Question about the impact of Unpaid Item Cases - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Question about the impact of Unpaid Item Cases

I've got a question about Unpaid Item Cases, from a buyer's standpoint (and if it effects my selling at all)

Is there any negative impact to having an Unpaid Item Case opened on something I purchased if I pay for the item within the 4 days? I know one will get strikes if they don't pay for the item within the 4 days, but is it like nothing happened if I do pay?

Hypothetically, if I buy 40 items a month, and don't pay for them until cases are opened, does that seem like something eBay would consider to be indicative of a risky account?

Finally, does your behavior as a buyer impact your ability to maintain a good selling reputation?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2016

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Question about the impact of Unpaid Item Cases

I hate buyers like you
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
applepbc (04-21-2016), dealagreeproceed (02-10-2016), nyc (02-13-2016), toxicwaltz (02-14-2016), unkown5454 (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

I don't plan to do anything like that at all... My wife is concerned about an item she bought. We want to wait until I get paid Friday to make payment. The seller could potentially open an Unpaid Item Case around midnight tonight (Wednesday). She's concerned that we're putting our whole seller account at risk if this were to happen. I've done reading and not been able to find anything about a negative impact, so long as you pay for the item before the case can be closed 4 days later. I'm just trying to get a second opinion. We normally pay for purchases right away.

I do want to be very cautious, as I'm running a psuedo-stealth account, and only have one at the moment.
Old 02-10-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Just message the seller and let them know when you will make the payment. I have unpaid assistant so i dont need to worry about opening and closing unpaids, but if a buyer messages me and lets me know when they will pay i turn it off for their transaction
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
Hypothetically, if I buy 40 items a month, and don't pay for them until cases are opened, does that seem like something eBay would consider to be indicative of a risky account?
This is a seller's forum. First you claim this is just to help your wife, but you ask some asinine question like this also?

You won't find any help here for crap like that unless you want to get ripped a new a**hole.

You are fishing for more than just helping your wife who likes to bid on things she can't afford.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
applepbc (04-21-2016), dealagreeproceed (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I'm running a psuedo-stealth account
Not really such a thing - it is either stealth or not - why do you call it "pseudo-stealth"?
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
This is a seller's forum. First you claim this is just to help your wife
I did not claim that. My very first sentence in the original post clearly stated that I had a question the impact of UICs from a buyer's standpoint, and its effect on my selling account.

Quote:
but you ask some asinine question like this also?

You won't find any help here for crap like that unless you want to get ripped a new a**hole.
Rip me a new a**hole and call me asinine all you feel you must. I'm a big boy and can ignore a bully if I want. I still don't know the answer to my question, just because you cursed and called me names.

I have read through eBay policy, and have searched these forums as well as others. Plenty is out there on UICs where no payment is rendered and strikes. The topic of if UICs have any impact when the item is paid for is something I haven't come across. Therefore, I came to the place where people with a lot more experience than I do discuss eBay to find out if anyone has any insight I haven't encountered.

Quote:
You are fishing for more than just helping your wife who likes to bid on things she can't afford.
I'm not fishing for it, I'm straight out asking for it, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to EWHendo For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Just message the seller and let them know when you will make the payment. I have unpaid assistant so i dont need to worry about opening and closing unpaids, but if a buyer messages me and lets me know when they will pay i turn it off for their transaction
I understand that this is best practice, however my question was more about understanding what eBay looks at and finds risky. It was more of a hypothetical question than anything. Thank you for the advice though
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not really such a thing - it is either stealth or not - why do you call it "pseudo-stealth"?
My original EB & PP accounts went down like 2 years ago. Since then I have gotten a new bank account, phone number, and moved to a new address. So everything is legitimately in my name with my info, but not linked to my old accounts.
Old 02-10-2016
Banned

Longevity: 65%

gosh what a pointless thread. u wasted 3 min of my life. u owe me!
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (02-12-2016)
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
My original EB & PP accounts went down like 2 years ago. Since then I have gotten a new bank account, phone number, and moved to a new address. So everything is legitimately in my name with my info, but not linked to my old accounts.
Tread carefully. If you have your SSN on file for both Paypal's, you will be linked eventually. A few years ago before I learned about stealth I moved and did the same thing you did. The new account did fine for a while. Sold $24k over about 8 months. But then boom, out of nowhere, accounts linked and selling limit reduced to 0/0.

If I were you I would be getting some "full stealth" backups ready, so you are still able to sell when/if your new account is linked to your old one.

Regarding your original question, I don't think it would be a good idea to make a habit of buying things before you're ready to pay. I can't say for sure if it would have any impact on your selling account, but it's a major hassle for the seller you're putting off until payday.
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Yes, thank you pahz0rz, I know better than to use my SSN on the new ones. It was compromised when my old accounts went down.

The other major question I have is what to do about that. I have a Sole Proprietor EIN. I am trying to figure out if I should go ahead and add it, as I have read that it is too late (to upgrade to a business account) once PP requests tax info.

It is questionable as to whether I would sell enough to trigger the PP tax request. In preparation though, we are going to do the same thing with my wife's info and bank account. We haven't figured out what to do about the physical address though, because if it is the same as mine I believe it risks being linked with my new one.
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I hope they do shut down your account....

Doesn't sound like you're very successful anyways, if you don't even have the money in your PayPal account to cover the items you're bidding on....

Maybe you should focus more on building your eBay business rather than buying things you can't afford.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

WTF?!?! Just stay out of the thread if you're just going to talk **** to the OP. You have no idea who this person is or what kind of situation they are in. 2 years ago my finances were tight just like OP's, now I run a profitable business thanks to HELP FROM PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. The OP is obviously a n00b. It's pathetic for you to harass him/her knowing damn well you did not always run a profitable business. YOU were a n00b at one point also. I do agree the guy is doing something annoying by putting off unpaid orders, but that is not a reason to dismiss him outright and call him a failure. DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE. YOU, AND OTHERS LIKE YOU, ARE RUINING THIS FORUM.

EWhendo- You might as well go ahead and give them your EIN if you had it made just for that account. If you do not get 200 sales AND 20,000 in sales, paypal won't send out a 1099. But it's also worth noting that it's not impossible to add an EIN once they request it. You will get two emails from paypal requesting your tax ID before they limit your account. As long as you supply your EIN before they limit your account, it's fairly easy to upgrade to a business account. If you put it off too long and they limit your account, it's still impossible to upgrade. But at that point you will have to call in and get them to manually add the EIN. Which can be tricky because they can be pesky about getting an SSN from you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
madpes (02-13-2016), Mitsu (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks Phazorz... you rock.
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

[QUOTE=phaz0rz;746905]WTF?!?! Just stay out of the thread if you're just going to talk **** to the OP. You have no idea who this person is or what kind of situation they are in. 2 years ago my finances were tight just like OP's, now I run a profitable business thanks to HELP FROM PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. The OP is obviously a n00b. It's pathetic for you to harass him/her knowing damn well you did not always run a profitable business. YOU were a n00b at one point also. I do agree the guy is doing something annoying by putting off unpaid orders, but that is not a reason to dismiss him outright and call him a failure. DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE. YOU, AND OTHERS LIKE YOU, ARE RUINING THIS FORUM.

Calm down buddy, you're going to pop a vein.

If you read my post, you'll see I did give some VERY valuable advice:

Live within your means, and focus on making $$$.

This is good advice for ANYONE, PERIOD, no matter what their situation.

The OP just needs to hear it more than most.
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I understand that this is best practice, however my question was more about understanding what eBay looks at and finds risky. It was more of a hypothetical question than anything. Thank you for the advice though
Sad thing is ebay does not do hypotheticals....

Marks/blemishes on accounts can be taken and used later even if an account is in good standing.

Messing around with buying issues should be avoided.

Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Calm down buddy, you're going to pop a vein.

If you read my post, you'll see I did give some VERY valuable advice:

Live within your means, and focus on making $$$.

This is good advice for ANYONE, PERIOD, no matter what their situation.

The OP just needs to hear it more than most.
UGGH YOU'RE AN IDIOT, I HOPE THEY SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU'RE NOT SUCCESSFUL, I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HOW DARE YOU POST THIS, READ THE FAQ OMG C'MON, YOU SCUMBAG

Oh but hey buddy, here's some valuable advice I'd like you to have... :3 !
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
UGGH YOU'RE AN IDIOT, I HOPE THEY SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU'RE NOT SUCCESSFUL, I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HOW DARE YOU POST THIS, READ THE FAQ OMG C'MON, YOU SCUMBAG

Oh but hey buddy, here's some valuable advice I'd like you to have... :3 !
Nice post, too bad most of what you listed I never said.

It's called "tough love". You can kiss OP's butt all you want, but he needs to get his priorities straight, period.

Old 02-13-2016

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%

Can someone please answer this...

How on earth does 1 unpaid case translate to 40?

There is a BIG difference between a NOOB and a DUMB question.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I've got a question about Unpaid Item Cases, from a buyer's standpoint (and if it effects my selling at all)

Is there any negative impact to having an Unpaid Item Claim

Finally, does your behavior as a buyer impact your ability to maintain a good selling reputation?

Thanks in advance!
solefoodbk

READ the posts!

Hypothetically does not work when ebay/paypal are involved....

Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Nice post, too bad most of what you listed I never said.

It's called "tough love". You can kiss OP's butt all you want, but he needs to get his priorities straight, period.

A quick review of OP's history shows the first post they ever made which stated they had an EB/PP account "go into the red" and also a statement that they can't get a real bank account unless it was a "second chance" account.

So yea, something tells me our special little OP has serious financial issues and now wants advice on burning sellers on EB. But yea, let's treat everyone like innocent little babies on this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
realdeals (02-13-2016)