Am I responsible if buyer's item is stolen during shipping? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Am I responsible if buyer's item is stolen during shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post
The buyer won the case. I'm out of $400.00 now. I feel horrible now. I think I'm going to call eBay but I'm scared to call them because I'm using a stealth account.
Calling them is a waste of time. Its a hard lesson to learn to skimp on $2.00-3.00. I am with most other people anything over $100 USD I always do signature confirmation. Anything over $200 its not even a question. eBay really doesn't care very much about sellers, Amazon is even worse. You have do whatever you can to protect yourself.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman90 View Post
Calling eBay won't do you any good. If anything it will give eBay another reason to look closer at YOU. I'm sorry this happened to you. I have had similar experiences over my years with eBay and have also lost big sums of money.

Most all of us on this forum could probably write a 2" thick book on all the wrongs eBay and PayPal has laid on us.

I have learned how you are learning now. Anything I can't afford to give away I insure and pay for a signature required.

But...........all my buyer has to say is it's not as advertised and I still lose the case whether it makes it back to me as a return or not.

It's not just eBay. It's the price of doing business remotely by mail or freight.
I have bought plenty of items online from sellers like Harbor Freight, Summit Racing, Jegs, Lowes and Home Depot just to name a few and if I get something damaged or with parts missing or something that never came at all...............generally one phone call and they are sending me another one.......at their expense.
Umm, please don't tell people that calling ebay won't do any good. If the item says delievred then he BETTER call ebay and tell them that. that department has no reason to look closer into him.
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Calling them is a waste of time. Its a hard lesson to learn to skimp on $2.00-3.00. I am with most other people anything over $100 USD I always do signature confirmation. Anything over $200 its not even a question. eBay really doesn't care very much about sellers, Amazon is even worse. You have do whatever you can to protect yourself.
No, calling them is NOT a waste of time. I don't understand where this forum got this idea from. You call enough people, and you will get the problem solved. Even if they solve it by accident. I saved my account because I called and called. If I were to listen to the advice on this forum, I would be in deep crap right now.

As far as signature confirmation over $100.... After the third time of the post office trying to get a person to sign for a package at 1PM on a week day, and that person having to go to the post office and wait an hour in line, you'll learn your lesson of not doing signature confirmation except for very expensive items, when the person asks for it, or when shipping to a business.

God how I loathe signature confirmation. The amount of things I've ordered, that I had to run around trying to sign for...
Old 09-03-2016

Look at that. I just had this EXACT situation, just called ebay a minute, and they closed the case in my favor. In fact, just as i mentioned before, sometimes they close it by accident, which is what happened here.
Insane buyer, that I knew was going to leave negative feedback.
That was such a waste of time huh.
Old 09-05-2016

Longevity: 44%

You should have terms on your ebays auction listing such as:
"I do not offer refunds on any item"
"I can not be held responsible for any item that is lost or stolen in transit".

And you are all good to go.
Old 09-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieaames View Post
You should have terms on your ebays auction listing such as:
"I do not offer refunds on any item"
"I can not be held responsible for any item that is lost or stolen in transit".

And you are all good to go.
Old 09-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I know right? No matter what, if the buyer wants a refund he will get it.

I plan on calling in 3 days. I need a few days to recollect myself.

I'm hoping this won't link my accounts because the phone number I'm using is the same phone on my other account which is prohibited from selling the product I'm selling on my new stealth account.
Old 09-05-2016

Longevity: 54%

Buyer will win. It is seller's responsibility to insure the item during the shipment.
Old 09-05-2016

Quote:

I'm hoping this won't link my accounts because the phone number I'm using is the same phone on my other account which is prohibited from selling the product I'm selling on my new stealth account.
Umm, lol you should also stop that foolery. Do NOT use the same phone number from another account.
Old 09-06-2016

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You should be able to get refund for it, no?
nope never got a refund the seller wouldn't help or offer a replacement and couldn't open a dispute cause the tracking says delivered to my town but didn't say where in my town. Which that is another messed up part about tracking it only shows going to the town not the address so it could go anywhere and ebay would assume u got the package. I went to the post office all the said is I should try to get the mail guy to cover the cost which I doubt that would happen.
Old 09-06-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:

The amount of mistakes you have made here are tremendous. I would never send a $400 package without sognature confirmation. Anything over $100 gets signature...sometimes I do it for items as low as $30 if I feel the need by taking a look at the buyers feedback. If you cant fork over the extra couple dollars for signature, you should probably rethink things. Also, why you would reuse a number that is on a prohibited account is beyond me....you are a subscribed member, did you even read the book? I am pretty sure one of the first things it says is use a new phone number, new IP, new EVERYTHING....hope you take this as a hard lesson. And dont sell expensive items on a 0 feedback account anymore!
Old 09-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcreator11 View Post
nope never got a refund the seller wouldn't help or offer a replacement and couldn't open a dispute cause the tracking says delivered to my town but didn't say where in my town. Which that is another messed up part about tracking it only shows going to the town not the address so it could go anywhere and ebay would assume u got the package. I went to the post office all the said is I should try to get the mail guy to cover the cost which I doubt that would happen.
Their hand held scanners have GPS and they will tell you EXACTLY where it was delivered.