So now we’re expected to control the weather? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 12-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default So now we’re expected to control the weather?

Buyer wins item on Saturday, I arrange courier pick up for Monday, blizzard on Sunday, worst snow I've seen in my life; courier doesn't show up (For obvious reasons). The next day I carry the item through 2 feet of snow to the post office and send it out next day delivery at almost double the cost (Parcelforce) so he doesn't need to wait over a week for the courier to show. Delays are obviously expected and every step of the way I told the buyer everything and let him know exactly what was going on. He gets the item 4 days later and leaves this feedback:

The feedback system is for the seller, not the weather!

Or was I supposed to invest in a weather control device?

Some people just blow my mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Markk For This Useful Post:
holymoly (12-11-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Well DAMMIT Markk...eBay SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THEIR POLICIES!

Sellers on eBay and PayPal will need the following items if they are to be successful.

A cold heart for when we tear your money from you un-announced for 6 months.
A great sob story that we can all laugh over.
And a weather machine to control snow storms so others don't leave neutral feedback (which we won't change because it's not a negative)
Markk (12-13-2010)
Old 12-11-2010

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk View Post
Buyer wins item on Saturday, I arrange courier pick up for Monday, blizzard on Sunday, worst snow I've seen in my life; courier doesn't show up (For obvious reasons). The next day I carry the item through 2 feet of snow to the post office and send it out next day delivery at almost double the cost (Parcelforce) so he doesn't need to wait over a week for the courier to show. Delays are obviously expected and every step of the way I told the buyer everything and let him know exactly what was going on. He gets the item 4 days later and leaves this feedback:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry man, I really don't. And its not that retarded fellow's fault! Its ebays fault for giving him the power. Unreal...
Old 12-12-2010

Thats why i dont think twice about ****ing the system...lmfao
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
I told the buyer everything
This is clearly, very clearly, a buyer who does NOT know that they hurt you with neutral. In his mind this neutral was just that, neutral by its real definition. Not eBay's

I got an email today from a buyer just furious that USPS tried to deliver today and they weren't home. It showed very poor customer service on my part for not notifying them it would be delivered today. And that I need to learn how to better deal with my customers or I will be out of business soon... Sometimes you cant win...

I bet if you email him all nice and explained that he basically left you a damaging feedback he would recant
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Markk (12-13-2010)
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:

It's not too late to fix this Neutral to a Positive. Ebay does give us a second chance through their Feedback Revision Process found here http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/BayISAPI...edbackInitiate

Try re-communicating with the buyer and explain that it was out of your control due to the weather and maybe it might be worth it to refund a small amount back to them in good faith. The buyer seems to be a Newbie since they only have 15 feedback so try explaining that his feedback effects your listing due to ebay polices. Whatever you do try to be NICE about it because they can always change a Neutral to a Negative.

I have manage in the past to turn Negatives into Positive by being nice and explaining the situation to the Idiots...oops I meant to say Newbies.

BooMer
The Following User Says Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
Markk (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
It's not too late to fix this Neutral to a Positive. Ebay does give us a second chance through their Feedback Revision Process found here http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/BayISAPI...edbackInitiate

Try re-communicating with the buyer and explain that it was out of your control due to the weather and maybe it might be worth it to refund a small amount back to them in good faith. The buyer seems to be a Newbie since they only have 15 feedback so try explaining that his feedback effects your listing due to ebay polices. Whatever you do try to be NICE about it because they can always change a Neutral to a Negative.

I have manage in the past to turn Negatives into Positive by being nice and explaining the situation to the Idiots...oops I meant to say Newbies.

BooMer
haha, yeah I sent him a kind message after I saw the feedback (Just managing to hold the insults back) and thankfully he revised it today.

This reminds me of another time a buyer asked a question about the item after they recieved it wondering if it did something it clearly didn't; the question was asked in the form of a negative feedback. I contacted them and it truns out the guys daughter did it, so he revised it.

The question was "Can this play music????" - For a £1 iPod dock that I was selling for feedback.

Last edited by Markk; 12-13-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

LAME!!!

Man, some people do NOT understand the feedback system for real.

Be careful with the feedback revisions...only 5 per 1000 transactions (sales)
Old 12-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I have had 2 neutrals about delays recently too, I posted them on time, and the service doesnt guarantee delivery times, especially this time of year, I was shocked abut how late they did receive them though about 4 days later than usual, it depends on what part of country they live in.....as long as they get it for christmas, dont see what issue is for them anyway, when i get things a week late, I never make a comment, I have a life you know.....
Old 12-18-2010

Longevity: 86%

i find out tomorrow at my next review if i lose my account due to idiots moaning about delays, im hoping ill have another 30 days to improve the rating which i have already done this month by punting loads of cheap crap, ill b raging if i lose an account with 99.5% feedback all dsrs above 4.7 just because my dispatch time is 2.5% for 1 and 2's