eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Signed in from new computer. Ebay asking to confirm my account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/97619-signed-new-computer-ebay-asking-confirm-my-account.html)

james13v 07-01-2016 04:42 PM

Signed in from new computer. Ebay asking to confirm my account

I bought an account a few years ago. Haven't had any trouble. Barely used it, to be honest.

Now I logged in from a new computer, that I've been using for over a month, and it wants to call the phone number I have on the account.

The phone I have on the account is one that was given to me when I bought the account.

So what exactly am I supposed to do?

james13v 07-01-2016 04:54 PM

Re: Signed in from new computer. Ebay asking to confirm my account

great.

Signed up for google voice. Got a number. Changed that number on ebay. Received their text. Confirmed the pin number.

Now, I can't do anything on this computer without getting this

Quote:

Call us at 1-866-643-1607 and mention security code ***********. This is not the same confirmation code to confirm your account.

If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number.

miketyson 07-01-2016 05:23 PM

Fatal mistake. Happened to me. You're suppose to wait until it goes away to change number

james13v 07-01-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 783583)
Fatal mistake. Happened to me. You're suppose to wait until it goes away to change number

Why would it go away?

Also, my account still works fine on my original computer. Just not the new one. Which is stupid.

bluegrass1 07-01-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 783589)
Why would it go away?

Also, my account still works fine on my original computer. Just not the new one. Which is stupid.

1 First thing is get a new ip numbr not used to log in .

2 OK erase that account on you new computer the whole user account and make a new one . To erase any and all cookies . DONT LOG IN YET

3 Now log in using your old computer"new IP Address" this will unlock it,
then log off your old computer

4 THEN using same ip address log in with new computer . I used different browser was using IE and when i had troubles i used google chrome to log in this will unlock and allow usage on new computer :cheer:

Keep old computer around for a bit to ensure there is no problems ..
If ever run into this again your account must be unlocked and using old computer to change phone number THEN use new computer to let them call text code .. hope this helps let us know outcome

glacier922 07-01-2016 06:53 PM

this will happen, especially with no cookies history.

empirestate 07-01-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 783577)
Call us at 1-866-643-1607 and mention security code ***********. This is not the same confirmation code to confirm your account.

If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number.

I believe there was another message before this... You should have waited for 2 days to disappear, but this 2nd message will not go away. Calling them is the only option.

james13v 07-01-2016 07:09 PM

I'm very new to all this. I bought two accounts. But pretty much use my main real account, so I've never run into any problems.

I ended up setting up the google voice using that new number, and decided to call using google voice. They wanted to confirm some info.

My address and name. Then they asked to call me back on this number.

They said that they need to put my computer in their system. Ok, am I missing something?

Tell me they don't have access to what computer I'm using? I have 4 user names on one account. Different IP address any time I use one.

james13v 07-01-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 783598)
this will happen, especially with no cookies history.

I use firefox. I thought the cookies got transferred with all the other info?

james13v 07-01-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 783599)
I believe there was another message before this... You should have waited for 2 days to disappear, but this 2nd message will not go away. Calling them is the only option.

The other message, was to have ebay call or text me with a pin. Which they did. Then I put the pin in. All was good.

glacier922 07-01-2016 07:15 PM

in that case, I misread, sorry. You should copy the cookies into your new computer. No problem from there on.

james13v 07-01-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 783607)
in that case, I misread, sorry. You should copy the cookies into your new computer. No problem from there on.

I thought the cookies got copied when I transferred all the other info?

empirestate 07-01-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 783606)
The other message, was to have ebay call or text me with a pin. Which they did. Then I put the pin in. All was good.

Yea this one, you should have waited a few days to disappear. This message is caused by IP change when you login.

james13v 07-01-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 783611)
Yea this one, you should have waited a few days to disappear. This message is caused by IP change when you login.

I had this happen on my other account 2 weeks ago, and it worked just fine. So I wasn't worried. Just really wanted to list. Now tho.... I'll be more cautious

james13v 07-03-2016 08:05 AM

So can anyone confirm or deny that ebay can tell what computer you're using? Or are they only able to tell you're on a new browser without cookies? I don't get it.

nodeal 07-03-2016 11:54 AM

I'm having the same problem on one of my accounts (ebay asking me to call with the security code) and I am trying to figure out what went wrong.

The ebay rep said I got this security block because of a change in my IP address. But I use a mifi device and the IP address is dynamic and changes every time I turn it on and off so that doesn't make any sense.

Nothing was done with the cookies that would flag ebays security, so I am really trying to figure out why this has happened.

Jackery 07-03-2016 12:14 PM

nodeal maybe the IP it gave you was flagged by eBay from someone else using that IP...one in a million, but chit happens.

glacier922 07-03-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 783830)
So can anyone confirm or deny that ebay can tell what computer you're using? Or are they only able to tell you're on a new browser without cookies? I don't get it.

Yes, of course they can tell what computer you're using, such as whether you have signed on to eBay or not with it, ala cookies. Cookies has it's own unique serial number, so it has a record of whether you signed in to eBay, along with all your unique history. It seems that this is the only way eBay tracks you because if they do any other way, my accounts would be long gone now.

Ubaida 07-03-2016 04:55 PM

Just wanted to mention that this has been a very informative thread. Thanks to all

lithium 07-04-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 783830)

Yes they can, infact cookies are old technology now.
PP and Ebay use something called browser fingerprinting to identify you, it's more like super-cookies that you can't delete or transfer.

bluegrass1 07-04-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lithium (Post 783990)
Yes they can, infact cookies are old technology now.
PP and Ebay use something called browser fingerprinting to identify you, it's more like super-cookies that you can't delete or transfer.

Erase the user account off your computer ..
log on using old computer to unlock WITH a new ip address
log off old computer
create a new user account on new computer
using same ip address use google crome dont worry about cookies
SIgn into ebay .. TRY THIS it works I find it seems to help signing into your email so your browser shows its u logged in .. then just log into eb with a clean slate ...
has works for some of my problem accounts that kept getting this same problem

james13v 07-05-2016 01:28 PM

While I did get the problem resolved, I don't think my question got answered tho.

I'm asking if the COMPUTER can be traced. As in, the machine itself. I have multiple user accounts on one machine. They said this was something new they started this year.

Can they or can't they track my MACHINE?