Question about Counterfeit Item and Return - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Question about Counterfeit Item and Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
Its not like I came up with this on my own... I found it on eBay's site about what to do if you receive a counterfeit item.
They put that their to cover their @sses legally, but in reality they are going to do what's most profitable for their company. There are thousands of sellers selling counterfeits on Ebay and Ebay does absolutely nothing to stop it unless a right's owner complains, or a seller can't manage their customer service. If Ebay purged all those pushing phakes, they'd go out of business.

This is (in my view) why Ebay is fairly lenient with their policies regarding counterfeits/phakes/replicas or whatever you want to call them. They know damn well 1/2 of their revenue is generated by fees from sellers pushing counterfeits.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%

Im super confused now. So you know for fact it is counterfeit yet you have not received it?

This is getting more retarded by the moment.
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^agreed. That "once I get it" line you added really makes it sound like you bought this item with the sole intention of scamming the seller :(
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

So, to prove an item is counterfeit, you have to have a third party opinion from a professional and/or a letter documented by the manufacturer. You then have to send this document into ebay and oftentimes they want it notarized. At that point they make you log into a government site, file a fraud report. Ebay confirms this information a couple weeks later and you are then authorized to destroy the item or hand it over to authorities.

Seems like an utter waste of time and I still believe you really just want a free item. It seems even more to be the case seeing as you have not even received the item yet.....
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

If you want to play good Samaritan, you will probably go through all this hassle to prove to the ebay advisor this is counterfeit, and the ebay advisor that deals with the case will most probably not bother to escalate any further, just refund you and tell you to keep the item. Might put notes on sellers accounts. But dont expect the sellers listings to come down overnight. ebay for some reason are very lenient with counterfeit items (in a good and bad way).
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
ebay for some reason are very lenient with counterfeit items (in a good and bad way).
I truly believe it's just business..

They're decentralized unlike AZ, so I'm assuming Ebay is shielded from lawsuits since sellers control their stores. The seller would be sued and not Ebay, so Ebay let's it fly for now..
Old 04-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
^^agreed. That "once I get it" line you added really makes it sound like you bought this item with the sole intention of scamming the seller :(
Sorry, that was unclear. The "It" meant the refund. I would destroy the item once I received the refund.
Old 04-20-2016

what an utter waste of time mate. send it back n move on with ur life
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Sorry, that was unclear. The "It" meant the refund. I would destroy the item once I received the refund.
You will get a refund as soon as the item is returned to the sender. Dont be a thief and leech.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
applepbc (04-21-2016), dealagreeproceed (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

I'm not. I was a victim of fraud and am doing my best to follow posted policy.
Old 04-20-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
I'm not. I was a victim of fraud and am doing my best to follow posted policy.
If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller.

you keep repeating you follow the eb policy but in fact you are just interpreting it for your own benefit. eb policy does not state you MUST NOT return the item. now, apparently you are the person who thinks he has the only right opinion and I do not understand you are asking for other's advice? Most probably just to seek assurance you are morally right to rip off a seller. I even doubt the item you have is counterfeit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frodo For This Useful Post:
slapped (04-21-2016)
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Did you buy from a competitor and trying to make it as painful as possible? If so, this is a horrible approach.
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

Read rules 4 and 7.

Don't discuss phakes and don't ask about buyer issues.

Before you run around quoting eBay policy, perhaps you should follow the rules of the forum.
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Just return the item and get refund, no?
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

to :EWHendo

You quoted some ebay policy but people know on here that ebay will sometimes not follow their own polices.

I am not going to post something that will add to the flames, I am simply going to post something different.

I have been on your side, I have gotten some phake items in the past and I have also sold tons of phakes in the past, hell thats how I started on ebay.

Just last week I bought a microSD card for my phone and got one of those Chinese special phakes, the seller was from the US. The SD card would not read the correct memory size, I told the seller about it, they sent me a return label and when it arrived I got my money back. I didnt leave any feedback, I could have left a negative feedback but didnt. I told myself, maybe the seller got a bad bash of microSD cards or maybe they didnt know they where phake. I simply got dressed, went to the nearest Walmart and bought one from the store. Sure the price was much higher vs ebay's price, but at least I knew I would get the correct memory reading from the microSD card.

So EWHendo, you should ask yourself. Did the seller know the item was phake or not. I would maybe ask them over the ebay message system or maybe in person over the phone. People are much different over the phone. Or maybe get dressed, go down to the local shopping area and maybe find the item you seek from there.

Last edited by yotano211; 04-20-2016 at 08:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

The funny thing about people buying phakes is this: 90% of the time, anyone who sells on eBay already KNOWS with 95% certainty that the item they are buying is phake. They know this because they understand what the profit margins are to make money on eBay, given the Final Value Fee, returns, stolen money through bogus claims, shipping, etc, and they also know what the actual retail value of the item is. So when they buy the item for 50% of the retail price, they know innately that most likely, it's not a real item. Now, some people, such as myself, really don't care about whether these piddly items are real or not, we just want the stuff. Most things work the same regardless. Some things, like electronics, don't, as yotano said.

But my point is this. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I'm buying from eBay and I get a "good deal", I know that, most likely, I'm buying phake goods. When quality is important, I buy from Amazon or BestBuy, or Wal-Mart, or Home Depot, or some other reputable retailer.

Point being: You knew, or SHOULD have known, that the item you were buying was most likely phake. You bought it anyway. The seller agreed to accept a return. You will get your money back, at no cost to you, shipping is paid for. You already drop off packages at the PO anyway, so there's no added inconvenience. Just return the item. If you really hate the guy, leave a negative feedback, then call eBay and ask for their fraud department, and give them the earful you gave us.

But this isn't about right and wrong. It's about getting moral justification for theft. No one hear is going to advocate what you're suggesting. 90% of us would not advocate counterfeits either, but two wrongs don't make a right. Just return the stupid thing and be done with it. There's no need for this drama.
dealagreeproceed (04-20-2016), phaz0rz (04-21-2016)
Old 04-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
applepbc (04-21-2016), BigCJ (04-21-2016), dealagreeproceed (04-21-2016), GhostOfAmazon (04-20-2016), spindoctor (04-21-2016), yankee (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016

Been to bed for 8 hours and this guys still whining about how to get stuff for free. Ban this guy!!! These are the people giving buyers a bad name.

Keeps saying he doesn't want to break ebays terms.

Got a stealth account? Emm... Terms broken! Duh....

Your one of those that runs back half a mile, if you've walked out of a shop and forgot your 1p or 1 cent change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spindoctor For This Useful Post:
cricket901662 (04-21-2016), slapped (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Yankee laying the law down!

As you can tell op, with the tidal wave of opinion against you, you are in the wrong. Stop quoting ebays policy to try and scam something.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
cricket901662 (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016

@GhostOfAmazon - I disagree. Most buyers I feel are naive, so when they see a bargain, they go for it. I highly doubt they feel goods are in any way, shape or form phake. I know what your getting at, in terms of price margin difference etc., but I am talking about people who just dont give things like this a second thought. There was once a time you could trust big sellers on ebay, thats not the case no more, they too could dupe you.

Moving on, I do exactly what you do. Anything I feel could potentially be duped, I purchase from Amazon, and from Amazon themselves.
Old 04-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
@GhostOfAmazon - I disagree. Most buyers I feel are naive, so when they see a bargain, they go for it. I highly doubt they feel goods are in any way, shape or form phake. I know what your getting at, in terms of price margin difference etc., but I am talking about people who just dont give things like this a second thought. There was once a time you could trust big sellers on ebay, thats not the case no more, they too could dupe you.

Moving on, I do exactly what you do. Anything I feel could potentially be duped, I purchase from Amazon, and from Amazon themselves.
I'm not talking about "most" buyers. I'm talking about the membership of this forum. If you think I'm giving them too much credit in their business savvy, so be it, call me an optimist.
Old 04-21-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I'm not talking about "most" buyers. I'm talking about the membership of this forum. If you think I'm giving them too much credit in their business savvy, so be it, call me an optimist.
If your talking about people on this forum, then your right. They should know from experience whats phake and whats not.
Closed Thread