start to think that there is more then just making money in this world.

Fourth: I'm not a conspiracy theorist before you go on your lunatic mind of saying that.

Fifth: I'm not justifying anything. I'm saying what I know like it or not! Are you an angel? Oh yeah you do things right on ebay and paypal, but in your life you maybe eat animals (is it morally right to kill animals for your own pleasure) you cheat on women, you lie to people sometimes) (I don't know if you do that, but I stated examples before you say like what? (It's funny people get pissed at something, but don't look at other things in life of what they could be not doing right either) I'm nobody to judge because nobody is god enough in this world. Nobody is angel. You think big owners of companies who are rich all do things right? They are angels, wake up. If you still think your in a perfect word then goodluck, your pissing outside your toilet bowl.

I'm a free thinker, open minded, you might not like it, but It's what I wanted to speak on my mind. You want me to say yeah that's bad and only bad and kiss your butt like a slave. Yeah, some things have no justification, but I can speak my mind on whatever. Open a case get your moneyback and move on. If you want to take it further then so be it, goodluck. My mind has been spoken and I'm not going to reply to any other comments. I'm not waisting my time and energy more on people who think there some kinds of angels in this world when they don't look at other aspects of there life.
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
nyc (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Astralman, you that ni**a
Old 02-02-2016

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I guarantee this guy wasn't afraid to call eBay.....

He talked his way through, and I'd bet 100 bucks it took more than one rep too.

It's all about presenting your case in the RIGHT way to the RIGHT rep.

I am NOT defending this guy. I'm simply saying he used the tools at his disposal to accomplish what he wanted. Instead of complaining, you should learn from him. Not to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but rather to get what you want (negative feedback removed, limits increased, etc etc etc)

Are you talking about me? haha

I think there are three sets of stealth groups when it comes to things like this

1) NEVER calls in regardless of the issue
2) Calls in but accepts whatever the rep tells them as the gospel
3) Calls in until they get the answer they KNOW they will get, eventually

Take this as a VALUABLE lesson.

I had a buyer about 2 weeks ago open a return case claiming what I sold him was "phake". I used another brand at the end of the title description to get extra search results. I DID NOT list it as another brand but is it a tad bit deceiving? Yes.

My buyer was stupid enough to still think it was the brand that was at the end of the listing title. So in his return says "Hi, Quality not as described, very unlike (brand name)! Also doesn t fit. Requesting return."

Mind you he opened the return as INAD. BECAUSE he said "also doesn't fit" when I called eBay I told my first rep it CLEARLY is a buyers remorse case. I then asked him to put in a good word for me (i.e write positive notes for the next rep). The kicker is I OFFERED RETURNS. Technically regardless of the problem you MUST accept the return BUT because I got the first rep to put good notes down AND I convinced the next rep that I was getting,

1) a defect
2) i had to pay his return shipping
3) possibly face a negative

So she closed it as a buyers remorse case and he couldn't even leave a negative or nothing!

Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
I'm a free thinker, open minded, you might not like it, but It's what I wanted to speak on my mind. You want me to say yeah that's bad and only bad and kiss your butt like a slave. I'm not waisting my time and energy more on people who think there some kinds of angels in this world when they don't look at other aspects of there life.
We aren't discussing morality of values. We're talking about EBAY. This is a forum dedicated to EBAY and PAYPAL, as well as Amazon.

Eating meat does NOT relate to these topics. Scamming people DOES. Read the rules.

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

Scamming people as a buyer OR sellers is not OK, period. You want to do it, that's fine, but don't preach about it here.