Negative feedback for buyers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 04-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Negative feedback for buyers?

Ok i am been doing fairly well with ebay, i have hit a few un reasonable buyers. I don't leave feedback untill they leave me feedback. I have just noticed something (some might say "you just noticed this!!!") Why in the hell can't i leave negative feedback for buyers? I have received a negative feedback from one buyer because i would not ship the item international... which in my ad it stated "ships to: United States"

This was before i figured out how to block countries.

Is there a LOGICAL reason why sellers can't leave neg for buyers?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The way that John Donahoe (eBay's CEO) sees it, if the customer pays for the item, they have done their part, so negative feedback is prohibited.

I much preferred the old system. The ONLY restriction I ever supported was when they changed it so that you must have had an actual transaction with someone to leave feedback. In the beginning, a competitor could leave you a negative without even buying your product.

The original idea was that feedback is a two-way street. It kept everyone honest and you WERE hesitant to leave a negative without trying to work it out first, as you didn't want one yourself.

This is a part of eBay's Amazonification program.
Old 04-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
The way that John Donahoe (eBay's CEO) sees it, if the customer pays for the item, they have done their part, so negative feedback is prohibited.

I much preferred the old system. The ONLY restriction I ever supported was when they changed it so that you must have had an actual transaction with someone to leave feedback. In the beginning, a competitor could leave you a negative without even buying your product.

The original idea was that feedback is a two-way street. It kept everyone honest and you WERE hesitant to leave a negative without trying to work it out first, as you didn't want one yourself.

This is a part of eBay's Amazonification program.
And that original idea would actually eliminate a lot of the opened cases by the buyers, because now, like you said, the buyers would be encouraged to contact the seller to work things out before opening a case and leaving a negative feedback.
Old 04-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaice View Post
Is there a LOGICAL reason why sellers can't leave neg for buyers?
Think of it this way. Your account is used for both buying and selling, and you left a seller a negative feedback because of their terrible service and indescribed product. The seller gets pissed and leaves you a negative feedback in return. Now your feedback history is no longer 100%, which will affect your selling reputation as well.