Listing Removed dont understand - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Listing Removed dont understand

I recently started selling on a stealth account and I listed some pre-owned baby clothes etc not new but pre-owned baby clothes. However the listing went for 5 days no problems and sold for less then $1.50 and today not long after the listing I get a Trademark warning saying "Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Listing Content. Your listing was reviewed after receiving a report from the rights owner that your listing used their trademark without their permission. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the review of your listing and whether you can relist the item."

From company Gerber. Ok so I'am so confused here how am I to list anything that is not even new or high risk if everytime I list it ebay removes it? It was pre-owned baby wear barely selling for a dollar in auction format so what gives? Is there a certain way to list products or what?

Old 05-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Listing Removed dont understand

Sadly any VERO agent can have your items pulled....even if not High Risk. Kinda dumb if you ask me, you listed pre-owned baby clothes....not like you listed a Prada Hand Bag. I would contact VERO agent and see if they will tell you why they pulled your listing.
Old 05-31-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

This brand may be getting a lot of phakes being sold. Hence why they are acting so irrationally.

If you are going to sell them, try attaching a picture of your receipt.

If you dont have one, try listing them in very small quantities.
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Sadly any VERO agent can have your items pulled....even if not High Risk. Kinda dumb if you ask me, you listed pre-owned baby clothes....not like you listed a Prada Hand Bag. I would contact VERO agent and see if they will tell you why they pulled your listing.
If I contacted them wouldn't it draw attention to my account? I agree it is very stupid when it is people listing high risk high price items and I put up 2 pieces of pre owned baby clothes I bought from a baby store sale of pre owned clothes and get this. Its like you can't sell anything even low price used stuff for fear of it being removed
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
This brand may be getting a lot of phakes being sold. Hence why they are acting so irrationally.

If you are going to sell them, try attaching a picture of your receipt.

If you dont have one, try listing them in very small quantities.

I don't understand how they could be getting a lot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ of this pre-owned used baby clothes. I can see if it was new but geesh used baby clothes for barely a buck just crazy. I bought these clothes over a year ago at a used clothing store so I don't have the receipt on hand but its used baby clothes not even like new. I listed only 1 of that brand and 1 of another brand and had only 2 things listed so not any big bulk listing. Is there a certain way to list products? I put Carters etc etc for the title ? Is that a mistake to put the name of the actual company? I used my own pictures and it was listed for 5 days and paid for and then all of a sudden not long after they hit me with that email.
Old 05-31-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme1 View Post
I don't understand how they could be getting a lot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ of this pre-owned used baby clothes. I can see if it was new but geesh used baby clothes for barely a buck just crazy. I bought these clothes over a year ago at a used clothing store so I don't have the receipt on hand but its used baby clothes not even like new. I listed only 1 of that brand and 1 of another brand and had only 2 things listed so not any big bulk listing. Is there a certain way to list products? I put Carters etc etc for the title ? Is that a mistake to put the name of the actual company? I used my own pictures and it was listed for 5 days and paid for and then all of a sudden not long after they hit me with that email.
VERO holders are smart. They know people list as used.

But not so smart to distinguish which are real or phake.

If they are giving you hassle, just dont sell them. Its not worth all the correspondance just to sell a few more.

I assume this is a new stealth account, and these are one of the first few items your listing. Had you been more established, this particular brand may have let you go.
Old 05-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
If I contacted them wouldn't it draw attention to my account? I agree it is very stupid when it is people listing high risk high price items and I put up 2 pieces of pre owned baby clothes I bought from a baby store sale of pre owned clothes and get this. Its like you can't sell anything even low price used stuff for fear of it being removed
It is fine to contact the VeRO member. You should of got their contact information in the email eBay sends? And yeah it's just another VeRO member throwing their weight around. As it's a trademark claim, it is best to contact them to resolve the issue.
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
VERO holders are smart. They know people list as used.

But not so smart to distinguish which are real or phake.

If they are giving you hassle, just dont sell them. Its not worth all the correspondance just to sell a few more.

I assume this is a new stealth account, and these are one of the first few items your listing. Had you been more established, this particular brand may have let you go.
I have like 2 big garbage bag sized bags of baby clothes I bought all used from a baby store full of pre -owned baby clothes and this sucks that I have to go through this type of hassle to list a few used baby clothes. It is also very petty of that company to mess with a new seller that listed 1 used product for barely a buck when it is Im sure god knows how many people selling tons of their products ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and new for higher price. Why mess with the little person with only 1 listing for cheap and you can tell the product is not new. I appreciate your input.
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
It is fine to contact the VeRO member. You should of got their contact information in the email eBay sends? And yeah it's just another VeRO member throwing their weight around. As it's a trademark claim, it is best to contact them to resolve the issue.
Ok Thanks Jigsaw I did get their contact information but I don't understand how they can mess with 1 little seller that listed only 1 of their products that is used clothing that you can clearly see is not new but pre-owned and barely a buck. Its petty
Old 05-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Sadly this is typical of VERO bullies.. I had item removed, provided my receipts and they didn't want to hear anything about it....
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Sadly this is typical of VERO bullies.. I had item removed, provided my receipts and they didn't want to hear anything about it....
So basically you can never list any products made from that company even if it is used?
Old 05-31-2016

Quote:
So basically you can never list any products made from that company even if it is used?
If you have the rights owner vero that brand ,then NO i wouldnt relist that brand clearly they are watching for anything with their name on it . They dont care real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ new or used , they will just say your not allowed to market their brand in fears of you not upholding the brands value ..
I went through this with flex seal spray cans . Yes they were real didnt matter ..
Are all the clothes same brand ? if so i would seek other venues to off load em..
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
If you have the rights owner vero that brand ,then NO i wouldnt relist that brand clearly they are watching for anything with their name on it . They dont care real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ new or used , they will just say your not allowed to market their brand in fears of you not upholding the brands value ..
I went through this with flex seal spray cans . Yes they were real didnt matter ..
Are all the clothes same brand ? if so i would seek other venues to off load em..
Thank you for the input and letting me know that this happened to you also. I have many different brands of clothes but funny thing is I don't know which belong to Gerber llc because I had no idea that Carters was a part of Gerber period.
Old 05-31-2016

Longevity: 50%

To be honest, if your gonna sell brand name items, i feel like the bigger the name the better in my opinion...the huge corporations dont seem to have time to track down little petty stuff like this.

Or just sell unbranded everyday items
Old 05-31-2016

where is the ⊗ button at ?
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Maybe I'm slow but what does that mean lol
Old 05-31-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
To be honest, if your gonna sell brand name items, i feel like the bigger the name the better in my opinion...the huge corporations dont seem to have time to track down little petty stuff like this.

Or just sell unbranded everyday items
Gerber is a pretty big name to be truthful but you would just think such a big company would have better things to do then pick on a small seller with 2 items listed one being their brand for under 2 bucks lol
Old 05-31-2016

Quote:
Theres no button. Sensitive phrases will become obscured by the forum.

i.e. ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Hence why people say phake.
Old 05-31-2016

Quote:
Gerber is a pretty big name to be truthful but you would just think such a big company would have better things to do then pick on a small seller with 2 items listed one being their brand for under 2 bucks lol
Have you considered that pricing their items too cheap (even though its used) has a impact?

I still believe, had your account been long-standing and established, this would not have happened.
Old 05-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Ok Thanks Jigsaw I did get their contact information but I don't understand how they can mess with 1 little seller that listed only 1 of their products that is used clothing that you can clearly see is not new but pre-owned and barely a buck. Its petty
Because thst is the game and they control the game.

Sadly you are merely a peanut who they will try to squash.

Bullies indeed.

Old 05-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

When you list, you need to research items.

WARNING EBAY LINK

http://vero.ebay.com/vero/gerberchildrenswear

They are rampant with enforcing their rights.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
helpme1 (06-01-2016)
Old 05-31-2016

Quote:
Theres no button. Sensitive phrases will become obscured by the forum.

i.e. ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Hence why people say phake.
Learned something new today . Thanks !